Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2016, 11:13 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times

Advertisements

Looks like Comey did not do his job and someone else did it for him.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:14 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,652,458 times
So, purely speculation on my part, but as this unfolds a thought occured to me: could it be that Anthony Weiner cut a deal with the FBI whereby he turned over the emails and info on his "devices" in exchange for lesser charges against him in his investigation? Ex husbands are known to do things like that, especially ex husbands feeling the pressure from their own legal investigations. And, it would make sense that Weiner would know that there was a "smoking gun" on his personal server or devices. Maybe Weiner is about to turn into a "state witness."

Again, pure speculation on my part, but perhaps a possibility. Thoughts??

Old 10-28-2016, 11:15 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,652,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
Man, this election is really something. Just full of bombshells in every corner for both candidates. The next election is going to be so boring compared to this.
When I heard Trump was running back in 2015, I said, "oh great, the reality TV election."

Sure does seem like it is turning out that way on both sides of the ruling parties.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:19 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,943,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
So, purely speculation on my part, but as this unfolds a thought occured to me: could it be that Anthony Weiner cut a deal with the FBI whereby he turned over the emails and info on his "devices" in exchange for lesser charges against him in his investigation? Ex husbands are known to do things like that, especially ex husbands feeling the pressure from their own legal investigations. And, it would make sense that Weiner would know that there was a "smoking gun" on his personal server or devices.

If he's capable of doing what he's already done...and keeps doing it despite being publicly shamed on a national level, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he pointed to damning evidence to save his own butt. I'm guessing all he would have to do is say "If I could in some way help with the Hillary investigation, would there be anything in it for me?".

Old 10-28-2016, 11:22 PM

6 posts, read 3,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
WOW
Is that true?
Really suprise me!

Old 10-28-2016, 11:23 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,802,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
So, purely speculation on my part, but as this unfolds a thought occured to me: could it be that Anthony Weiner cut a deal with the FBI whereby he turned over the emails and info on his "devices" in exchange for lesser charges against him in his investigation? Ex husbands are known to do things like that, especially ex husbands feeling the pressure from their own legal investigations. And, it would make sense that Weiner would know that there was a "smoking gun" on his personal server or devices. Maybe Weiner is about to turn into a "state witness."

I read that Clinton liked reading paper copies of emails, and Huma merely sent all those emails to herself so she could easily print them from home. They were then pouched over to Clinton.

Unless Huma is found to have sent classified emails in this fashion, she did nothing wrong.

Huma is still on the hook for lying about knowledge of server in my book.

However, that is up to Court to prove and may turn out to be a nothingburger.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:24 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,693,873 times
It must be something very damning to reopen an investigation. It seems very pointless too if he won't file charges prior to November 8.

Even if you're a Hillary supporter, would you really want someone starting day-one with a huge dark cloud over them? The country doesn’t need her corruption and lies.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:25 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,693,873 times
Hillary's people are in full damage control! Watch them try to get a whoile bunch of women again to claim sexual assault. They will try something out of desperation to draw attention away from her

Old 10-28-2016, 11:25 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Interesting...I never considered this.

Anyway, Hillary isn't calling anyone out. She knows that Comey will drag this out beyond the election and she wants to make it look like she is calling him on this.
I don't think Comey will "drag this out". He will do his due diligence and that takes time. Hillary who knows that Comey can not release information right now and who wasn't even transparent with her campaign staff wants to make a appear that she wants transparency.

Hillary is playing the American people for fools again.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:28 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,170,583 times
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA
CNN: Time for FBI Director Comey to Resign

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Resign ? For doing his job?
He violated a long-standing FBI policy that information should not be released on candidates within 60 days of an election. And his letter continued virtually no information. He's supposed to be working for the Federal Bureau of Investigation, not the Federal Bureau of Innuendo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.