Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 03:24 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,774,400 times

Advertisements

When President Obama took office, he wanted to focus on strengthening out infrastructure. Republicans refused and said no increased debt. The first thing Trump says in his speech is we will have infrastructure second to none. That's pure tax dollars. There is no offset for that. Where is he going to get the money for that? Is this what rural America is hoping for? That my tax dollars are going to pay you to build a road in Alabama? We don't owe you that. Who is going to pay for that and is a Republican congress going to start passing trillion dollar bills with no offset?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 03:33 AM

1,400 posts, read 868,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
When President Obama took office, he wanted to focus on strengthening out infrastructure. Republicans refused and said no increased debt. The first thing Trump says in his speech is we will have infrastructure second to none. That's pure tax dollars. There is no offset for that. Where is he going to get the money for that? Is this what rural America is hoping for? That my tax dollars are going to pay you to build a road in Alabama? We don't owe you that. Who is going to pay for that and is a Republican congress going to start passing trillion dollar bills with no offset?
Trump has a bold agenda, that's for sure. Obama's major flaw is that he had no leadership skills or experience. He was likable to a degree, and a gifted speaker, but he caused a ton of division from day one. When there is adversity you don't go and blame your predecessor for everything. You take responsibility and unite. Obama was never able to do that. Trump has made a crap ton of deals and knows how to negotiate. Give him a chance before you go looney tunes.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
Trump has a bold agenda, that's for sure. Obama's major flaw is that he had no leadership skills or experience. He was likable to a degree, and a gifted speaker, but he caused a ton of division from day one. When there is adversity you don't go and blame your predecessor for everything. You take responsibility and unite. Obama was never able to do that. Trump has made a crap ton of deals and knows how to negotiate. Give him a chance before you go looney tunes.
That's complete BS. Republicans decided to oppose President Obama on everything the night of his inauguration. Trump has all the three branches. I don't want to fund Middle America because they were too lazy to go get an education. Why should my tax dollars go to them? I love how middle America calls everyone else takers while they try to put their hands in my wallet. I will vote against every tax increase there is. No tax dollars for lazy rural America.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:39 AM

Quote:
That's complete BS. Republicans decided to oppose President Obama on everything the night of his inauguration. Trump has all the three branches. I don't want to fund Middle America because they were too lazy to go get an education. Why should my tax dollars go to them? I love how middle America calls everyone else takers while they try to put their hands in my wallet. I will vote against every tax increase there is. No tax dollars for lazy rural America.
And Obama had the House plus a supermajority in the Senate! That is why we got ObamaCare! Quit being so emotional and deal with it.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:41 AM

Quote:
And Obama had the House plus a supermajority in the Senate! That is why we got ObamaCare! Quit being so emotional and deal with it.
Oh I will deal with it by delighting in the failure of Trump and rural America which is trying to get a handout. No votes for increased debt. They need to get an education and get a job. If Republicans were against debt for infrastructure before, they should remain so.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:43 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,734,364 times
Quote:
Its all going to change, a guy who's not beholden to special interests running the country is MUCH different than what you're used to, its hard to predict, but you would be surprised how much surplus of cash you have left over if you're not being like a typical politician. Its going to be interesting for sure.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Oh I will deal with it by delighting in the failure of Trump and rural America which is trying to get a handout. No votes for increased debt. They need to get an education and get a job. If Republicans were against debt for infrastructure before, they should remain so.
ObamaCare is a handout! Did you oppose that? By the way, the union vote went to Trump. Abandon the unions with global trade deals and we'll see the map blown up for years to come.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:46 AM

21,995 posts, read 25,343,578 times
Should be interesting. Obama had the $60 billion road/bridge bank on his platform and similar things in many of his proposed budgets. If we essentially take one of Obama's campaign promises he's failed to provide and Trump proposes it and pushes it through that really wouldn't surprise me.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:47 AM

Quote:
ObamaCare is a handout! Did you oppose that? By the way, the union vote went to Trump. Abandon the unions with global trade deals and we'll see the map blown up for years to come.
I'm not on Obamacare. 20 million people lose their health coverage and Paul Ryan gets his dream to voucherize Medicare and privatize Social Security? I don't care. End pre-existing conditions. Take it all as long as you don't get my tax dollars. If middle America wants Trump, they can lose it all and fund his infrastructure.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:49 AM

34,299 posts, read 15,724,962 times
Quote:
Relax !!! You weren't worried when Obama was spending like a drunken sailor and built nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections