Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 02:17 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,240,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Public, private....do you have the ability to understand the difference?

ANd BTW, why is hillary not in that list?
Exactly!!

Hillary was NOT working for anyone but herself when she gave the speeches, that makes her private.

Do you get it now?

The list was made in 2012 when Hillary had not yet been giving speeches.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 02:32 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
Again, I never said D/F made fraud illegal. What exactly do you think would have happened with WF if dodd-frank did not exist? You can have laws all day, but if there are no cops to enforce them many will not abide. Dodd-Frank is that cop.
There were no cops to enforce the fraud. There was simply a quid pro quo between the criminals. The banks don't mind a little fine here and there. It's an understandable payment to continue to get away with illegal actions. If we wanted to stop this there would have been people criminally prosecuted.

You are making the false argument that without D/F there are no laws regulating fraud.

Quote:
What is your opinion? You think the banks can steal from you. I responded and you provide two links that do not address your original charge. If you think there could be better legislation than preemptive strike for too big to fail banks, then share it, but that is not an argument to dismantle DF by any stretch of the imagination.
How do you know it is not before even seeing it? You have already obviously made up your mind.

Old 10-23-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I am not aware there is a statue of limitation when it comes to crashing the economy.

So we can't say Bush's policy brought about the Great Recession even though it's the truth? Furthermore, now that Trump's policy closely mirrors Bush's he is still off limit? Why? Because otherwise you are unable to defend Trump?

The economy has been booming for the last few years. I will admit it is mediocre for those who are mediocre, generally speaking.
Obama's policies mirrored Bush's. The economy did well for one segment. Wall Street.

Old 10-23-2016, 02:36 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,240,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Obama's policies mirrored Bush's. The economy did well for one segment. Wall Street.

That is not remotely true.

If only Wall Street benefitted how do you explain the low unemployment and his approval ratings?

Old 10-23-2016, 02:45 PM

1,640 posts, read 795,612 times
Quote:
There were no cops to enforce the fraud. There was simply a quid pro quo between the criminals. The banks don't mind a little fine here and there. It's an understandable payment to continue to get away with illegal actions. If we wanted to stop this there would have been people criminally prosecuted.

You are making the false argument that without D/F there are no laws regulating fraud.
Here we go in circles again. It's ridiculous to state that I'm arguing there were no laws before DF when I'm telling you outright that's not what I'm saying. There was nobody policing and that is what DF is doing. IF DF were not in existence none if it would have come to light. That makes that aspect of DF a good thing.

Quote:
How do you know it is not before even seeing it? You have already obviously made up your mind.
I do not know what you are talking about. Before seeing what?

Old 10-23-2016, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

That is not remotely true.

If only Wall Street benefitted how do you explain the low unemployment and his approval ratings?

We do not have a low employment rate and even if we did, minimum wage part time jobs does not make for a booming economy.

The American Middle Class Is Losing Ground | Pew Research Center

Even Hillary admits to it.

If your paycheck doesn’t stretch as far as it used to, you’re not alone. For the first time in more than four decades, the middle class is no longer the majority in America—and in terms of wealth, working families are falling further and further behind top earners.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/...n-plans-do-it/

Old 10-23-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Here we go in circles again. It's ridiculous to state that I'm arguing there were no laws before DF when I'm telling you outright that's not what I'm saying. There was nobody policing and that is what DF is doing. IF DF were not in existence none if it would have come to light. That makes that aspect of DF a good thing.
B.S. How did fraud get discovered and prosecuted before D\F?

Quote:
I do not know what you are talking about. Before seeing what?
If you are unable to follow what you said, I can not help you.

Old 10-23-2016, 03:47 PM

1,640 posts, read 795,612 times
Quote:
B.S. How did fraud get discovered and prosecuted before D\F?
i have no idea how or if it was discovered and prosecuted before. I think to a large extent it goes unnoticed and if it is found there is not much policy in place to curb it. Hence, the point of the regulation. Also, DF allowed for a deep dive into their practices and that needs to have a light cast on it. It's certainly not over, as Warren pointed out, because in the end it was low-level employees that were canned, not the big-wigs.

Quote:
If you are unable to follow what you said, I can not help you.
We are talking about charges you made- banks and government stealing deposits.

Old 10-23-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
i have no idea how or if it was discovered and prosecuted before.
Right, you don't know what you are talking about.

Old 10-23-2016, 04:35 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
The attempted deflection in this thread is amusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections