Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is trump a sexual predator?
Yes 94 46.31%
Maybe 17 8.37%
No 92 45.32%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 09:41 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,453,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So I guess you believe Bill Cosby is innocent too I was violated by a cop in my early 20's. I said nothing because who would believe me....he was a cop and I was a no body. But if this guy was running for office I would like to think I had the courage to come forward and tell my story. And this is why these women are coming out now against Trump
I would like to think you would come forward as well and I would hope you would do that as soon as the cop threw his hat in the ring for election.

You would, wouldn't you?

Or are you saying you would wait and let approximately half the country end up with a candidate for office that was guilty of sexual assault just so you could make an announcement at the eleventh hour that threw the election to your chosen candidate? Because if so, that is really messed up.

Old 10-22-2016, 09:42 PM

5,878 posts, read 4,192,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You think its "possible" that all of these women were planning on keeping it a secret, and not try to cash in on Trumps wealth, in order to get a payout?
Possibly. Some of the claims are relatively minor, such as Trump kissing them. There is a well-known phenomenon in these sorts of situations where victims will come forward once other victims have come forward. Look at the Penn State case, for example. Several new accusers came forward very late in the investigation, a couple even right before the trial, who had been victimized decades prior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you think they only came forward now, because they want Clinton to be President, and not earlier, where they could have received payouts in the millions of dollars to be kept quiet?

yeah.. right..
I'm not claiming I know why they are coming forward. I'm simply pointing out that it is possible that they are motivated out of hatred for Trump. After all, if their stories are correct, they probably do hate Trump and would have great incentive to prevent him from becoming President.

4,962 posts, read 2,244,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
What does any of that have to do with my post?
Because there is no evidence that Trump sexually harassed anyone... period.

But you're a Clinton supporter, so everything bad about Trump, despite evidence to the contrary, must be believed. Everything bad about Clinton, despite supporting evidence, must be denied.

Quote:
I don't think it would need to be a coincidence in order to be true. It's possible that the women were planning on keeping the assault a secret, but hearing his taped comments about groping women, combined with the prospect of him being President, provided incentive for them to come forward.

Again, I'm not saying he's guilty or innocent, but the fact that this is politically convenient doesn't imply the accusations are false.
It certainly makes them highly suspect.

Old 10-22-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I would like to think you would come forward as well and I would hope you would do that as soon as the cop threw his hat in the ring for election.

You would, wouldn't you?
Why not wait until October when it would do the most damage? Or, perhaps these women weren't planning on coming forward until they heard the tape.

Quote:
Or are you saying you would wait and let approximately half the country end up with a candidate for office that was guilty of sexual assault just so you could make an announcement at the eleventh hour that threw the election to your chosen candidate? Because if so, that is really messed up.
I think you're oversimplifying things. These women may not have intended to come forward until they heard the tape. Or, they may not have intended to come forward until they learned there were a lot of other women in their situation.

Old 10-22-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Why not wait until October when it would do the most damage? Or, perhaps these women weren't planning on coming forward until they heard the tape.

I think you're oversimplifying things. These women may not have intended to come forward until they heard the tape. Or, they may not have intended to come forward until they learned there were a lot of other women in their situation.

I wasn't talking to you. I was asking Natalie a question.

Old 10-22-2016, 09:45 PM

16,644 posts, read 8,649,068 times
Quote:
I have no idea if Donald Trump is guilty of anything that is alleged, and I'm skeptical that anyone here has any actual knowledge, either. So how is it that so many people here seem to know with certainty that Trump is innocent regarding all of the accusations? At a minimum, wouldn't a position of uncertainty be required?

If you don't know X, you shouldn't assert X. If you don't know Trump is innocent, then you should assert "Trump is innocent." The corollary is also true: if you don't know Trump is guilty, you shouldn't assert that he is.
Do we know for sure if he is guilty or innocent of groping women?
Of course not.
However this guy is a billionaire and has been famous for writing books, owning some of the top resorts, and even on TV for decades. So to think women who felt they were "sexually assaulted" remained silent for decades without coming after him for money is a stretch.
But then, all of a sudden (not at the beginning or even middle of the campaign) a bunch of them come out of the woodwork last minute to accuse him just before the end of the campaign.
It is too much of an October surprise to believe.

Then combine that with evidence this was being held in abeyance to use at a specific time, then the scheduled date for release was moved up.
Supposedly because some thought it would cause more damage to his campaign. That alone tells you something was very fishy. Then you see Gloria Aldred once again parading out another supposed victim of evil Republicans (what is it the 7th time she has done it). The last time I think was against Meg Whitman for a CA Senate race.
Additionally we know that the DNC plotted with Hillary & Co and actually undermined her rival Bernie Sanders. DWS then resigns and is immediately hired (again) by Hillary is very telling.

Lastly, it has come out recently that the DNC (which everyone knows is now an extension of the Hillary campaign) has been hiring operatives to cause havoc and even riots, then blaming Bernie supporters, and Trump himself for inciting violence.
So it is not too hard to imagine that they also had these women, many of whom are likely Hillary voters, come out to try and destroy his chances of beating Hillary. It all fits a pattern and stinks to high heaven.

On a personal note, I find it both amusing and sad that stuff like this goes on in what is suppose to be a beacon of the democratic process for the rest of the world. This type of salacious and violent stuff is expected in dictatorships and banana republics, not in America.
Yet you have one of the two major parties in the United States being exposed for all these despicable things. Every Democrat should be ashamed of what has been perpetrated in their party's name, and demand a major housecleaning.
If Hillary somehow gets enough people to vote for her despite the litany of lies and corruption and becomes president, it will be a permanent stain on our constitutional republic and rule of law.
Those voting for her will bear that shame.

`

Old 10-22-2016, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Because there is no evidence that Trump sexually harassed anyone... period.

But you're a Clinton supporter, so everything bad about Trump, despite evidence to the contrary, must be believed. Everything bad about Clinton, despite supporting evidence, must be denied.
When did I say everything bad about Trump should be believed? When did I say these accusations should be believed?

When did I say everything bad about Clinton should be denied?

Old 10-22-2016, 09:49 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,707,777 times
In this country we are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a trial by a jury of our peers. That's how this stuff works. Someone can't just come forward and say "He did it!!!". Those allegations must be proven by factual evidence.

WHEN WAS TRUMPS TRIAL??????

Old 10-22-2016, 09:52 PM

Quote:
I wasn't talking to you. I was asking Natalie a question.
I know. That doesn't mean I can't respond. Stop dodging valid points out of pettiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Do we know for sure if he is guilty or innocent of groping women?
Of course not.

`
Then it seems we don't have sufficient justification to assert "Trump is innocent."

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
In this country we are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a trial by a jury of our peers. That's how this stuff works. Someone can't just come forward and say "He did it!!!". Those allegations must be proven by factual evidence.

WHEN WAS TRUMPS TRIAL??????
The fact that our judicial system requires the prosecution to prove guilt doesn't imply that ordinary folks have to believe a public figure is innocent of allegations until a court trial is held. The two are totally unrelated.

Btw, "innocent until proven guilty" isn't exactly accurate even in court. All that means is that the prosecution has to prove guilt. The court doesn't actually hold any position about guilt or innocent until the trial is held.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections