Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 10:22 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,296,017 times

Advertisements

I didn't vote for Trump. I'm not disappointed he's winning, and may be president elect soon.

How do we know what the future holds if Trump becomes POTUS? I for one have hope. It won't be all on him. The rest of the government is accountable too. Maybe we all feel like Captain Kirk aka Trump will be taking us into uncharted territory, but why assume the future?

Old 11-08-2016, 10:30 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,979,608 times
Big problem is that he'll nominate Scalia clones which will eliminate all restrictions on bribe money in politics that Scalia loved. This means 30 years of no influence on public policy for 99% of the population (not members of the big money donor class).

We're entering a new era of plutocracy we havent seen before if Trump gets his way.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:48 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,793,035 times
At least Republicans will have full accountability after Trump comes in. Most governors, state legislators, the president, congress, and senate will all be controlled by Republicans. That way they can't blame minorities and political correctness for the nations problems.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:00 PM

6,266 posts, read 5,079,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I didn't vote for Trump. I'm not disappointed he's winning, and may be president elect soon.

How do we know what the future holds if Trump becomes POTUS? I for one have hope. It won't be all on him. The rest of the government is accountable too. Maybe we all feel like Captain Kirk aka Trump will be taking us into uncharted territory, but why assume the future?
I didn't vote for Obama, but once he was elected I wished him well because he was the president. He was MY president. I wanted him to succeed because if he succeeded we would all succeed. I feel the same way about Trump tonight.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:02 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,130,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Big problem is that he'll nominate Scalia clones which will eliminate all restrictions on bribe money in politics that Scalia loved. This means 30 years of no influence on public policy for 99% of the population (not members of the big money donor class).

We're entering a new era of plutocracy we havent seen before if Trump gets his way.
You forgot to mention safeguarding the Second Amendment. Nothing more important.
Now maybe ammo prices will come down.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:02 PM

79 posts, read 111,468 times
I cant wait for Hillary to be carted off to Federal Prison where she belongs.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:05 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,130,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueler View Post
This has to terrify her. She no longer has a sympathetic government to protect her.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:11 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,819,860 times
If he didn't have a republican house AND senate to work with I'd be okay. But he now has free reign for at least 2 years. Moderate republicans have effectively been neutralized. This is Trump and the Tea Party's show now.

America just gave the crazy guy a blank check.

But you'll still blame everyone but him somehow when he screws up. Probably Obama.

Well, lets see how this goes!

Old 11-08-2016, 11:12 PM

21,487 posts, read 10,602,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post

Democrats are the ones who have benefited from all that so-called "bribe money". And it's very hard to get over the biggest Super PAC of them all, the media. This year people got sick of the media refusing to cover real stories about Clinton corruption while throwing every bit of mud they could at Trump.

I think you have misread this election. This election proved that big donors aren't as powerful as they have been in the past. Jeb Bush spent nearly 100 million dollars and still only won about 2% of the primary. How much did Hillary spend? How many Wikileaks emails proved outright collusion between the DNC and the media? Even with all that money and media support, Hillary is probably going to lose.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:13 PM

1,529 posts, read 917,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueler View Post
Not sure I want to see her in prison, unless of course she is found guilty of crimes.

Either way, I am not going to miss her mealy mouthed ridiculous painted on smile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections