Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 08:25 AM

33,595 posts, read 18,233,933 times

Advertisements

I am going to a Trump rally today in Fort Myers.. the local news has people lining up early this morning. First come first to get in.. the place holds over 7000 and many in the area are going.. have to leave early.. the news said price gougers are selling tickets to get in for as much as $600 to get in on Craigs list.. sounds like many supporters in my area.. signs and bumper stickers for Trump in Lee County , none for Hillary. Saw one sign for Bernie on my travels.

Trump 2016!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 08:33 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,780,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
That's fascinating as that part of NC is typically a blue island in the middle of a lot of red. Looks as if they are all going for Trump in Western NC.
It's my observation that inside Asheville proper they will be voting for Hillary, however once you get out of the city limits its Trump country.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:15 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,595,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
You state in another thread how you can't have a conversation with Trump supporters - I wonder why?
Just for the record ~ I was responding to the poster who stated that anyone who puts out a Hillary sign is telling people 'this is where corruption lives'.

As such, I felt my 'this is where stupid lives' to be quite appropriate and in the spirit of things.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:48 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,473,043 times
Ditchlights was right on about Oregon.

During Obama's first election, there was Obama stuff everywhere.
Almost as bad for his second.

This year I have seen plenty of Bernie signs and stickers, but hardly any Hillary signs or stickers.

Outside Portland, I see plenty of Trump signs.

It's weird, It's so quiet.
I hear nobody talking about the election, and hardly anybody displaying the name of their preferred candidate on their car.

It's almost like there isn't an election going to happen in a few short weeks.

I don't think Hillary has the grasp on Oregon that she thinks she has.

I know there are a lot of Blue Dogs here, but Oregon isn't necessarily liberal, it's highly libertarian, with a huge influx of out of staters quickly changing the states political makeup.

I don't think Hillary should take Oregon for granted.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:52 PM

6,131 posts, read 8,008,864 times
It's because nobody likes either candidate and this is the most depressing election season I've ever seen. Either way we lose.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:57 PM

8,118 posts, read 12,854,205 times
I have seen some trump signs around the area. One guy down the road from me has had a home made trump sign in his yard since last year.

I've never understood why people put up yard signs in this day and age. If someone casts a vote based on a yard sign they really ought to stay away from the ballot box.

Old 09-25-2016, 06:48 PM

1,229 posts, read 861,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityBear View Post
I have yet to see a single campaign yard sign, or a bumper sticker for Trump or Clinton in town, and I do have a theory as to why. If you are a Trump supporter, you are not putting out a yard campaign sign , or a bumper sticker on your vehicle, because you do not want your property destroyed. (seen a lot of video of people's property being destroyed, because they have a Trump sign.) If you are a Clinton supporter you have not put a yard sign out, or a sticker on your vehicle, because you do not want to be identified as a Clinton supporter. ( can you find a single person who admits to have voted for Obama. I personally have never met one, or at least they will not admit it to me)
Just got back from a day-and-half drive from Martinsburg WV to Radford VA and back, entirely on Route 11 the way down...

We counted over 100 Trump/Pence signs and not more than 5 Hillary signs...

Very strange thing - we stopped at antique stores in Woodstock.....and happened to see an old store front that was being used as a Democrat campaign office. Not a single Hillary sign was posted on the glass pane front windows!! Not one!
All were state and regional candidate placards!! I was shocked....as the only Hillary signs we saw were small bumper stickers near the side of a bulletin board by the front door.

Many many of the businesses, including real estate offices, salons/day spas, and restaurants all had Trump/Pence signs flyn'

For those unfamiliar - heavy tourist area in the Blue Ridge Mtns and all Civil War influenced towns.

Old 11-08-2016, 04:40 AM

33,329 posts, read 12,634,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I haven't seen any Clinton signs either, but I live in one of the most heavily Republican counties in Texas. I've seen one Trump yard sign, and it has been up for maybe 14 days tops. That house is a few blocks away from a guy who has had a Fire Obama sign in one of his front windows since 2012. I really haven't seen that many bumper stickers (and only that one yard sign) during this cycle (say since Clinton declared in April of 2015).
Above posted September 18th, 2016 ^^^^^ Neighborhood #1

Following in chronological order:

- Days later, someone drove off the road, along the grass next to the road, and over that Trump sign (in Neighborhood #1) mounted in the grass and flattened the sign.

- Days later, the homeowner remounted that same Trump sign (in Neighborhood #1) in the same place and put boulders along the edge of the road in front of the sign to discourage drivers driving on the correct side of the road from flattening the sign again.

- September 25th, 2016 - Sunday - In a neighborhood about 10 miles south with a Houston address....call it Neighborhood #2...Large houses on large lots, the neighborhood is transitioning and some residents aren't very happy about that ----- One house = large, very well maintained house on a corner lot had 5 large Trump/Pence signs spaced evenly along the large lawn. Second house = a few blocks away, also large and on a corner lot, in a slight state of disrepair, same sized yard, also had 5 signs...although the signs were mounted closer to the street because the yard is 'busy' and has a much smaller lawn. The 5 signs for that 2nd house - the same large Trump/Pence signs (2 in number) that dotted the yard of the first house, and 3 homemade signs. The 3 homemade signs read:

VOTE NO
- Communism
- Corruption and Lies
HILLARY

- October 8th, 2016 - Saturday - The day after the Trump/Access Hollywood tape was released - I thought the Trump sign (in Neighborhood #1) had been stolen, but it turned out someone flattened it again, this time driving on the wrong side of the road to avoid the boulders.

- October 10th, 2016 - Monday - Columbus Day - In traffic at a stoplight I saw a white Prius with a big Trump sticker (not a Trump/Pence sticker) ----- Later that day I saw a small pickup with 1. A manger scene sticker, 2. A Freemasonry sticker, and 3. Two 'Proud Democrat' stickers.

- October 16th, 2016 - Sunday - 8 days after the Access Hollywood tape release - In Neighborhood #2 - The First house with the 5 Trump/Pence signs on the large lawn -- The owner had removed 4 of the 5 large Trump/Pence signs, moved the 5th sign so it was harder to see from the 'major' street that formed one border of the corner lot, and added a yard sign for a local/county race...........a few blocks away at the second house in Neighborhood #2.....That homeowner got rid of one of the two large Trump/Pence signs and ADDED two MORE (for a new total of 5) of the homemade (but almost professional quality) signs that read

VOTE NO
- Communism
- Corruption and Lies
HILLARY

- October 17th, 2016 - Monday - On another side of the Houston metro in Seabrook - In front of a vacant restaurant building - I saw a 'Trump - Save the Supreme Court' sign.

- October 24th, 2016 - Monday - Neighborhood #1 - That same Trump/Pence sign that had been flattened, then remounted in the same place with boulders on the 'correct side of the road' to protect it, only to have someone drive on the wrong side of the road and flatten the sign again...that sign = now mounted ON A TREE, 20 or so feet off the ground, directly in the air above the previous location. To get to the sign in that location would be very time consuming and would attract a lot of attention. As of late in the night on election eve - 11/7 - the sign was still there.

- November 1st, 2016 - Tuesday - Tuesday - Neighborhood #2 - First house and Second house a few blocks away = signs the same as on Sunday, October 16th. One new 'development' = a third house, a couple of blocks away from the other two and between the other two/in the middle = went from 0/zero signs to 3 Gary Johnson lawn signs...Trying to help Gary Johnson get to 5% nationally?

- November 7th, 2016 - Monday - Neighborhood #1 = sign still in same place as on October 24th......Neighborhood #2 = signs still in same places as on November 1st.

^^^^^ posted before 6 am CST on Election Day - November 8th, 2016
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections