Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Trumps own mouth deliver the knock out to his presidential campaign l?
Yes 164 65.34%
No 87 34.66%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 07:21 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,846,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Actually, it is not normal or defensible for 59 year old married men to talk and act like that.
This needs to be repeated.

Frankly, it's not normal for men of any age to speak that way. Some do. Not most. And they tend to be men (and boys) in their teens and twenties. I heard plenty of that talk in the Army. But I also served with a lot of guys who would never say such things. And I heard that sort of talk when I was in college. But again, hardly by everyone, or even by a majority of men.

And I don't hang out with anyone who speaks that way (I'm 47). No one.

Now, I'm no sexual prude. I don't believe in God, so I'm not someone who pretends to embrace some Biblical morality. My wife of 21 years and I lived together for three years before we married. Not degrading and objectifying women isn't about being prudish. It's not about being politically correct.

It's about being a decent and respectful human being.

Period.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:31 AM

3,504 posts, read 2,797,570 times
Trump no matter what please stay in the race! Don't drop out ! Your supporters love you. And so does Hillary Clinton......

Old 10-09-2016, 07:33 AM

51,671 posts, read 25,918,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

Frankly, it's not normal for men of any age to speak that way. Some do. Not most. And they tend to be men (and boys) in their teens and twenties. I heard plenty of that talk in the Army. But I also served with a lot of guys who would never say such things. And I heard that sort of talk when I was in college. But again, hardly by everyone, or even by a majority of men.

Now, I'm no sexual prude. I don't believe in God, so I'm not someone who pretends to embrace some Biblical morality. My wife of 21 years and I lived together for three years before we married. Not degrading and objectifying women isn't about being prudish. It's not about being politically correct.

Period.
Exactly.

That so many Trump supporters insist that this is perfectly acceptable boys-will-be-boys talk speaks volumes about them. Not so much about men in general.

It's not just dirty talk, it's demeaning and predatory.

Barbara Bush nailed it when she said she didn't know how any woman could vote for Trump.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 10-09-2016 at 07:53 AM..

Old 10-09-2016, 07:41 AM

29,531 posts, read 22,762,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

Period.
Exactly.

Myself and no one I know speaks of women this way. I can't speak for everyone because I realize we do live in a culture that still objectifies women as sex objects and values their worth on how not they look. But that's still no excuse.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:43 AM

29,531 posts, read 22,762,892 times
Donald Trump Doesn't Just Talk about Sexual Assault, He Does It

Looks like Trump did a lot more than 'harmless' locker room talk. I wonder what spin his supporters will now put on it.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:54 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,066,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Exactly.

That so many Trump supporters insist that this is perfectly acceptable boys-will-be-boys talk speaks volumes about them. Not so much about men in general.

It's not just dirty talk, it's demeaning and predatory.

Barbara Bush nailed it when she said she didn't know how women could vote for Trump.
What you're missing is, as a group women never were voting for Trump according to polls so it's no real loss.

As for what he said being "perfectly acceptable", it's not and I would have been personally embarrassed to have been there and heard it. Here's the thing, if I held everyone I've ever known to the standards some on here are suggesting I'd never associate with anyone, including some/many on C-D.
****NEWS FLASH****
PEOPLE SAY STUPID STUFF Especially people who've traveled in the rarified air of power/money/celebrity.

I'd bet this will humble Trump, I highly doubt he's ever,ever had what he's said/done put back in front of him for him to see/hear in such a manner, much less his family.
I'd also bet his family will/have said many,many things to him over the last couple of days. Most people don't listen to themselves or see themselves as others do until FORCED TO, and when forced to is when change happens.

Now then, if the ALLEGATIONS of Trump actually committing sexual assault are proven and not just last minute "me too" election stunts the game changes completely.
I do find it interesting that all of this has been held back until the last minute of an election that Hillary might lose...

Old 10-09-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Looks like Trump did a lot more than 'harmless' locker room talk. I wonder what spin his supporters will now put on it.
"...women coming forward, now in a slow trickle, bring to mind other similar cases of men who preyed on women: Bill Cosby and Roger Ailes. Men who were ultimately undone by a flood of accusations of assault and harassment from women across the country."

"Could this be Trump's undoing?"

I think he may already be undone.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:58 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,894,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

And it begins. Now that they feel safe to do so, we can expect a lot of women to start coming forward with their horror stories of how they were assaulted by Donald Trump. It will be like Bill Cosby all over again. Add to that the steady drip, drip, drip of more video and audio clips being released with Trump bragging about it and this is going to turn out to be the worst month of his life.

He will finally be reaping as he has sown. I truly hope his name becomes so synonymous with that of sexual predators that his businesses collapse under the weight. It would be supremely gratifying to see him left broke and burdened by a name that causes decent people to gag and closes doors in his face. It couldn't happen to a more deserving sleaze.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:00 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,800,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post

The comments, unnoticed since he became a presidential candidate until now, are the latest example of Trump's steadfast refusal to show any guilt or remorse for his marital infidelities and his seeming view that women were disposable."
Has anyone come across an example of Trump showing genuine remorse for anything? Anything at all? Because I sure haven't.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And it begins. Now that they feel safe to do so, we can expect a lot of women to start coming forward with their horror stories of how they were assaulted by Donald Trump. It will be like Bill Cosby all over again. Add to that the steady drip, drip, drip of more video and audio clips being released with Trump bragging about it and this is going to turn out to be the worst month of his life.

He will finally be reaping as he has sown. I truly hope his name becomes so synonymous with that of sexual predators that his businesses collapse under the weight. It would be supremely gratifying to see him left broke and burdened by a name that causes decent people to gag and closes doors in his face. It couldn't happen to a more deserving sleaze.
It is already happening.

Endorsements have fallen way off and reservations at his hotels and resorts are down. Who wants to be associated with the name Trump any more?

At this point, it seems that Rudy Giuliani is the only one.

Giuliani is to appear on CBS’s Face the Nation Sunday this morning, no doubt insisting Trump is not only a "brilliant genius" but a "gentleman and a scholar.

Giuliani is also replacing Kellyanne Conway on Fox News Sunday.

Trump Campaign Taps Rudy Giuliani to Replace Kellyanne Conway and Reince Priebus on Sunday Shows | Mediaite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.