Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2016, 05:38 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,854 times

Advertisements

Look at how the media (and some on these boards) continue to spew out slander and hope of failure towards our new President elect, Trump. It's not going to stop, believe me.

But I do really appreciate the thoughtful posts on here from the democrats on this forum who are truly open to dialogue and thoughtful debate, and not just a mouthpiece for the already-exposed biased media.

Kudos to you, my friends.

Old 11-13-2016, 05:55 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
When you take the politics ( and blame ) out of the discussion on what is good for the country it gets much clearer.

Actually having to defend different issues leaving out the propaganda, deceit and lies would lead people to standing in a different place than they are now.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:21 AM

2,920 posts, read 1,984,560 times
Yes, the ones who attacked Rush Limbaugh for saying he hoped Obama would fail because he believed his policies would be bad for the country, are now vilifying Trump. Big difference is Rush is a radio talk show host, the media is supposed to be independently reporting the news, not acting like party activists brainwashing their viewers.

Interesting too that after Obama was elected Republicans and Independents who knew his policies would be bad for the country started what became known as the Tea Party, which was mocked as racists by so-called journalists. After the election of Trump Democrats have rioted. Speaks for itself. Not all Democrats are rioting obviously, but far too many are either doing so or are okay with others doing so.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:27 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Look at how the media (and some on these boards) continue to spew out slander and hope of failure towards our new President elect, Trump. It's not going to stop, believe me..
Indeed. They were 100% wrong for the last 1.5 years. And they continue to be wrong.

I don't bother with the USA MSM anymore. Waste of time to watch them.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:29 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Look at how the media (and some on these boards) continue to spew out slander and hope of failure towards our new President elect, Trump.
I don't have much confidence in your willingness to discern between "slander and hope" and "reasonable worry".

Quote:
It's not going to stop, believe me.
Remember that Trump won the election with fewer than half of American believing he was the right answer. The election doesn't make those people's rational concerns about how Trump will affect women, minorities, immigrants, and the poor vanish - it reasonably exacerbates those concerns. Prior to the election, the condemnations of Trumpism were in the context of terrible circumstances possibly coming to pass. After the elections, the condemnations of Trumpism are in the context of the guy actually promising to make things worse in the manner he himself described.

Please make no mistake. Those who opposed Trump were not playing some kind of game. We people of conscience and people of honor and people of morality were most definitely not playing a game. Trump wasn't a hard puzzle to figure out: He made very clear the damage he planned to cause, and so having won the people who opposed such damage have more of a reason to push back, not less of a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Yes, the ones who attacked Rush Limbaugh for saying he hoped Obama would fail because he believed his policies would be bad for the country, are now vilifying Trump.
I am criticizing Trump for what he has promised to do. I want him to go back on his promises and be the better POTUS, but your suggestion that I should assume that Trump has been lying to and deceiving his supporters (and therefore his opponents as well) is ridiculous.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:46 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,367,193 times
Trump has an easier path to success with a Republican Congress than Obama did. If he were able to lower healthcare costs, create jobs, and lower taxes (for everyone) a lot of people would be better off, even those on the left. Even with all of that, I doubt the left would give him any credit. They would just find something else to whine about.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:53 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Trump has an easier path to success with a Republican Congress than Obama did.
He has an easier path to something. There's not reason to believe that it would qualify as success against the moral precepts that underlie every major Eastern and Western religious and non-religious code of morality going back to the Code of Hammurabi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
If he were able to lower healthcare costs, create jobs, and lower taxes (for everyone) a lot of people would be better off, even those on the left.
That's the rub, though: "For everyone". The real key is whether Trump can overcome his own innate callous disregard for those most vulnerable in society as well as that of his party, to achieve that goal. I don't see a reason to think he's even planning to try that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections