Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 08:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 15,237,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Please, list them.
How about just the swing states?

Michigan
Pennsylvania
Wisconsin
Ohio
Florida
Iowa
Missouri
North Carolina
Arizona
Georgia
Maine's 2nd Congressional District
Nebraska's 2nd Congressional District
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 08:25 PM

18,107 posts, read 27,588,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Please, list them.
Pennsylvania!

Old 11-16-2016, 08:28 PM

18,107 posts, read 27,588,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Let's revisit this wonderful thread and recap.

THREAD LOSERS
ElliottCA: None
Calipoppy - None
Legalsea - State of Denial
Petty Pendergrass - State of Denial
BucFan - State of Denial (with a "snicker")
NJGOAT - Can't win without all battleground states (also chastised others for "ignoring any and all objective data")
burdell - state of confusion
Sugah Ray - Confederate States of Denial
Caldus "I still believe he will lose and by a wide margin electorally"
Donna501 "I see someone that is going to be real sad early evening on Nov. 8th" (did you have a mirror handy last night, Donna?)

THREAD WINNERS
MTQ3000 - all battleground states and flip 1 blue state
Bureaucat - WI, NH, or WI
jas75 - WI
BobNJ1960 - MI
Parker501 - NC NV WI OH MI FL and CO with a "?" after CO
LoveToRow - PA

Gee, looks like I was the only one to get it exactly right. Also, where are all of these people? I've only seen calipoppy post since Armageddon happened.
Nice job.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:28 PM

26,680 posts, read 15,237,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Based on the current map here:

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Election Maps - Battle for White House

The votes are currently distributed like this:

Clinton-263
Trump - 164
Battleground - 111

Battleground states breakdown like this:

Florida - 29 - Trump +1.0
Ohio - 18 - Trump +2.5
Georgia - 16 - Trump +3.6
North Carolina - 15 - Clinton +2.5
Arizona - 11 - Clinton +0.6
Colorado - 9 - Clinton +4.0
Nevada - 6 - Clinton +1.0
Iowa - 6 - Trump +1.4
Maine 2nd - 1 - Clinton +2.0

With the exception of Maine 2nd, Trump needs every one of those states, Clinton really only needs one of them. Based on the current polls, Clinton is strongest in Colorado. If Trump takes all of them, except Colorado, he can't win. If Clinton doesn't win North Carolina, then Colorado will most likely be the deciding state.
Did anyone else notice that the RCP simple average was more accurate than Nate Silver AGAIN?

Let's Review:
-RCP uses elementary math (simple average) and throws out older polls.
-Nate Silver uses complex proprietary formulas as he weights polls and makes adjustments, etc...

Results head to head:
-Nate Silver's Complex Formulas were more accurate in the 2012 General Election.
-RCP Simple Average was more accurate in the 2008 primary, 2008 General Election, 2010 midterms, 2012 primaries, 2014 midterms, 2016 primaries, and 2016 General Election.

Only a liberal could look at this and proclaim that Nate Silver is a genius and is on to something with his polls.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:57 PM

347 posts, read 469,862 times
I didn't see this thread or else I would've been wrong as well. My guess would have been that Trump needed to win 9 states to guarantee 270: Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Ohio, Iowa, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, and either Colorado or New Hampshire.

I would've said NO WAY on him winning Michigan, Wisconsin or Pennsylvania. Hey, at least I'm honest. I still can't believe he won those, although technically Michigan is still pending for some reason.

When Trump lost Colorado on election night I thought he was in trouble. When they called Wisconsin for Trump I felt that was THE turning point of the night and I was already calling the election for him.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:31 PM

4,494 posts, read 3,853,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxStorm72 View Post
I didn't see this thread or else I would've been wrong as well. My guess would have been that Trump needed to win 9 states to guarantee 270: Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Ohio, Iowa, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, and either Colorado or New Hampshire.

I would've said NO WAY on him winning Michigan, Wisconsin or Pennsylvania. Hey, at least I'm honest. I still can't believe he won those, although technically Michigan is still pending for some reason.

When Trump lost Colorado on election night I thought he was in trouble. When they called Wisconsin for Trump I felt that was THE turning point of the night and I was already calling the election for him.
I felt Wisconsin and Florida getting called for him were two big turning points.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:43 PM

347 posts, read 469,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I felt Wisconsin and Florida getting called for him were two big turning points.
Don't get me wrong, Florida being called for Trump was yuge for him! Ditto with North Carolina.

Going into election day those states were very close in the polls, so I knew those states could go either way.

In the case of Wisconsin, it was never really close prior to election day, so I did not believe that Trump would be able to pull it off there. Once Colorado was called for Hillary, I felt that New Hampshire was Trump's last path to 270. Those 10 electoral votes from Wisconsin: HUGE for Trump. 20 point swing on the electoral map! I felt that Trump would then come out on top in Arizona, Georgia and Alaska.

Old 11-17-2016, 01:43 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,256,823 times
As far as I'm concerned, Presidents don't have mandates other than sign good bills and don't sign bad ones, protect the nation, and be Commander in Chief of the armed forces.

Old 11-17-2016, 02:02 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,736,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
There are none because he won't get to 270.
Could you e mail me the lottery numbers for tomorrow?
THANKS.

Old 11-17-2016, 02:43 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,767,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxStorm72 View Post
I would've said NO WAY on him winning Michigan, Wisconsin or Pennsylvania. Hey, at least I'm honest. I still can't believe he won those, although technically Michigan is still pending for some reason.....
Easy to understand. The Democrats lost the blue collar workers and suburban White women.

Basically anyone who worked a job and who is buying insurance had absolutely no reason to support Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections