Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 08:19 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,595,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
There was shaming written all over her toxic campaign. Albrights special place in hell for women who don't support other women. Obamas taking it as a personal affront if AAs don't vote for Hillary. Hillarys deplorable basket. The overplayed, overused, burned out, constant accusations by Hillary minions about Trumps racist, misogynistic, homophobic supporters. The level of attempted vote-shaming was astonishing. So was the level of how completely wrong a campaign (along with the pollsters, pundits and media attached to it) could actually be when it came to actually.........trying to win a campaign.
I had issues with this, as well. I don't like it when people toss comments like that around. I'm not religious right, but I am a Christian, and wishing anyone in hell is unacceptable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 08:20 AM

30,434 posts, read 19,200,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
So what do you make of me? I'm a progressive. I'm also a Christian who's wishing to find someone would would teach me to hunt.

Not picking a fight with you, just saying...I voted for Obama. That doesn't mean I think he never said anything dumb.
If you're a Christian and want to hunt, in my mind that's not a Progressive....definitely not a typical progressive. Most 'Progressives' I know hate Christians, hunters, and Republicans.

I differentiate between bleeding heart liberals, economic liberals and Progressives.

Bleeding heart liberals want to help the downtrodden...I have no issue with these people, just believe a different philosophy.

Economic liberals include those that favor spending on infrastructure, unions, and welfare people. I'm fine with infrastructure smart spending. Unions I'm fine with as long as they don't get too much power. Welfare people, I just want to have a system to allow them to escape with mechanisms to force them to want to get a job.

Progressives to me are people I'm at war with....they want to kill me because I won't adopt their world view.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
If you're a Christian and want to hunt, in my mind that's not a Progressive....definitely not a typical progressive. Most 'Progressives' I know hate Christians, hunters, and Republicans.

I differentiate between bleeding heart liberals, economic liberals and Progressives.

Bleeding heart liberals want to help the downtrodden...I have no issue with these people, just believe a different philosophy.

Economic liberals include those that favor spending on infrastructure, unions, and welfare people. I'm fine with infrastructure smart spending. Unions I'm fine with as long as they don't get too much power. Welfare people, I just want to have a system to allow them to escape with mechanisms to force them to want to get a job.

Progressives to me are people I'm at war with....they want to kill me because I won't adopt their world view.
Well, by your definition, I guess I'm also a bleeding heart AND an economic liberal.

Why do you think progressives want to kill you? I mean it with all my heart: feeling that way must be horrible.

As for being typical, I never claimed that esteemed title.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:35 AM

30,434 posts, read 19,200,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Well, by your definition, I guess I'm also a bleeding heart AND an economic liberal.

Why do you think progressives want to kill you? I mean it with all my heart: feeling that way must be horrible.

As for being typical, I never claimed that esteemed title.
The rhetoric of Progressives,,,,if you're an iradeemable, deplorable person, the logical conclusion for you is the Final Solution.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:31 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,492,699 times
It was a big factor for me not voting Democrat. (I had vote Kerry - Obama - Obama) It proved to me that her attempts to reach out to working class rural voters were phony, the real Hillary is an elitist. You learn the most about politicians from their gaffes. Romney really did resent poor people, I was torn in that election before he uttered "47%".

Old 11-15-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The rhetoric of Progressives,,,,if you're an iradeemable, deplorable person, the logical conclusion for you is the Final Solution.
Such is the power of words. Your objections to Hillary and mine to Trump have the same root cause: rhetoric. There is a lesson in that, I think, and it's very simple. Words matter. They have the power to wound, and do so deeply.

I am very sorry you have been made to feel this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections