Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2016, 02:09 PM

5 posts, read 16,701 times

Advertisements

I am a Ron Paul Fan. I initially liked Gary Johnson and felt he was intelligent and articulate and wanted to see him win the 5 % vote this time. As time has gone by, the whole Johnson/Weld ticket has turned out to be a utter joke and a major disappointment.

1) Gary Johnson did not even know Aleppo ( this is forgivable). This is because I was more concerned with what he has to say about the issues that are bothering Americans locally . A single mother of 2 struggling to make ends meet or a young millennial like me who is concerned about the lack of proper opportunity is not really bothered by Aleppo , I liked his stance on balancing the budget and bringing our troops home and still ignored it.
2) He could not name a single foreign leader . Super embarrassing this. I still ignored it and even though I was not happy, I still planned to vote Johnson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8m1LGp1AxA

3) His stance on illegal immigrants. This is the MOST offensive and retarded thing he has stated!. He got in a shouting match with a reporter who asked him a question about Illegal immigrants and said he finds the term 'Illegal' to be offensive. That is crazy! Which leader that cares about America would want to support illegal immigration over tax paying US citizens, legal residents and legal aliens?? His justification that people have a right to cross the border illegally because it is hard to come here legally is audacious. That broke the straw for me and I decided that this anti national is not getting my vote. I am not saying all 11 million illegals should be deported. Do something about them and get them to be legal, but we simply cannot encourage it and romanticize it like how Gov Johnson does!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xlmU9LvtAs

4) He said Hillary Clinton is a selfless social servant! Really?? I am no trump fan, but how can someone with half a brain have only good things to say about Clinton? She is not perfect is she?
5) His idiotic rants continued in this interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvULsrjLdI4

6) his running mate Bill Weld is openly supporting Hillary Clinton and gives the excuse ' I don't want trump to be president'. He even said that he knows that Libertarian ticket has no chance . I mean, how unprofessional can you get? OF COURSE we know Libertarians are not going to win. That is not the point at all!. We as libertarians should have tried to do our best and get MAXIMUM votes and get closer and closer to the 5 % this year so that the 2 party farce could be broken and we could get fderal funding for 2020. We, as libertarians had a golden chance to get our record number of votes. Even if we would have gotten 20 percent votes than we did last time, we would have called it as a 'Victory' of sorts. I found it highly unethical and unprofessional on part of Gov Weld to openly endorse Hillary CLinton. He could have said 'Yes we are not winning' on 8th Nov, that he threw in the towel when the campaign was on is disturbing. Again, Mr Weld only attacks Trump, only has good things to say about Hillary.

7) The way Gary Johnson has carried himself throughout the campaign has been a colossal embarrassment. Sticking out his tongue, rolling on the ground during a marijuana debate. Extreme childishness at its peak. Libertarians blew up big time by awarding this clown and his equally insincere running mate the ticket, they took the party 20 years behind. What a Shame! Ron Paul would be ashamed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkYWnHaI770
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 03:56 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,623,940 times
Yes. When Johnson started to go full SJW, he lost me. Bill Weld is a Democrat-wannabe. I was ready to vote for them (I'm a Republican who can't stand Trump), but they blew it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections