Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2016, 10:02 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times

Advertisements

Do you have friends, family, or other people close to you whose loyalties during this election were different from your own? If you did, how did the tone of the campaign affect your relationship them?

Old 11-15-2016, 10:11 PM

17,431 posts, read 14,657,652 times
I'm proud to have friends who are very diverse politically.

Overwhelmingly, the ones who have issues and have de-friended people in large amounts are liberals.

If you continue to surround yourself with like minded individuals who don't challenge your beliefs, your brain turns to mush. Just take a look at all of our illustrious elite academic institutions for proof.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:39 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,127 times
...don't get too invested in this dog and pony show we all just witnessed...my sister, a died in the wool dem from mass, a political junkie, called me wed a.m. absolutely beside herself that , that racist, sexist, xenophobic trump got elected by the white rednecks...told her i couldn't talk long, it was 85 degrees and i was heading to the beach...i love living in paradise...lol!

Old 11-16-2016, 12:12 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
I have some family who are Conservative. There were some disagreements involving both sides posting political materials. And family gets treated like everyone when its nonsense. Fortunately we are also VERY factually based. So if you can prove its nonsense, you win. I won more then I lost by far, and we all learned a lot (yes me included).

My friends...were a much more interesting lot. Some on the left went completely nuts....and they have some cause to be afraid-but whoa. Then one of the few conservative friends decided to.....ahhh.....be a bad human being towards those who were scared.

LOL. My letter to him on his facebook page where all could see was not so nice, and I waited for a bit to de-friend him. I didn't say bad words, I just made it clear what my expectations are from both my religious, and non religious friends were. And that I felt someone who believed in a god should behave at least to my low requirements. His wife is still on my page, as is his mom I think.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:15 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,711,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Do you have friends, family, or other people close to you whose loyalties during this election were different from your own? If you did, how did the tone of the campaign affect your relationship them?
didnt talk about it at all with people who i know wanted hillary to win, ive stayed far away from those people who are in my life.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:21 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,553,915 times
The only person who unfriended me on FB is a conservative Trumpette, so you never can tell. The level of anger, though, told me it was much more about her than it was about me. Oh, well. At least she told me before unfriending me, and she wasn't a close friend in real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections