Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 04:34 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,704,457 times

Advertisements

I can't see a Republican winning until they change their platform. Pro life but support abortion. Against the death penalty. For defending and standing by the Constitution. Decrease of Federal Goverment power give more to the States, restore balance. Focued on healthcare, criminal justice, and social issue reforms. For marriage should be between a man and woman, but feel it shouldn't be the Governments job to say who you can or can't marry. Neutrality in regards to making laws for or against individuals, genders, class, race, sexuality, and so forth. For legalization of marijuana. Changing their stance on environmental issues. Doing away with corruption and stopping kickbacks from Lobyist and change Election funding. Tax reform. Taking ideas or reaching for candidates from the Republican Liberty Caucus.

Agree or disagree?

Last edited by RunD1987; 10-18-2016 at 04:44 PM..

Old 10-18-2016, 04:42 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,567,369 times
Republicans have almost impossible chance of winning the WH, but for these reasons:

1. No Voter ID Law. Milllions of illegals and dead Americans that tend to vote Democrat
2. Mass legal immigration which overwhelmingly vote Democrat.

For Republicans to be competitive there has to be a constant drain from the Democrat side to the Republican side. Democrats are getting fresh naturalized citizens by the thousands, and Republicans have the more difficult job of convincing Democrats to their side. Fresh immigrants vote Democrat because; "my people vote Democrat, and so will I."

I am a legal immigrant myself.

I feel what is happening in Europe, coupled with the deep Islamophilia of Democrats in which they blame the victims (Americans) rather than the perpetrators (their allies; Islamists), will help Republicans take the WH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6ku8cpUqEg

Old 10-18-2016, 04:48 PM

I am for less red tape and regulation to lessen the flow of undocumented workers and replace with documented workers. That way they can pay taxes. I feel the Government should offer amnesty to those already here: Have a choice apply for nationalization and get vetted. Those who choose not to or don't pass background checks deport. The Goverment should only offer services to documented workers and impose taxes on businesses that employ undocumented workers. Agree with voting ID, but a State ID should suffice. However, State ID should only be allowed to nationalized citizens, born citizens, and documented immigrants.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:54 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,259,463 times
Their biggest problem is the coming demographic time bomb.
Alienation of a future majority is not a recipe for long term success.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Their biggest problem is the coming demographic time bomb.
Alienation of a future majority is not a recipe for long term success.
Agree feel the Liberty Freedom Caucus with minor tweaks will eventually become the future of the Republican Party. That or a schism in the Party.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:59 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujitsu Gold View Post
They need to create a new party, they've been hijacked by the White Nationalists.
Care to flesh that out? Details?

Old 10-18-2016, 05:01 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Republicans have almost impossible chance of winning the WH, but for these reasons:

1. No Voter ID Law. Milllions of illegals and dead Americans that tend to vote Democrat
2. Mass legal immigration which overwhelmingly vote Democrat.

For Republicans to be competitive there has to be a constant drain from the Democrat side to the Republican side. Democrats are getting fresh naturalized citizens by the thousands, and Republicans have the more difficult job of convincing Democrats to their side. Fresh immigrants vote Democrat because; "my people vote Democrat, and so will I."

I am a legal immigrant myself.

I feel what is happening in Europe, coupled with the deep Islamophilia of Democrats in which they blame the victims (Americans) rather than the perpetrators (their allies; Islamists), will help Republicans take the WH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6ku8cpUqEg
You said it brother. And 3. mass illegal migration plus birthright citizenship.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:17 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,567,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujitsu Gold View Post
Are you another one pretending that there is not a large White Supremacist base? Even though David Duke and other White Supremacists are openly supporting Trump
Black Supremacist groups openly supported Obama.

Each party has fringe elements.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:32 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,952,048 times
I don't get the people who are so concerned about making sure the candidate with (R) next to their name gets elected that they are willing to jettison principles and become Democrat-lites.

The Republican Party has never done anything for me that makes me willing to sacrifice my values and principles for them to win. They can never win again for all I care if they trot out Paul Ryan's and Lindsay Grahams.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:41 PM

I can't vote for either Party right now. There are a few entrenched in each Party that has candidates I like. Most are in the Democratic Freedom Caucus, few Blue Dogs, few Green Republicans, some Independents, and some from the Liberty Freedom Caucus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections