Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 12:16 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,352,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Then why are there tens of millions of illegals in this country? Why haven't they been deported and required to immigrate legally?
There are millions of illegals for many, complicated reasons. They won't all be deported for a number of obvious reasons. We don't deport children, the elderly, we don't generally break up families. This would be extremely foolish. We do deport most illegals, though, and 100% of illegals convicted of serious crimes.

Millions of illegals are here from an era when the laws were very different than today, so there isn't even agreement on what constitutes "illegal". Putting aside the logistic difficulties and economic damage, it would almost certainly be unconstitutional to deport every single person without documentation. There are 70 year old Americans who arrived illegally as little children, in an era when the laws regarding permanent residency were very different than today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 12:18 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,895,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Are you sure? Because some people are convinced that she wears those pants suits to hide her reptilian tail.
She wears them to hide her cankles. You can tell a lot about someone's health by looking at their ankles. Edema = significant health problems.

That said, wearing business attire pants is perfectly acceptable and there are MUCH better business attire options than the ugly pantsuits Hillary chooses to wear. Good grief, they look like those ugly 1970s polyester leisure suits. /SMH

Old 11-08-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Yes, they are both pro-deportation and pro-legalization. In fact Obama has deported more illegals than any other President in U.S. history.
We have tens of millions of illegals in this country. Why hasn't Obama deported them?

Old 11-08-2016, 12:21 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,474,107 times
Quote:
Then Hillary would get like 98% of the vote. Educational attainment and intelligence are negatively correlated with voting for Trump.
College/"Educational attainment" doesn't equate to smarts, let alone good judgement. You need to watch some old videos of Jay Leno's "jay walkers", especially when he asks basic questions of those with college degrees, those who have achieved "educational attainment", and what their answers are. It's scary. Questions a 5th grader should be able to answer.

It does provide insight though, example #4,925, why the clueless herd largely elects the same bought and sold/inept hacks back into office year after year.

Old 11-08-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
There are millions of illegals for many, complicated reasons. They won't all be deported for a number of obvious reasons.
Well, there are a number of obvious reasons that I or anyone else should be able to get away with robbing banks and not paying federal taxes, etc. We should ALL have the equal opportunity to violate federal law as we see fit, no?

Old 11-08-2016, 12:25 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
The irony when you're voting for someone with 0 political background. Now THAT is ignorance.
Voting for someone who never ran anything in his life was ignorant. Voting for someone who was politically experienced but ran something incompetently will be ignorant.

9,588 posts, read 5,849,038 times
Quote:
That's your choice, but those who immigrated legally do NOT take kindly to those who've bypassed the legal requirements.
Quote:
I am a legal immigrant to the U.S. and 100% support immigration reform and a path to legalization. Don't you dare speak for me.

100% legal here. I second what NOLA says.

7,068 posts, read 6,474,107 times
Quote:
Well, there are a number of obvious reasons that I or anyone else should be able to get away with robbing banks and not paying federal taxes, etc. We should ALL havethe equal opportunity to violate federal law as we see fit, no?
No, see, in the lib/dem world, that's just a confused person who made an "unauthorized withdrawal". They deserve some kind of amnesty.

oh, and it's russia's fault.

Old 11-08-2016, 12:26 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,849,038 times
Quote:
We have tens of millions of illegals in this country. Why hasn't Obama deported them?
How do you propose we deport tens of million of illegals?

Old 11-08-2016, 12:26 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,163,762 times
Quote:
We voted early this morning. My wife did a Hillary impersonation on the way into vote. She is the same age as Hillary. We were passing an elderly woman with a cane and I took the lead. The next thing I knew is a gasp out of the crowd and I looked back to see my wife on her knees. She fell as she stepped off the curb. Fortunately she did not break anything and her eyes did not roll (like Hillary). She got up saying that it is hard to keep a good deplorable down! I think she will be sore tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections