Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 01:49 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,376,095 times

Advertisements

The immediate benefit will be relief the tyrant Trump is not in office. That elation alone will be enough to last me 12 mos into the Clinton administration.

That's no joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 01:51 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I have yet to hear one Hillary supporter explain why they're voting for her other than because "they dislike Trump".
Then there's the crowd who wants part two of the grand social experiment... "we want to make history again!!!" and elect the first woman President!!!. Time for more "social justice". Tthey'd elect Attila the Hun next if he was an Hispanic Muslim transvestite.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:53 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
The immediate benefit will be relief the tyrant Trump is not in office. That elation alone will be enough to last me 12 mos into the Clinton administration.

That's no joke.
That's probably (hopefully) going to be the duration of her Presidency...

Old 10-28-2016, 04:39 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,299,211 times
Im sure most of them would be fine with a 3rd Obama term. Because thats what all Hillary offers really. Along with a more Hawkish stance. You get what you vote for.

Old 10-28-2016, 04:49 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Supreme court nominees that won't undo 50 yrs of progress providing civil rights to American citizens. Hopefully will back laws intended to reduce gun-related deaths in the country.

Old 10-28-2016, 04:55 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Remember the ABC show called the Wide World of Sports from the 80s and 90s? In the intro, you see a skier tumble down the hill. The announcer, Jim McKay, says, "The thrill of victory . . . and the agony of defeat." I'd enjoy seeing Trump, the Trump family, the Trump campaign and, most of all, his followers experience said agony. Not to be mean, but I am sorry, they deserve it.

Well, actually, I would just be relieved.

Mick

Old 10-28-2016, 04:59 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post

That's no joke.
This. Donald Trump is a very dangerous man to most of us.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:01 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
Im sure most of them would be fine with a 3rd Obama term. Because thats what all Hillary offers really. Along with a more Hawkish stance. You get what you vote for.
Correct. I think most people prefer 3rd term of Obama, which 57% of Americans approve of, compared to the complete unknown that Trump offers. Personally, I voted early, but did not vote for either candidate. They are also ok with hawkishness, considering the ISIS threat in mid-east, where Hillary would probably play a stronger hand than Obama has.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:06 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Correct. I think most people prefer 3rd term of Obama, which 57% of Americans approve of, compared to the complete unknown that Trump offers. Personally, I voted early, but did not vote for either candidate. They are also ok with hawkishness, considering the ISIS threat in mid-east, where Hillary would probably play a stronger hand than Obama has.
It is so strange when Obama has 57% approval rating but an overwhelming majority of people say that this country is going in a wrong direction. Maybe they believe that country's direction is due to factors external to Obama . . . . . that helps Clinton if people have dim views of where we are headed.

Mick

Old 10-28-2016, 05:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
It is so strange when Obama has 57% approval rating but an overwhelming majority of people say that this country is going in a wrong direction. Maybe they believe that country's direction is due to factors external to Obama . . . . . that helps Clinton if people have dim views of where we are headed.

Mick
That is a very good point. Obama's opponents insist the country is going in the wrong direction solely because of him, but they can't explain Obama's 57% approval rating. Voters are aware that the president alone don't steer the country, and they know DC is broken, and political political games, and sabotage is commonplace in the Congress. Maybe his opponents need to look in the mirror and ask if they have something to do with the fact that the country is going in the wrong direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections