Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 10:53 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,793,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
We had a shot with Bernie but HRC and the DNCs collusion gave us all Trump by forcing HRC on us.

Nice work.
Don't blame me. I was a Bernie supporter all the way up until he dropped out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 10:55 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,554,212 times
Quote:
Back then they spun it as though Trump supporters were lying and pretending they supported Bernie to pollsters; that clearly wasn't true.
I do remember now that you mention it.

That's the MSM for you, though.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:03 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,674,904 times
Quote:
I think some did, especially those impacted by NAFTA in the rust belt. Maybe not a ton, but during the DNC primaries many polls showed that Bernie and Trump had the same voters in places like WV, MI, and PA

Back then they spun it as though Trump supporters were lying and pretending they supported Bernie to pollsters; that clearly wasn't true.
From someone who grew up in a 'factory neighborhood' in Brooklyn (a chocolate factory, Cascade Laundry, Pfizer and Domino Sugar plants, plus a Navy Yard), I realized over time that the factories as we knew them were not gonna last forever, NAFTA or no NAFTA! Now, NAFTA may have possibly 'sped up the change', But change was gonna happen! Now, the argument could also be made that leaders failed to give us something to 'replace the change', but that change was gonna happen!

Yes, I do realize that Brooklyn, New York is a world different than Akron, Ohio, but I do know a bit or two about factories and their jobs drying up!

Old 11-08-2016, 11:13 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,961,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
From someone who grew up in a 'factory neighborhood' in Brooklyn (a chocolate factory, Cascade Laundry, Pfizer and Domino Sugar plants, plus a Navy Yard), I realized over time that the factories as we knew them were not gonna last forever, NAFTA or no NAFTA! Now, NAFTA may have possibly 'sped up the change', But change was gonna happen! Now, the argument could also be made that leaders failed to give us something to 'replace the change', but that change was gonna happen!

Yes, I do realize that Brooklyn, New York is a world different than Akron, Ohio, but I do know a bit or two about factories and their jobs drying up!
Certainly, but that doesn't get you votes. And those jobs were never replaced. The manufacturing losses in the Midwest can be very depressing in visiting. I really think the DNC, party of the working class?, really let this part of the country slip through the cracks. Bernie had a message for these people, Hillary ignored them.

Biden is another guy who would've been popular to this demo, but HRC opted to pander to Latinos and African Americans, which while a strong demo, weren't enough. In AZ, where I live, we can NOT get Latinos to vote, they represent a huge chunk of our population with almost no representation. You can't depend on a demo like that to win an election.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:17 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,090,374 times
Arrow Now we have to start paying for college again

Hillary's free college for everyone is gone. Maybe the EPA will go away too.

Supreme court on the next docket. ... Ted Cruz?

Old 11-08-2016, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Hillary's free college for everyone is gone. Maybe the EPA will go away too.

Supreme court on the next docket. ... Ted Cruz?
Separate debate, but nondischargeable yet guaranteed federally backed student loans are a large part of why tuition is where it is.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:33 AM

7,081 posts, read 8,947,145 times
Quote:
We had a shot with Bernie but HRC and the DNCs collusion gave us all Trump by forcing HRC on us.

Nice work.
Yep. Hillary was terrible, the only person Trump could beat.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Yep. Hillary was terrible, the only person Trump could beat.
Absolutely. And we all watched it. What a spectacle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections