Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 11:50 AM

3,770 posts, read 6,748,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Faulty logic. Most Clinton supporters have lives and jobs, so cannot really be bothered going to a pep rally, but I assure you they vote. Any who hadn't planned to will be inspired to do so by Trump's piggery.
Exactly my point. Trump supporters took time off of school and work to spend the day at a rally. Same with Sanders supporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2016, 11:52 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,601,919 times
Any new polls ?

Old 10-10-2016, 11:53 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,352,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Any new polls ?
Yes. Clinton now has a double-digit lead in the latest NBC poll:

Poll: After Trump Tape Revelation, Clinton's Lead Up to Double Digits - NBC News

Old 10-10-2016, 12:29 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
People just aren't smart enough to keep digging. They hear what is thrown at them on the surface, and fall in line without any further thought. I started on the Trump train when this whole fiasco began, but have not stopped listening and digging and researching.

Both candidates are untrustworthy, potentially dangerous, and have major flaws. And many voters are voting against the other and not for the candidate they are standing behind, the typical lesser of two evils thought process.

It's a sad election cycle. It was pathetic watching the GOP through this whole thing being so idiotic and inept to have it get to this. It was a foregone conclusion Hillary would be at this stage, but the republicans had a ton of useless choices.

Right now, if anyone is really watching and listening to Trump, I find it hard to swallow that they would be 100% behind him sitting in the oval office. That isn't ajoke, and it's the most powerful political office in the world even with all of the global laughter be pointed in this direction.
I am. My main sticking point on Trump is I can't trust him on trade and immigrant policy. How can we trust a guy who used contractors who hired illegal immigrants, used Chinese steel over Pittsburgh steel, hired H1-b visa workers because "Americans didn't want to work at those wages" and used foreign factories for his Macy's clothing line. And don't give me the "Well he played the game but now he's serious" he because I don't buy it.

Old 10-10-2016, 12:59 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,895,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Rumors have been flying for awhile now, that California is liking Trump and could be the biggest WOW factor on election night.... The LA Times polling has had Trump ahead for many weeks now. I don't know what that means, but it is surprising.
Wouldn't be the first time California surprises the country. California voters passed Prop 8, which banned gay marriage.

Old 10-10-2016, 01:04 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,763,257 times
Hey if you want to vote for Hillary who thinks this of Blacks and Muslims wow. In the email from February of this year Hillary states that:

“The main reason behind successful immigration should be painfully obvious to even the most dimwitted of observers: Some groups of people are almost always highly successful given only half a chance (Jews*, Hindus/Sikhs and Chinese people, for example), while others (Muslims, blacks** and Roma***, for instance) fare badly almost irrespective of circumstances.”

The biggest group of humanity can be found somewhere between those two extremes – the perennial overachievers and the professional never-do-wells.

Yes, you read that right; Hillary believes that black people are “professional never-do-wells” incapable of success irrespective of the opportunities they’re given.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/1637

Old 10-10-2016, 01:08 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,226,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Rumors have been flying for awhile now, that California is liking Trump and could be the biggest WOW factor on election night.... The LA Times polling has had Trump ahead for many weeks now. I don't know what that means, but it is surprising.
Maximum Delusion Achieved

Old 10-10-2016, 01:10 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,123,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Exactly my point. Trump supporters took time off of school and work to spend the day at a rally. Same with Sanders supporters.
Or maybe they didn't have to . . . .

I agree about Trump's and Sander's rally attendance as compared to Hillary's puny attendance.

Yet she got 3.5 million more votes than Sanders and 2.5 million more than Trump in the primaries.

Go figure. Maybe, just maybe, there is no correlation.

Mick

Old 10-10-2016, 01:13 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,123,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
American voters should be outraged with the pathetic choices presented by the two major parties. We are left with choosing between a skunk with black stripes on a white background or a skunk with white stripes on a black background. I realize most of us are sick and tired of being played, but no matter which one we vote for the average American will lose.
Well, there were robust primary process and the two skunks emerged as winners. You can't draft a political candidate in this country, you pick from what's offered.

Mick

Old 10-10-2016, 01:25 PM

30,078 posts, read 18,689,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
That's certainly a possibility. The media is clearly in love with Hillary and spends all their time attacking Trump and ignoring her faults and crimes, but the people don't seem enthralled with her. Even in the liberal Seattle area I see more Trump yard signs than Hillary, there used to be far more Sanders signs before Hillary and the DNC cheated him out of the nomination.

I agree. If the dems turn out in "Obama numbers", Trump will lose for sure. If there is a very poor turnout for dem voters, then Trump may have a chance.

I really do not see how anyone can predict the elections, particularly in a close race. There may be more Hillary email "bombshells" that reveal more and more of her true persona (which people hate). There may be, on the other hand, some 20 year old tape recording of Trump saying something terrible about women.

Given the media bias, any negatives about Trump will be reported and expanded 10X any negative information about Hillary. That is certainly not in Trump's favor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections