Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2016, 08:45 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,147,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Even $0 if he gets away with it. There is no civic duty to pay more in taxes than you are legally required, and anyone on this message board would do the exact same thing in his shoes.
Only an idiot would pay more than is necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 08:55 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioToCO View Post
Don't I know it. Yes, I'm maxing out 401k/IRAs, so really, don't worry about me . I'm doing everything in my power to NOT rely on the government financially, but it doesn't mean I despise those who do.
Government wants people to save for retirement so they include tax code that allows you to reduce your taxable income today when contributing to your 401k (ie...you pay less money to the government). Looks like you're using the tax code to your advantage (to keep more money in your name, probably invested to make more money for you) while slamming Trump for doing the same thing. Which shows you to be a hypocrite.

uh hum... someone who says he's proud to pay taxes yet uses tax-deferred 401(k)s to save for his retirement "betting" that his taxable income will be lower when he retires putting him in a lower tax bracket ie... pay less taxes on that money than he would pay today upon withdrawal. If that weren't the case you would put that money in a after tax account.

Of course there are ways to withdrawal and pay zero taxes and I'll bet if you can you'll take advantage of that.

Last edited by petch751; 09-27-2016 at 09:13 PM..

Old 09-27-2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Don't I know it. Yes, I'm maxing out 401k/IRAs, so really, don't worry about me . I'm doing everything in my power to NOT rely on the government financially, but it doesn't mean I despise those who do.
Are you contributing to a Traditional IRA or Roth IRA or both?

Last edited by petch751; 09-27-2016 at 09:18 PM..

Old 09-27-2016, 09:26 PM

1,260 posts, read 2,044,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Are you contributing to a Traditional IRA or Roth IRA or both?
That's none of your business.
Are you denying the fact that I paid more to vets and defense than Donald did? I managed to pay to both after taking care of myself, while Donald couldn't.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:
That's none of your business.
Are you denying the fact that I paid more to vets and defense than Donald did? I managed to pay to both after taking care of myself, while Donald couldn't.
Why not, are you hiding something, lying or just don't know the difference. Either way...

You use the tax code to you're advantage (to keep more of your money) just like a smart person would but you're being a hypocrite when you attack someone else for using the tax code to their advantage.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:32 PM

1,327 posts, read 723,398 times
Only a fool would pay one penny more in taxes than they're legally required to. If people don't think Trump pays plenty of taxes, they are simply wrong. For all those worried about Trump, their real focus should be on the Clinton Foundation and her backers like George Soros. This tax game they're playing is for the dopey among them.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:34 PM

1,260 posts, read 2,044,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Why not, are you hiding something, lying or just don't know the difference. Either way...

You use the tax code to you're advantage (to keep more of your money) just like a smart person would but you're being a hypocrite when you attack someone else for using the tax code to their advantage.

It's ok, really. Every time Trump says "I'm going to take care of the military" I will hear "by not giving them squat, 'cause I'm so smart".

Old 09-27-2016, 09:48 PM

Quote:
It's ok, really. Every time Trump says "I'm going to take care of the military" I will hear "by not giving them squat, 'cause I'm so smart".
Yea, lets just ignore that you're using the tax code to your advantage (so you can keep more of your money) but at the same time hammering Trump for doing it.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:49 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,941,358 times
Quote:
You've proven yourself to be a hypocrite.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
You've proven yourself to be a hypocrite.
He said he contributes to his 401k/IRA's. I wonder if he even knows the difference between the traditional or Roth.

We know that he's reducing todays taxable income by contributing to his 401k (keeps more of his money to invest and grow). But he won't be more specific on the IRA (traditional or Roth) to tell us if he is reducing his taxable income further today or contributing to a Roth so he doesn't have to pay taxes on growth.

Either way, he's using the tax code to his benefit but claiming he more than happy to pay taxes. A hypocrite because he is attacking Trump for doing the same thing he's doing.

Last edited by petch751; 09-27-2016 at 09:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections