Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2016, 06:46 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,850,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I don't care if he was able to structure his income in a way as not to pay taxes. He didn't write the laws that allowed it. People in government like Hillary did. But I saw a meme yesterday saying Trump's not paying taxes makes him a burden to the middle class. Really? How many people that work for him are in the middle class because of their salaries? How many of his employees pay taxes? I assume a lot of them do. It's stupid to say that people employing thousands are a burden to the middle class.

How many of those workers are Americans, and how many jobs in America?

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 09-28-2016 at 06:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 06:48 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
It's stupid to say that people employing thousands are a burden to the middle class.
The idea that employers are doing the country and/or their employees a favor by providing work for them is silly.

If you make money off of other people's work, they are doing you the good turn.

And the nation that provides you an educated workforce, roads, airports, police force, marketplace... is doing you a good turn, not vice versa.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:52 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
THOUSANDS? You really think Trump employs THOUSANDS?

How many are Americans, and how many in America?

This article says his company employs 22,400 (appx), but with the multiplier effect, it could be as high as 34,000. And his later ventures with a higher multiplier effect could mean he has created about 67,000 jobs.

I wonder how many of those people pay taxes? And yes, many are American citizens.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/03/news...-jobs-created/

Old 09-28-2016, 06:56 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The idea that employers are doing the country and/or their employees a favor by providing work for them is silly.

If you make money off of other people's work, they are doing you the good turn.

And the nation that provides you an educated workforce, roads, airports, police force, marketplace... is doing you a good turn, not vice versa.
Sure, employees add value, but people like Trump create wealth and need employees. They in turn pay property taxes, sales taxes, and income taxes. It's a good thing, not a burden.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:00 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,702,366 times
Quote:
To do your part in paying for defense, education, roads, airports...

There's more to being a patriot than wearing a flag lapel pin.
So you're telling us you don't take advantage of ANY tax credits, like child care, business deductions, etc....?

Old 09-28-2016, 07:01 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,702,366 times
Quote:
He also stated he is audited every year.

Given that he has shown a disregard for IRS laws governing non-profit charitable foundations, (i.e. using Trump Foundation funds to buy gifts for himself, bribe an Attorney General, buy his way out of legal problems...), some people might wonder if perhaps he is not paying the taxes he legally owes, hence the annual audits.

Yet no questions about the Clinton foundation?

Old 09-28-2016, 07:01 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
This article says his company employs 22,400 (appx), but with the multiplier effect, it could be as high as 34,000. And his later ventures with a higher multiplier effect could mean he has created about 67,000 jobs.

I wonder how many of those people pay taxes? And yes, many are American citizens.

Donald Trump has created about 34,000 jobs - Sep. 3, 2015
He is a real estate developer and our tax monies have partially funded his real estate ventures. Him not paying taxes if not "smart." It is a fraud and cheat of the American public considering the fact that if he truly has the income he claims, he probably would be liable for taxes in an amount greater than 10k of his American employees. For federal taxes due to me also playing the system, I only pay about $2000 a year into the fed. Most people who work and make less than $60K pay less than that into the system. Bill and Hillary Clinton paid over $3 million in taxes in 2015. I honestly don't think that Trump made more money than they made (they made over $10 million). I'm sure they paid more in taxes than his entire workforce combined because I doubt he has many employees who make enough money to even pay $1000 in federal taxes per year.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:19 AM

1,268 posts, read 798,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
He is a real estate developer and our tax monies have partially funded his real estate ventures. Him not paying taxes if not "smart." It is a fraud and cheat of the American public considering the fact that if he truly has the income he claims, he probably would be liable for taxes in an amount greater than 10k of his American employees. For federal taxes due to me also playing the system, I only pay about $2000 a year into the fed. Most people who work and make less than $60K pay less than that into the system. Bill and Hillary Clinton paid over $3 million in taxes in 2015. I honestly don't think that Trump made more money than they made (they made over $10 million). I'm sure they paid more in taxes than his entire workforce combined because I doubt he has many employees who make enough money to even pay $1000 in federal taxes per year.
They don't understand taxes. It's obvious. One of them think they are a donation. You can't argue complexities with a person who didn't grasp the basics.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:20 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Yet no questions about the Clinton foundation?

That double standard is amazing. Gets repeated day after day at CD.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:25 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,558,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
They don't understand taxes. It's obvious. One of them think they are a donation. You can't argue complexities with a person who didn't grasp the basics.

No they didn't say taxes were a donation.

If you pay MORE to the government than LEGALLY required to, THAT is a donation.

As usual a lefty playing the "You are too dumb to talk with" shtick while the actual point goes right over their head...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections