Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 07:20 PM

10,100 posts, read 6,441,828 times

Advertisements

I'm well aware that Jesus was a Jew. However, the fact is that a Christian Church Bishop should have honored Trump with a cross or some other symbol of the Christian faith, rather than a prayer shawl (talit) that is an integral part of Jewish worship. The tallit is not part of the Bishop's faith practice - let him stick to his own religious articles and/or symbols with which to "anoint" the Donald. (Oh, and BTW, Jews do NOT believe in a Trinitarian G-d, thanksverymuch, not does Jesus have any integral part in our religion).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 07:42 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Leftist claim is that the Trump Team didn't want anyone to see the Standing Ovation they gave Mr Trump OR the Anointing by Bishop Brown with the Shawl that Brown had "I prayed over it and I fasted over it - I hope it gives you comfort in times of trouble". We have no idea what Mr Trump said after this honor - THE LEFTIST MEDIA doesn't want anyone to see. SCUM

YEAH ...... Trump people would want that cut out and kick the Media out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Because it showed Trump in a positive way.
So a company in a similar line of work should use this against Reuters and take away some of their business.
Another poster mentioned only one feed which is silly imo on something as big as this. Too much power in the hands of one entity. Even if it were an honest mistake why risk it with just one company having the call?

Old 09-03-2016, 08:08 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,452,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Sorry, but the fact that that Bishop Brown could "anoint" Trump with a talit is not only stupid, but offensive as well. The talit is an integral part of Jewish worship - it is improper for non-Jews to wear one, as it symbolizes the commandments only a Jew is obligated to fulfill. A Christian Bishop has NO business being associated with "praying over" and "fasting over" it. He should have stuck to his OWN church's symbols of faith. Also, the idea that a talit was presented to someone who regularly re-tweets neo-Nazi websites and twitter feeds is repugnant. So IF the feed was cut to avoid televising a totally inappropriate occurrence such as this one was, I'm glad.
Trumps daughter is orthodox. As a Jew I didn't find if offensive at all. Yes only those who have been bar mitzvah should wear it but in reform those are not hard set laws and I have seen people not even Jewish wear them before.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:12 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Sorry, but the fact that that Bishop Brown could "anoint" Trump with a talit is not only stupid, but offensive as well. The talit is an integral part of Jewish worship - it is improper for non-Jews to wear one, as it symbolizes the commandments only a Jew is obligated to fulfill. A Christian Bishop has NO business being associated with "praying over" and "fasting over" it. He should have stuck to his OWN church's symbols of faith. Also, the idea that a talit was presented to someone who regularly re-tweets neo-Nazi websites and twitter feeds is repugnant. So IF the feed was cut to avoid televising a totally inappropriate occurrence such as this one was, I'm glad.
Exactly! I don't get why the Bishop had a shawl to give.

Old 09-05-2016, 06:13 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,423,528 times
ooh, the only possible cause of this is some kind of conspiracy???

According to an article by Reuters in the Daily Mail posted about half an hour ago- it wasn't Reuters, it was CBS . They cut the feed due to scheduling by the campaign.

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 09-05-2016 at 06:35 PM..

Old 09-05-2016, 07:26 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Quote:
What's absolutely certain is that the Press Pool had ONLY one Satellite Feed that the other networks linked to. That is how they do it. The Feed today was Reuters. You can hear the "shut it down" and the camera man saying this is the big deal with the shawl - 'I don't care if they fire me".

Last words were "go black".

Did you see the CNN photo with some of the audience with their hands in the air? I guess they have never been in a Church, particularly an African American Church.

They saw hands raised in "praise the Lord" ..... and reported the crowd gave the Nazi Salute to Trump.
There people (CNN, Reuters, CBS) are SCUM, and stupid SCUM at that. Are you with them?
The pastor needs to report this to the network and make a complaint, it's his congregation after that was being insulted.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:49 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
dennisl59
In times like these I think it’s worth recalling the speech Pat Caddell made on 9/21/12.

Pat Caddell – “The Audacity of Corruption”

“When they(The Free Press) desert those ramparts and decide that they will now become active participants, that their job is not simply to tell you who you may vote for, and who you may not, but, worse—and this is the danger of the last two weeks—what truth that you may know, as an American, and what truth you are not allowed to know, they have, then, made themselves a fundamental threat to the democracy, and, in my opinion, made themselves the enemy of the American people.”

It was true then and true now. “The Truth you are not allowed to know”

posted 9/5 1104am Texas[Paging Orwell]Time

Old 09-06-2016, 05:59 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:
Reuters Intentionally Cuts Camera Feed During Positive Bishop Jackson Remarks To Trump in Detroit…

Reuters was primary video feed for the event, all other video delivery services were coming from the Reuters feed. When Reuters shut down, all other outlets lost the broadcast. I was watching it and it went black just at the moment shown in this youtube when the Bishop was blessing Mr Trump.

[url=https://youtu.be/MM7oPN2g1ig[/url]

The camera man thought they were joking and then said he was willing to lose his job rather than shut it down - I guess that's what happened because he was told "go black".

Scummy, Scummy[/i]
I've never in my entire life seen such blatant BIAS. It turns my stomach

That's how the media operate. We musn't ruin our narrative by showing Trump receiving a robe from a black pastor.

...or getting a standing ovation from the attendees. Alveda King also praised Trump's address (and criticized Hillary's same-old same-old "solutions").

Here's a montage of the lamestream media's response to all of this:

crickets

crickets

crickets

crickets

Old 09-06-2016, 06:11 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:

Lol. What a crock of baloney.

As if in a split-second, they had any idea about this...inappropriateness. What day last week do you think we were born?

Pure and simple, they didn't want to show Trump being received in a positive manner by blacks. What's also clear is that the left are always "glad" when censors promote their cause.

Proving, again, that it's the right who preserve liberties in this country. Get the hell off our lifeboat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections