Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 08:14 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,281,778 times

Advertisements

Yeah, we were led to believe that 99.99% of Hispanics are going to vote for Hillary. Now comes this new "finding." I always wondered what is so offensive to US-born Hispanics if somebody says some illegals are rapists. So they are. Why are you offended? It turns out, they aren't.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/election-...-election.html

Leo Lopez's father, who came to the United States from Mexico in the 1980s, is a Democrat and firm Hillary Clinton supporter. But Lopez himself, an accounting student at the state university in this heavily Hispanic, blue-collar town, is leaning toward Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2016, 08:15 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
So ~ one person translates to the entire Hispanic population?

We're still laughing.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:18 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
It is true! Indeed, one young Hispanic women went to a Trump rally (featuring son Eric) sporting the t-shirt "Hispanics contra Trump", and young Eric was so excited he asked for a photograph with her!

You are right, OP: Hispanics Contra Trump!

Old 10-29-2016, 08:29 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,281,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

We're still laughing.
The point of the article is that the intricate web the Democrats have weaved for the past 30 years is unraveling. They thought by bringing in the illegals and giving them citizenship will forever inoculate the Democrat. Mostly they have succeeded but the bond is breaking. As much as the left wants to deny there is such a thing as being just "American", the US-born Hispanics think otherwise.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:36 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
I was listening to the radio yesterday to a hip hop station. They were saying how they were shocked that some guy was a Trump support since "he is Mexican!" . It seems pretty ignorant to believe someone can't vote for who they want based on race.

It seems there is a lot of "vote shaming" going on. I've heard it in other cases too about people being stupid if they are voting for Trump and are hispanic. That's pretty sad.

I know many Mexican Americans and a lot of them look down on illegal immigrants and even call them 'wetbacks'.

Not saying that's right, but it's the reality.

There is also a reverse discrimination of people born in Mexico looking down on those born in the U.S and not viewing them as "real Mexicans"..

I live in Los Angeles, but I could see how people in other places might not understand the situation of dynamics.

Many Mexican Americans have been here for multiple generations.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:40 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
On another note, I think that Trump will do better than expected with the black vote.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:42 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

We're still laughing.

Yeah, me too, I'm laughing right now ! Thanks !

Don

Old 10-29-2016, 11:42 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
The point of the article is that the intricate web the Democrats have weaved for the past 30 years is unraveling. They thought by bringing in the illegals and giving them citizenship will forever inoculate the Democrat. Mostly they have succeeded but the bond is breaking. As much as the left wants to deny there is such a thing as being just "American", the US-born Hispanics think otherwise.

I wish the claim were true but it's really not. Far too many American born Hispanics still want amnesty for those of their ethnic group here illegally. Not all of course but enough do to still make this an issue. Think about it, if their parents are here illegally and they gave birth to them on our soil they are going to be advocates for amnesty.

Old 10-29-2016, 11:47 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,949 times
There's a reason why Texas and Arizona could flip in this election.

Old 10-29-2016, 11:56 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
I don't know why any legal immigrant from Mexico would be voting for Hillary when all she wants to do is open the borders and give amnesty to millions who are already here.
If she does that whose jobs do they think the formerly illegal alien will be coming for?

Dumping 20 million people onto a job market that is still recovering and a market where Obama thinks it is doing well when a few thousand jobs are created does not bode well for America. Then there are those millions who cannot work or those who will refuse to work but that is a whole other problem.

I know my wife who followed the law to immigrate to this country years ago feels like she is getting punched in the gut whenever some politician mentions amnesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections