Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 09:40 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I was unaware that polls determined if a candidate dropped out or not.
Well..they're a factor..for sure...but it's moot, I think..Trump won't be dropping out...he's probably going down in a blaze of tweets--to resurface as a Media mogul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 09:47 PM

2,662 posts, read 1,378,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
To me:

If he wins = GREAT!

If she wins = "after a short time it'll make no difference because we are going to be dead as a nation with widespread famine and poverty while illegals will be the ones with everything and terrorists and their laws also rule under the NWO umbrella. I'll die so my pain will be short lived."
A little partisan, aren't we?

Old 10-08-2016, 09:59 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Hillary does NOT have election in hand even IF Trump drops out and the Repubs pick another candidate.
They can't pick another candidate. Research it yourself. Ballots have been printed and the election is a month away, some people have already voted and most states have laws that would require another convention to change the nominee, and they still couldn't change pledged delegates without having another primary.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:55 AM

Default Trump fights back...

...twitterstorm to follow....

Trump Lashes Out On Republicans Withdrawing Campaign Support: 'Self-Righteous Hypocrites' | The Daily Caller

Old 10-09-2016, 10:58 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
A little partisan, aren't we?
No not really as they are both polar opposites in the direction they want to point our country in.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:00 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Ummm I guess this "ends Trump's run" for Pope.
My wife said Thank God Trump aint Catholic. We already got Giuliani and Gingritch and those priests pedophiles. We dont need an other perv.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:07 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yep, Donnie is toast. I very much hope he doesn't drop out, because I want Hillary to kick his azz into the 1960s when his disgusting and sexist behavior was still tolerated. But the race is now effectively over. Up to 2 dozen Republican leaders disendorsing him and calling for him to drop out. I'm sure there will be dozens more on Monday after the debate.

I am also enjoying the desperate posts of the Trump supporters, pretending this was not the game changer it was, and futilely starting thread after thread to attack Hillary, as if anyone is paying the slightest attention to any of those bogus claims - they barely were before but now Trump has his fondest thing, 100% of media attention. Except of course, all of it is negative.

Yep, we are all enjoying watching them pretend that Trump isn't in trouble ! Did you see the face on Donald Trump during that " apology" speech ? It was WONDERFUL to see him look that disturbed. (well, he is ALWAYS DISTURBED, but you know what I mean.)

Tonight is gonna be like the Thrilla in Manila all over again, with Hillary kicking more Trump butt. This just keeps getting better every day.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:09 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
They can't pick another candidate. Research it yourself. Ballots have been printed and the election is a month away, some people have already voted and most states have laws that would require another convention to change the nominee, and they still couldn't change pledged delegates without having another primary.
I don't know the details but; IF a candidate gets taken out, Hillary OR Trump, I'm sure another person will be picked, maybe Kaine or Pence? I don't think the parties are that stupid to not have that base covered.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I don't know the details but; IF a candidate gets taken out, Hillary OR Trump, I'm sure another person will be picked, maybe Kaine or Pence? I don't think the parties are that stupid to not have that base covered.
Usually, at lower levels..when the un-forseen happens...they hold the election anyway, let the chips fall--if candidate dead--pick successor after election.

This is how indicted candidates, dead candidates, etc. have 'won' elections in the past.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:16 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,988,699 times
Not quite the October Surprise the Trumpies were hoping for, was it?

Not to worry, they are already posting all over the forum about why it doesn't matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections