Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is trump a sexual predator?
Yes 94 46.31%
Maybe 17 8.37%
No 92 45.32%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 08:28 PM

4,967 posts, read 2,265,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
I have no idea if Donald Trump is guilty of anything that is alleged, and I'm skeptical that anyone here has any actual knowledge, either. So how is it that so many people here seem to know with certainty that Trump is innocent regarding all of the accusations? At a minimum, wouldn't a position of uncertainty be required?

If you don't know X, you shouldn't assert X. If you don't know Trump is innocent, then you should assert "Trump is innocent." The corollary is also true: if you don't know Trump is guilty, you shouldn't assert that he is.
I don't know if he is innocent or not, but one is innocent until proven guilt. Thus far, there is no evidence that Trump did any of the things he was accused of. If evidence is provided, I hope he burns. But so far the evidence points to a political hit job.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:28 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,484,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
And?

That is not criminal and there was no admission of guilt.

Donald Trump's words from the first presidential debate when the issue of him being sued for racial discrimination came up:

Can you prove that Bill Clinton committed ANY crime?

What Trump admitted to is sexual assault...

Trust me, no one gives up almost a million dollars if they are innocent.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:33 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,977,899 times
Quote:
I have no idea if Donald Trump is guilty of anything that is alleged, and I'm skeptical that anyone here has any actual knowledge, either. So how is it that so many people here seem to know with certainty that Trump is innocent regarding all of the accusations? At a minimum, wouldn't a position of uncertainty be required?

If you don't know X, you shouldn't assert X. If you don't know Trump is innocent, then you should assert "Trump is innocent." The corollary is also true: if you don't know Trump is guilty, you shouldn't assert that he is.
i dont know if trump is innocent or guilty of the charges. all we are hearing is one side of the argument, and they seem rather suspicious in nature, especially the timing of these complaints. you cant tell me the republicans during the primary season didnt have these complaints, and you cant tell me that the clinton campaign just recently got them as well. these were released at a time when they would do the most damage to trump, and take the focus off of clinton and her criminal activities.

and then there is the complaints against bill clinton of a similar nature, and it was hillary that went after these women with a vengeance.

so lets say the complaints against trump are true, what we have here is the democrats showing their hypocrisy on the issue. with clinton it was no big deal, with trump it is "we need to eliminate this guy here and now because he is a horrible guy". the difference is that trump is a republican.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:33 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,673,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Trust me, no one gives up almost a million dollars if they are innocent.
What?

Rich people settle suits all the time, as it is cheaper than going to court.

Donald Trump was sued by the United States for racial discrimination and, in his words:

Quote:
We settled the suit
Does that mean Donald Trump is guilty of racial discrimination?

Old 10-22-2016, 08:36 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,484,131 times
Quote:
If you don't know whether he is innocent or guilty, then you should assert he is guilty. A basic conversational norm is that assertion is a claim to knowledge.
Oh, BS lol. In the USA you are innocent until proven guilty.

Even if he is guilty, then we are left with choosing the lesser of two evils. Nothing could be as guilty as the Clintons...........ever.

6,065 posts, read 4,274,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I don't know if he is innocent or not, but one is innocent until proven guilt. Thus far, there is no evidence that Trump did any of the things he was accused of. If evidence is provided, I hope he burns. But so far the evidence points to a political hit job.
"Innocent until proven guilty" is a judicial concept that means the burden of proof is on the prosecution. That doesn't imply that ordinary folks should claim they know a person is innocent if there is no evidence either way.

20,329 posts, read 37,365,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
You said innocent until proven guilty. You appear to be backpedaling because it doesn't support your point of view anymore. The FBI Director is not a judge.
Lest say that a worker in the DOD has a personal an unsecured server at home where classified information is present, and the FBI conducts an investigation. What do you think will happen to that person?

Old 10-22-2016, 08:38 PM

12,547 posts, read 10,000,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post

Donald Trump was sued by the United States for racial discrimination and, in his words:

Does that mean Donald Trump is guilty of racial discrimination?
Didn't Hillary bring that up in the debate? I guess she thought he was guilty enough to be convicted in the court of public opinion? But at the same time, she's also guilty of quite a few things in the court of public opinion.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:39 PM

6,065 posts, read 4,274,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Lest say that a worker in the DOD has a personal an unsecured server at home where classified information is present, and the FBI conducts an investigation. What do you think will happen to that person?
What does that have to do with the quoted post or this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Oh, BS lol. In the USA you are innocent until proven guilty.

Even if he is guilty, then we are left with choosing the lesser of two evils. Nothing could be as guilty as the Clintons...........ever.
"Innocent until proven guilty" is a legal concept that means the burden of proof is on the prosecution. It has nothing to do with how regular people should assess situations, and it certainly doesn't imply that we should make the positive claim that we know someone is innocent simply because there is no evidence.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:41 PM

12,547 posts, read 10,000,665 times
Quote:
What does that have to do with the quoted post or this thread?

"Innocent until proven guilty" is a legal concept that means the burden of proof is on the prosecution. It has nothing to do with how regular people should assess situations, and it certainly doesn't imply that we should make the positive claim that we know someone is innocent simply because there is no evidence.
So you're not ok with people defending Hillary/Bill with the "she/he was never convicted of a crime" line of reasoning?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections