Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 04:06 AM

10,241 posts, read 6,331,454 times

Advertisements

Not sour grapes. Absolutely terrified of what America is going to become with a madman in the White House and his finger on nukes. "If we have them, why not use them?" I only hope that SANE Republicans can reign him in.

If you are a Minority, Gay, or Female, you can kiss your rights goodbye with a new Supreme Court. Bye, bye 401K, Social Security, and Medicare. You have been conned, America. Don't say we did not warn you.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:41 AM

25,574 posts, read 56,512,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
While it is not the same since I am on the winning side for the first time since 1996, I will raise my next glass of wine to her, to her health, and the safety of her family. I hardly agree with her but it is the proper thing to do.
And I would have done the same for a DECENT man like Jeb Bush, Lindsay Graham, John Kasich, Mitt Romney. But this is NOT a decent man. He is morally depraved, a consummate liar (worse than Hillary, even), a teenage bully, a thief, unethical and unfit, not to mention he doesn't have the intellect or intelligence for the job and isn't going to want to put in the hard word to learn - anything.

It isn't a matter of winning or losing. He is a bad man and unfit to serve. Period.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:50 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,024,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
And I would have done the same for a DECENT man like Jeb Bush, Lindsay Graham, John Kasich, Mitt Romney. But this is NOT a decent man. He is morally depraved, a consummate liar (worse than Hillary, even), a teenage bully, a thief, unethical and unfit, not to mention he doesn't have the intellect or intelligence for the job and isn't going to want to learn.

It isn't a matter of winning or losing. He is a bad man and unfit to serve. Period.
Decent or not, he is the pick of the people.

This is one of the things that bugged me when other Republicans were jumping ship on him. It's not that they were jumping ship on him, it's that they were jumping ship on the voters. To me, if they weren't going to support the decision of the Republican voter, then they should have resigned their posts.

The voters picked the President, be it Trump or Obama or Bush.

He is the President of the United States of America and I am an American.

I may not like him, I may not support him in all he does, I may fund PACs against him in certain actions, but he is the legitimately picked to be the President....period.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I'll be watching as well.
hope you got some sleep last night.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:22 AM

112 posts, read 107,638 times
He honestly wasn't my choice and I'm a bit disappointed, but my fellow Americans have spoken so I must respect and accept the outcome. I sincerely hope that he does well because it's in all of our best interest.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:33 AM

16,289 posts, read 10,434,651 times
I am still trying to understand what made America so broken that they would go to the extreme measures of electing a candidate like Trump. It appears to be a Hail Mary at a time of desperation and I just don't understand this. Of course there are problems, there will always be problems in our country But it's not like we have 20% unemployment and bread lines on every corner.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:35 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,906,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
I really believe you will be pleasantly surprised. Just give him a chance.....
No one is going to be pleasantly surprised because Liberals will never acknowledge any good that Trump will do, just like Conservatives can never acknowledge any good thing about Obama.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
We will cheer against Trump and Trump supporters, constantly reminding them how horrible they are for the next four years. They earned that and they will get it.
Meh.... who cares! Go for it! We won!

Old 11-09-2016, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Are you joking? Trump ran on division. He attacked minorities calling them rapists and drug dealers, he attacked cities, he attacked everyone and now you want us to unite? We will never unite after this election. No possible way.
The American People have resoundly repudiated your fake charges of racism and bigotry and identity politics, yet you still peddle them....

Old 11-09-2016, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Oh, yeah, let's be gracious that we've elected a man who lies 85% of the time, who's stolen a good part of his wealth, who dragged this election in the gutter with name-calling and worse, who is an admitted sexual predator, skirt chaser and peeping Tom.

He's real aspirational and a wonderful role model for all of us wouldn't you say??

The man is a disgusting cretin - I hope Congress can find a way to impeach him.
You mean the congress with Republican majorities in both houses?.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections