Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2016, 12:25 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,707,654 times

Advertisements

Do the trumps actually have any idea whatsoever wht the situation is like for 'average people'? Do they care at all? I think not.

"G-III, the business that designs and distributes Ivanka’s clothing line, does not offer paid maternity leave to employees. Several workers spoke to the Post (on the condition of anonymity for fear of losing their jobs), including one who said she used up all of her vacation days and savings to take time off when she had her baby last year. However, a spokesperson for Ivanka’s business told the Post that the company offers eight weeks of paid leave to new mothers."

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/former-...162007946.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 12:49 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,093,207 times
So if I run a business, and someone decides to have a child....I am expected to pay for them to be off at least 3 mo, doing no work, but getting paid? Sounds like if people want that benefit, they should go to an employer that offers that benefit....

Old 10-13-2016, 12:57 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,108,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Do the trumps actually have any idea whatsoever wht the situation is like for 'average people'? Do they care at all? I think not.

"G-III, the business that designs and distributes Ivanka’s clothing line, does not offer paid maternity leave to employees. Several workers spoke to the Post (on the condition of anonymity for fear of losing their jobs), including one who said she used up all of her vacation days and savings to take time off when she had her baby last year. However, a spokesperson for Ivanka’s business told the Post that the company offers eight weeks of paid leave to new mothers."

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/former-...162007946.html

It would seem from the article that the women got paid maternity leave.

Trump talked about changing the laws, I guess that isn't enough for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections