Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 08:01 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,920,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Maybe this show by Clinton and Trump will make people look closely at Gary Johnson as an option.
Trumps poll numbers will jump up after last night, he is what real Americans want..
No more pay for play, no more corruptions, no more Clinton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If you watched the Military Forum last night the only conclusion you could come to is that he is a total novice. He insulted the military leadership on an aircraft carrier no less, still thinks we can take oil from Iraq and really has no plan for defeating ISIS (it's a secret). Honest to god I don't know how you can vote for him.
What you saw last night was the next president, president Trump. You also saw a lying, conniving, murderess biotch who will hopefully be in prison while Trump is making America great again...

Old 09-08-2016, 08:30 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,747,548 times
What you saw was a guy who said he will do whatever the generals tell him to do, and that's after he dissed them as being 'rubble', and a guy who will torture and kill people to get his way. I say no thanks. That is not how you make America great again. That is how you make America the most hated nation on earth, and that is NOT good for business.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:33 AM

6,131 posts, read 8,003,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
trumps bankruptcies have nothing to do with his ability to be a good president.
They reflect on his character. Which has everything to do with his ability to be a good president.

And by that I do not mean to disparage average people who file bankruptcy, but a billionaire who files strategic Chapter 11s to screw his creditors is a far cry from a family that files a 7 or 13.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What you saw was a guy who said he will do whatever the generals tell him to do, and that's after he dissed them as being 'rubble', and a guy who will torture and kill people to get his way. I say no thanks. That is not how you make America great again. That is how you make America the most hated nation on earth, and that is NOT good for business.
His assessment of the current state of this nations Generals was correct. All of the good Generals were run out of the service by corrupt obama when they didn't agree with him, and all that are left are the YES men. They need to be replaced by men who love their country and won't bow to corruption.
What we don't need leading out military are cowards. obama's cowards, yes men, losers.. Perhaps not all, but the weeding out needs to begin when President Trump takes the reins

Old 09-08-2016, 11:38 AM

13,714 posts, read 9,041,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
CNN and other outlets seem to be convinced that the public will listen to what they say as what Trump said.

In 2016 with a candidate that is so clear as Trump we don't need a translator in the form of a biased host to tell us what we need to hear.

Trump is clear and presidential!

Hillary lied even more and if she thinks we buy her cap than she is more delusional than I ever could imagine.
What I find funny about this thought is that here in CD we constantly have threads started in which a poster (not necessarily the OP) will say something like "Obama gave a speech in Laos and said Americans are lazy!"

For example, from today:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...os-speech.html

Of course, the original poster provides links to some website, like in this case Briebart's, in which some person makes the clam about Obama's speech, without actually citing any part of said speech.

In other words, the original poster, instead of reading the speech themselves, relied solely upon the interpretation of said speech by a biased website. In this one case, replying posters spent six pages railing against Obama's speech, without a clue of what he actually said. Only when I found the transcript and linked to it, did the thread end. Why? Because Obama said nothing like was being claim.

One can review the various threads started just today, and find other examples in which the posters are happily repeating what some third party said on websites like Briebart or even, God help them, The Gateway Pundit, concerning some speech or law, even though neither the third party or the posters actually read said speech or law.

Now, given that, why get upset because some people watch CNN or such, and listen to the opinion of the commentators? Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Sometimes the commentator may give an interesting view concerning some aspect of the speech or statement, some historical perspective, or perhaps some contradictory perspective.

Anyway, given the views expressed by some of the people herein, and given their past history of starting threads in which they do not cite an original source but rather relate some third parties opinion, I say: hypocrisy.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
They reflect on his character. Which has everything to do with his ability to be a good president.

And by that I do not mean to disparage average people who file bankruptcy, but a billionaire who files strategic Chapter 11s to screw his creditors is a far cry from a family that files a 7 or 13.
They reflect on his abilities as a great and successful businessman. BK's are often smart business. He is going to be a great president...

Old 09-08-2016, 11:42 AM

1,327 posts, read 725,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
His assessment of the current state of this nations Generals was correct. All of the good Generals were run out of the service by corrupt obama when they didn't agree with him, and all that are left are the YES men. They need to be replaced by men who love their country and won't bow to corruption.
What we don't need leading out military are cowards. obama's cowards, yes men, losers.. Perhaps not all, but the weeding out needs to begin when President Trump takes the reins
Bingo! obama cleared the military of general officers who would stand up to him. Very Stalin like.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:03 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,747,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Replace all generals.......

This is why we cannot allow Trump anywhere near the White House.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:10 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,301,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I don't need to translate what Trump says nor does anyone else for me and certainly not the spin zone at MSNBC or CNN.

I wonder when these channels stop talking about Trump 24/7 as they seem to struggle with the need for ratings and bashing him that is helping him.

General Douglass was just defending Hillary on the Today show by saying "she meant to say...."

Now the Hillary surrogates and Generals have to explain what she "should" have said when she shoot herself in the foot by making the no boots statement.
You have a remote? Don't watch them.

Ever wonder why bashing him helps the ratings? Lots of people agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections