Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 02:40 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I'm delighted to see liberals waste their money on this. I just wish I could bamboozle people out of money so easily.
Try cheap baseball hats with meaningless sound-bites on them, seems to be an easy boozle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 02:44 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
"Fascism"! Oh no!

Stop being such a drama queen.

And stop having double standards. You were perfectly okay with Obama bypassing congress and dictating amnesty (of sorts) and work permits for so-called "DREAMers". Meanwhile, law-abiding foreign students were expected to obey the law if they wanted to go to college here.

If in your fevered imagination, you think Trump is a fascist, you are free to move to another country that's more to your liking.
When the talk is regarding a national registry for Muslims, yes, fascism is exactly what we're talking about. And no, I am not moving because an authoritarian/fascist has been elected president of my country. I intend to stay right here along with all the rest of Americans who don't want to see this country fall to fascism. We will be fighting back with all the tools at our disposal, including the ACLU. Sorry, princess, but we're here to stay.

Old 11-17-2016, 02:47 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Does the ACLU defend Klan members against lawsuits and the DOJ?
Yes. Here's one instance. There have been others.

https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-em-de...ht-free-speech

Old 11-17-2016, 02:59 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
I agree with most of the complaints but whether or not Planned Parenthood is funded or not is not their concern.

Old 11-17-2016, 03:02 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
When the talk is regarding a national registry for Muslims, yes, fascism is exactly what we're talking about. And no, I am not moving because an authoritarian/fascist has been elected president of my country. I intend to stay right here along with all the rest of Americans who don't want to see this country fall to fascism. We will be fighting back with all the tools at our disposal, including the ACLU. Sorry, princess, but we're here to stay.
You seem to forget NSEERS:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...tration_System

and this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...nese_Americans

The former was done by a republican. The latter was done by a democrat.

When the former was enacted, many Muslims who were here illegally, left the country. No one was rounded up and taken to internment camps. No one had their financial assets taken from them.

When the latter was enacted, many Japanese-Americans were determined to show their loyalty to this country and volunteered to serve during WWII---and they served with dignity and bravery. What was done to them by this country was wrong on so many levels.

So, how do you propose that Islamic terrorists are weeded out of the general population? And are you in favor of letting in Muslims without proper vetting? What is YOUR solution?

Again, stop being such a drama queen, "princess".

Old 11-17-2016, 03:05 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
A fool and his money are soon parted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I'm delighted to see liberals waste their money on this. I just wish I could bamboozle people out of money so easily.
Quote:
Thank you for posting this. A donation is on its way. Glad to know there will be people fighting the coming fascism of the Trump administration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
They won, didn't they?

https://www.aclu.org/files/images/as...e505_32133.pdf

Cry harder if it helps, snowflake.

P.S., I made a donation for you, and used your C-D ID as the donor name. Hope you don't mind.

There you go.

Old 11-17-2016, 03:17 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
If Trump's takes action that is a clear violation of the law, the ACLU should get involved.

I don't want Trump to operate above the law like the Clintons.
He already is operating above the law, but do continue with the hypocrisy. It's what right wingers are best at.

Old 11-17-2016, 03:24 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,283,919 times
Quote:
Oh no, Jams is getting mad!! What will we do????? Oh, that's right, we will keep laughing at all the cry baby liberals. At least 4 yrs of endless entertainment ahead fir the WINNERS!!

Don't worry about Jams. She once posted that Trump being in the race was the best thing to happen for Hillary. How did that prediction work out for ya??

Old 11-17-2016, 03:53 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
He already is operating above the law, but do continue with the hypocrisy. It's what right wingers are best at.
You mean like Obama did over and over again? Speaking of hypocrisy

Poor Fiyero. Maybe Elphaba can explain it all to you

Old 11-18-2016, 02:14 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Executive director, Anthony Romero, said in an interview last night that since Donald Trump won the election, the Amercian Civil Liberties Union has received the biggest outpouring of support than it has in nearly 100 years. In five days the ACLU received over 7 million dollars in donations.

They are preparing to fight attempts made by Donald Trump to ban Muslims, to track Amercian Muslims, to do mass deportations, to reinstitute “stop and frisk,” defund Planned Parenthood, etc. It’s a long list.
Let's see how they do with the soon to be new and improved Supreme Court. I hope Trump picks the youngest judges on his list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections