Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 09:11 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,763,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
This is nowhere near the truth.
Re-read it and really "think" about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Liberal society is ruled by the ideology of non-discrimination.

Of course this ideology is not imposed equally on everyone, but mainly on whites, men, Christians, heterosexuals, wealth producers, and so on... the “privileged” groups who "according to liberal ideology" are the only source of hate and discrimination
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 09:15 PM

The liberal agenda is based on intolerance of anyone who disagrees with them through a well-coordinated, well-financed, intensive effort influence through the use of name calling, demonization and the spreading of misinformation

Old 10-11-2016, 09:17 PM

If anyone exercises their Constitutional right of free speech and disagrees with the liberal agenda, they are met with intolerant hatred, shouted down and called names. Their justification of these actions is that a view different than theirs is 'intolerant' and should therefore be repressed.

What they call "tolerance" is really persecution of anyone who disagrees with them.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:20 PM

1,229 posts, read 860,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I hate to tell you but 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012 weren't that much better. Seriously.

Mick
Out of all your posts this may be the ONE TIME I agree with you.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
These candidates are not both going negative. Trump goes negative, and has gone negative since the beginning of the campaign. His entire platform is built on anger, negativity, authoritarianism and conspiracy theories. When he loses, it will be the fault of the MSM or it was rigged.

"...Trump, trailing badly in the polls, is going negative by cheering on a massive hack that the Clinton campaign says comes courtesy of a group with ties to Russia; Clinton is attempting to portray herself as the candidate with a positive vision for working Americans...

Clinton, for her part, spoke in detail about efforts to fight climate change, highlighting Philadelphia’s “green roofs, porous pavement, and some curbside gardens to help absorb storm water.â€

But for his part, Trump appeared to be more interested in waging a war against his own party than focusing on the weaknesses of the Democratic nominee..."

Clinton, Trump settle into parallel paths - POLITICO
Because people are angry. You can't keep taking and taking from people without expecting them to become angry.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:31 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,950,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffer6583 View Post
No it was Rush and people like him. All the so called "experts" who write books about this stuff. Spout their opinions on radio, TV and the web.
Actually, these are the people who have watched the Clintons and progressives advance America to where it is at today. What has Rush said that isn't true? I haven't always listened to him, but in the last 2 years I have listened to him every now and then and I don't see him lying......

Same with Michael Savage who at one time was a college liberal. I don't agree with all that they say, like Savage's attitude toward pot, but with him living in San Francisco I know where he is coming from. It was beautiful until liberals invaded the city, now the place is a sanctuary city for illegals, not the beautiful, rich city it once was. At 17 I use to go there and could walk freely around with no worries, not so much today.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:33 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,279,369 times
Here is an example of a candidate attempting to address issues and talk policy, and why it becomes difficult to avoid the mud.

As Trump gets 'unshackled,' Clinton's campaign sweats turnout - CNNPolitics.com

Old 10-11-2016, 09:41 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,917,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The liberal agenda is based on intolerance of anyone who disagrees with them through a well-coordinated, well-financed, intensive effort influence through the use of name calling, demonization and the spreading of misinformation
You can swap "liberal" out for conservative or Tea Party and make a 100% accurate statement...
Or you could if you had any fair-minded point of view...

Demonizing "the other" is so much a part of Trump's campaign and the alt-right's message...
That mind-set is what allowed slavery to persist in this country for over 200 years, allows women still to be viewed/treated as chattel in some circles, prevents equal treatment for LBGT and other minorities...
It is about exclusion, segregation, barriers, and limited freedom of thought and action...

Old 10-11-2016, 09:48 PM

14,786 posts, read 8,126,158 times

I always vote my conscience....I don't really believe in voting straight party tickets - I want the individual who will do the best job. All this "hate" going on (From both sides, but it seems much stronger from the Trumpeters.) is ridiculous. In the end, we aren't all Democrats or Republicans - we are all Americans.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:51 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,714,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
First of all, the candidates are near 70. Both of them were raised in an era where people were more civil and polite to each other.

Am I the only one who hates all the negativity? I just feel drained looking at the headlines.

They are both acting childish and not like the leaders they want to propose to be.

Both of them should be ashamed of themselves. No one is perfect, however, enough is enough.

You both have a little over 3 weeks to talk about what you will DO when you are in office.
stay the course and don't believe the talk, Trump is the best candidate we have had in a long time, he's not a bought and paid for stooge, you won't get another one of those in your lifetime, this is your one shot not to buy into the money machine that's trying to convince you otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections