Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When your guy/gal wins, how will you act on C-D?
Dig through the old threads, quote comments, and put every single losing poster on full blast 16 36.36%
Show sympathy, and encourage the losers to join your side 0 0%
Nothing new. 28 63.64%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 07:58 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Not to go off track. I don't think there ever can be a true Libertarian. You either are a leaning right or leaning left Libertarian. A Libertarian that stays true to ideals don't believe is pragmatic in politics.

Johnson does hashe a long history in politics that can lead to criticism. However, the overall picture offers very good solutions, good policies, and outside thinking in regards to leading this Country.
Also, Johnson isn't a sociopath and serial liar. Minor details, I know.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:58 AM

247 posts, read 196,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Sometimes, just for fun, I go back and read the 2012 'Romney will in a landslide posts.' Really interesting.
I see what you did there!

Old 09-14-2016, 08:23 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Also, Johnson isn't a sociopath and serial liar. Minor details, I know.
Again this might be off track again. If Johnson does not win, which not to quote movies the odds aren't in his favor. I do hope he sticks around with the Libs and keeps them in the political news and male the 2020 Lib candidates the strongest ever. With that said I hope...for 2020 what I feel be an amazing duo is this Republican politican from PA and Democratic Politician from Oregon team up. Can't recall their names at this moment.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:54 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,541 times
We are screwed regardless who wins. This election is such a joke.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:09 AM

6,750 posts, read 3,367,193 times
There needs to be more voting options.

I doubt I would comment much if Clinton wins since I've vowed to not listen to one word the old bag blows out of her arse. She doesn't care about me anyway, so why waste the energy complaining?

Next spring I take early retirement and will just enjoy life in my little slice of heaven and watch the world go by sans political nonsense. I've pretty much had my fill of that already.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:44 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I'm not voting for a "gal" or a "guy" to begin with. Should the worst happen and the "gal" is elected, it won't be long before Kaine is serving anyway so I would research his background as at this point, the only positive I know of with him is that he is pro-life. I thought maybe in her old and dying stage finally might be getting just how important each human life is choosing someone that would promote "life".

Trump is gaining everyday. Hillary is approaching the final stage of her disease, Stage 3 is what I just heard it is currently. So, I consider this a non-issue.
LOL. Stage 3 WHAT? Stage 3 allergies? Stage 3 Pneumonia? Stage 3 on her way to the White House?

You crack me up.

I'm glad you're beginning to make peace with Trump's inevitable loss.

Kaine is personally pro-life but also promotes abortion rights for women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Well, after an election season of relentless childish insults and name calling, why would you change if Hillary wins?

Of course I'm hoping Trump wins, and if he does, there's no need to rub people's noses in it. We've had 7.5 years of divisiveness and it will be good to finally pull together as fellow Americans.
Trust me, they will.

I mean, they've been gleefully gloating about Hillary being ill so . . there are no holds barred.

It's just the nature of CD.

I learned about divisiveness when Obama was elected. Those who hated him would stop at NOTHING. I've never seen anything like it.

Trust me, if Trump wins, he will get that and then some. Even his own party hates him.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:56 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,125,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Not even close, Trump is a far better candidate than hillary, She is corrupt and it will take many years to undo all of the problems caused by a clinton administration.
She will open the borders and allow people from all over the world to invade our country. She will pick a couple of supremies and the country will go far left like never before, and we may never be able to recover. It will become a one party system and only the top power mongers will have a say. America will become a third world country like Cuba. A clinton victory will be the end of America as we know it.
You know hillary is a liar and a crook, if you don't like Donald, go third party, but don't vote for a corrupt government because you don't like Donald, you will regret it, your children will regret it.
A vote for hillary is a vote to further corruption in government.

Exactly for the reasons you cite above I am glad I am 64 years old and not going into my 30's because of all of the sorrows ahead for this country if Hillary is elected....I will be thrilled if Trump is our next president and will try to sit silently by and not rub salt in the wounds of a Hillary defeat. I think in time as America is brought back to work and liberals see that change truly isn't a pipe dream they will see what all of the "despicable trumpettes" saw in this man

BTW....Libs cannot turn this around on us. We already KNOW that a Hillary victory will be more of the same. No new ideas, same corruption and the national debt even at more record heights

Old 09-14-2016, 01:58 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
We are screwed regardless who wins. This election is such a joke.
that's the talking point they want you to believe.

Old 09-14-2016, 02:05 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,125,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Trust me, they will.

I mean, they've been gleefully gloating about Hillary being ill so . . there are no holds barred.

It's just the nature of CD.

I learned about divisiveness when Obama was elected. Those who hated him would stop at NOTHING. I've never seen anything like it.

Trust me, if Trump wins, he will get that and then some. Even his own party hates him.

The reason for that is not a bad thing. Republicans in power do not want their golden parachute to go away. No one likes change. Uncertainty is uncomfortable and they KNOW things will change (not for the better for them) OF COURSE TEY DON'T WANT HIM IN POWER!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections