Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2016, 01:52 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,826 times

Advertisements

Trump is bleeding support left and right...The closer we get to election day, the uglier the numbers will likely get for him. The country can only begin to heal, from this hatred filled campaign Trump has been running, when he loses in a landslide. His unbridled hate and ignorance needs to be roundly rejected and I suspect that is exactly what will happen.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:00 PM

2,126 posts, read 1,791,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post

To be fair that poll will likely swing back towards Trump soon. Just like Rasmussen and Gravis will show better numbers for Trump. However, he was down by 4-5 even before the tape dropped. That's a pretty big margin to overcome in 3 weeks.
Normally I would agree but in terms of the LA Times poll, there was a 2.4 point swing between yesterday and today and this today's result should only include about 3 to 3.5 days worth of post tape opinions. I think this may have been one of the bigger swings day to day in that poll so it may be a sign of a huge swing since last Friday. I realize that we have to wait a few more days to really see the full effect but for such a steady poll a huge swing is very fascinating.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:16 PM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Trump is bleeding support left and right...The closer we get to election day, the uglier the numbers will likely get for him. The country can only begin to heal, from this hatred filled campaign Trump has been running, when he loses in a landslide. His unbridled hate and ignorance needs to be roundly rejected and I suspect that is exactly what will happen.
Alas, all those who are cheering his venomous, hateful lies will still be with us.

Look at the stuff posted on the forum. Do you think these folks are suddenly going to see the light and start putting up posts that are "factually accurate," and logical?

Or do you think they will continue posting their nonsense.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 10-12-2016 at 03:07 PM..

Old 10-12-2016, 02:20 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
Normally I would agree but in terms of the LA Times poll, there was a 2.4 point swing between yesterday and today and this today's result should only include about 3 to 3.5 days worth of post tape opinions. I think this may have been one of the bigger swings day to day in that poll so it may be a sign of a huge swing since last Friday. I realize that we have to wait a few more days to really see the full effect but for such a steady poll a huge swing is very fascinating.
Well read the article that was posted to give some clarity on the reasons the poll is so Trump friendly.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:20 PM

32,095 posts, read 34,702,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Alas, all those who are cheering his venomous, hateful lies will still be with us.

Look at the stuff posted on the forum. Do you think these folks are suddenly going to see the light and start putting up posts that are "factually accurate," and logical?

Or do you think they will continue posting their hateful nonsense.
The won't stop. But they will be a smaller and smaller part of the electorate going forward. Until they reach the point of complete irrelevance.

They only way to stop America's launch towards liberalism is to (a) stop America's demographic change dead in its tracks (i.e., The Wall); (b) stop younger Americans from moving to large metropolitan areas, particularly urban cores; and (c) stop people from becoming more educated.

Why Are Highly Educated Americans Getting More Liberal? : NPR

Doubt any of those three is going to happen.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:26 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Nevada Oct 10-11 PPP Masto +4
also from PPP Twitter feed: "48% of Trump voters in Nevada say they're less likely to vote for Heck because of his unendorsement of Trump"

Last edited by 2sleepy; 10-12-2016 at 02:41 PM..

Old 10-12-2016, 02:46 PM

Let's not get too comfortable with these polls, Dems. Nothing less than pure and complete annihilation of Trump and all he represents is acceptable. Make some calls, knock on some doors, donate! And vote!

Early voting has already started in Ohio. Let's start banking these votes now. We will give them no quarter. No surrender.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 10-12-2016 at 03:06 PM..

Old 10-12-2016, 03:07 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Let's not get too comfortable with these polls, Dems. Nothing less than pure and complete annihilation of Trump and all he represents is acceptable. Make some calls, knock on some doors, donate! And vote!

Early voting has already started in Ohio. Let's start banking these votes now. We will give them no quarter. No surrender.

I made a donation to my Democratic Senator's race today. He's running against Rubio.

Old 10-12-2016, 03:21 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,450,308 times
LA Times Poll distortion:

The USC Dornslife/LA Times poll isn't a poll, and is distorting the face of the election

Old 10-12-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
I said that about this poll a long time ago. Nobody bothered to read their methodology. They have a fixed universe of 3,000 voters and take a random sample of 400 from that fixed pool of 3,000 voters. That means they end up polling the same person again and again and again.

There is some use in that. It can show an actual shift in voter preferences, which it clearly did. But it's not that representative of the voting public due to its small sample size. You get one Black voter who supports Trump, as it did here, and the whole model gets thrown off. That sort of thing typically works itself out because you would poll many other Black voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections