Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 12:01 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,354,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Reform? Like deporting illegals and requiring them to immigrate legally? Or do you mean letting them bypass federal immigration law?
I don't know what you're asking.

Both Obama and Hillary support your first sentence. No one I know supports your second sentence. Trump doesn't support either sentence.

Is there a single politician in the U.S. who supports your second sentence? Even one? Who wants no immigration rules?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 12:01 PM

89,067 posts, read 44,895,573 times
Even better, if illegals are permitted to bypass federal immigration law, I respectfully request the equal opportunity to bypass federal tax laws.

Old 11-08-2016, 12:02 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,955,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Republicans had no intention on trying to win this election, so they nominated Trump knowing he would fail big league.
I cannot agree.

Republicans desperately wanted to win this election ... it was Donald Trump who (perhaps unconsciously) did not want to win the election. He was a bad campaigner, idiotic, divisive, undiplomatic, rude. Did he try to win over voters from traditionally Democratic voting blocs? No. Did he ever act "presidential"??? No.

Donald Trump's campaign was a train wreck ... from insulting a handicapped journalist or a Gold Star family to refusing to release his tax returns contrary to custom of the past half century to the infamous "P*ssygate Affair."

I've been reading in these threads if only the GOP had nominated Rubio or Kasich or someone else they would be emerging victorious. Guess what???!!! Donald Trump would be emerging victorious if he ran a decent campaign! Donald Trump would win if he reached out beyond his hard core ultra-conservative and "Alt-Right" base. If Donald only stayed off Twitter, said a few intelligent things, tried to act presidential. No ... all we see is the clownish buffoon who is both an arrogant bully and an egotistical narcissist.

Old 11-08-2016, 12:02 PM

4,217 posts, read 3,766,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
You completely made all this up, and are directly contradicting Trump.

When did Trump "welcome" legal immigrants?

Trump is anti-immigrant. He has never, ever claimed to be only anti-illegal immigrant.

"Donald Trump called Monday for outlawing immigrants from areas of the world with a history of terrorism as part of his proposed temporary ban on all Muslims entering the United States — a radical rewriting of U.S. counterterrorism policy that he argued was essential to protect the peace and security of women and gays in particular."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7a0_story.html
You have just confirmed the ignorance of some voters.

Trump welcomes immigrants legally.

Old 11-08-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
The wife of a very close friend of mine is Colombian. She just became a legal citizen this past year after many years of going thru the LEGAL process. She too is a Hillary supporter which is fine.

The issue of immigration came up and I brought up my points on why I'm supporting trump and she replied with something along the lines of "he's a racist and only cares about white people" then proceeded to mention his stance on immigration. I asked her "Do you think its fair that it took you 8yrs to become a legal citizen of this country meanwhile someone can sneak across the border, have a child and automatically be given citizen rights and be edible for govt assistance? Her reply was...."no but I can't vote for him because he's an A**hole".

From what I see in this election, those who oppose Trump do so from an emotional standpoint rather than policy.
Exactly. They emote. They don't think.

5,481 posts, read 8,586,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Yet, instead of actually having a conversation with this woman you've known for 10 years, you come on C-D and make a thread entitled, The Ignorance of Some Voters behind her back. Or did you let your colleague of 10 years see this thread when you were making it?

So instead of just, you know, asking her why she felt that way like an adult, you make an assumption, run with it and then come on C-D and make a thread about her.

You're basing a whole lot, the premise of this thread, based on a smirk. You really show how much you respect her opinion, considering you're gossiping about her on an internet forum and effectively calling her ignorant. Who needs enemies when you have Trump supporters for friends like this.

It isn't, stop with the dramatic hyperbole. Part of the problem is how Trump's groupies act towards anyone who doesn't look or think like them.
Umm...we did have a conversation. Just because I didnt include every single word from our conversation here doesnt mean that we didnt have one. I just pointed out where I felt she was misinformed on his immigration policy. She's under the assumption that Trump doesnt want ANY immigrants here when that's not the case.

Quote:
Even better, if illegals are permitted to bypass federal immigration law, I respectfully request the equal opportunity to bypass federal tax laws.
What politician has ever proposed this? You're just making up nonsense.

Old 11-08-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I don't know what you're asking.

Both Obama and Hillary support your first sentence. No one I know supports your second sentence.
I think you're mistaken on that. A lot of people believe we should deport illegals and require them to immigrate legally if they choose to do so.

Old 11-08-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
You have just confirmed the ignorance of some voters.

Trump welcomes immigrants legally.
Then you never even bothered reading my post, where Trump is specifically quoted trying to ban legal immigration for Muslims or for immigrants from countries "that don't adequately fight terrorism".

He has never "welcomed immigrants legally". That's 100% nonsense. His whole campaign is based on appealing to the KKK crowd.

Old 11-08-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
I think you're mistaken on that. A lot of people believe we should deport illegals and require them to immigrate legally if they choose to do so.
Which is exactly what I wrote, and exactly Hillary and Obama's position. We already deport illegals, in most cases, and require people to immigrate legally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections