Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 10:47 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,113,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Can you just imagine trying to get Trump ready for a debate.

It would be a nightmare.
And yet his four imbecile children would be furious at the campaign leadership for not preparing him adequately for the debate. You can bring a horse to the water . . .. . You know how that goes.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 10:51 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,800,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I can't imagine that anyone who has worked closely with him would vote for him.
Certainly no one other than his kids and Giuliani and Christi are singing his praises.

Those two mutts went on TV to say he was a "brilliant genius" for figuring out a way to avoid paying any federal taxes for several decades.

Giuliani looked unhinged himself and Christie looked like he didn't even believe what he was saying.

Where's that guy from Duck Dynasty? The one who spoke at the Republican convention. He seemed enthusiastic enough. Haul him out.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:22 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,409,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Unlike others that work for him, Conway is clearly sane.

Mick
I agree she is. And she obviously took the job because it seriously raised her profile.

Wouldn't surprise me if she can't stand him personally though.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:24 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,196,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I agree she is. And she obviously took the job because it seriously raised her profile.

Wouldn't surprise me if she can't stand him personally though.
I posted elsewhere that I bet she is rooting for a huge blow out. That way, she gets the benefit of the raised profile, but he loses by a large popular vote margin and an EC blow out, she can point the finger at him and say there was nothing she could have done to change that outcome. A close race could have been managed better but when it's a blow out, it's the candidate, not the process.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:31 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,977,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I posted elsewhere that I bet she is rooting for a huge blow out. That way, she gets the benefit of the raised profile, but he loses by a large popular vote margin and an EC blow out, she can point the finger at him and say there was nothing she could have done to change that outcome. A close race could have been managed better but when it's a blow out, it's the candidate, not the process.
Two weeks ago the race was tied. In two weeks it can be tied again. The big blow out you talk about may possible blow up. To give Conway credit, she seems to do a good job reigning him in when needed. Lets see if she can do it again the next 5 weeks.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:32 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,967,098 times
This was an easy job for Kellyanne.

At the beginning people were blaming Corey Lewandownski but many of us figure pretty quickly the problem was Trump not his campaign manager. Then came Manafort and he confirmed the problem was Trump

Conway had nothing to lose and now everybody knows who she is.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:42 AM

29,213 posts, read 22,351,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Off the record sources
I call BS on this subject. No professional campaign advisor is so stupid as to announce any indication of how they will vote. That would be professional suicide.

Everything rational says they will vote for the guy who hired them. For the professionals, this campaign is only one more campaign. If an adviser does well in the job, there's more work offered in the future, whether his current client wins or loses.

The thing to understand is these professionals don't only work on Presidential campaigns. They are available for anyone who needs their services, from a city alderman to a Senator during all the other elections.

And snagging a Presidential candidate is a matter of luck more than anything. While the 2 Presidential candidates have a handful of advisors between them, the vast majority of these pros are working for Senators, Governors, Representatives, and various State hopefuls.

Many of those races actually pay better than working for a Prez hopeful, as those funding warchests don't have to be spread so thinly. There is always less potential future damage when a professional makes a big mistake for a Representative than for a Presidential hopeful, so there are always some of the best of them who will never work for a Prez candidate at all- it's too risky to their reputation.

Conway is no novice. She's been around for quite a while, making serious money working on down-ticket Republican races, and she has specialized her advisory abilities; she's the gal who can make a real jerk look like a pleasant person. She is really good at taming a candidate who can't stop being a jerk, a pro who can identify what the public dislikes in a person, and has a way of soothing both the candidate and the voters, steering both away for a candidate's worst tendencies and most visible jerkiness.

Does she like Donald? No one knows but Conway. And she won't ever breathe a word on the subject until she leaves the profession. That's how all the best of them are.

It's the friends, hang-arounds, and others on a campaign staff who shoot their mouths off "off the record".

Old 10-07-2016, 11:59 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Certainly no one other than his kids and Giuliani and Christi are singing his praises.

Those two mutts went on TV to say he was a "brilliant genius" for figuring out a way to avoid paying any federal taxes for several decades.

Giuliani looked unhinged himself and Christie looked like he didn't even believe what he was saying.

Where's that guy from Duck Dynasty? The one who spoke at the Republican convention. He seemed enthusiastic enough. Haul him out.
Christie knows he's ******. But at this point, all he can do is hang on and hope for a miracle.

He'll be on Dancing With the Stars a year from now.

Old 10-07-2016, 02:06 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,220,647 times
This Clinton digital smear campaign is getting creepy. I just imagine a basement lab somewhere where her supporters are spending 24 hours a day spreading fake news on social media and forums, making up anonymous sources and stories.

Old 10-07-2016, 02:34 PM

1,166 posts, read 754,856 times
Didn't the same thing happen to McCain? I think it was Nicole Wallace that said she couldn't vote for him with Palin on the ticket. Not really all that surprising, you need to be smart to run or work on a Presidential campaign, way too smart to vote for the idiots that the GOP has been nominating lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections