Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2016, 06:19 PM

20,143 posts, read 16,284,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Hillary Clinton Talks Fake News, #Pizzagate: 'Lives Are At Risk' : NPR

Low info voters were tricked into believing Breitart, Faux news, other fishy websites when LARGE volume of fake news about Hillary were poured in during the campaign cycle... humanity has sunken so low when people are really willing to "invent" information to frame someone. It's a sad day in modern history !
You mean like blaming the death of an ambassador and 3 others on a bad quasi-amateur movie?

It's a little tough to know who to believe when your own state department lied for days without blinking an eye.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:24 PM

10,093 posts, read 5,814,382 times
If there were a "Starter of Stupid and Desperate Threads" contest, you'd skip right past all the participation trophies to take first prize.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:38 PM

16,952 posts, read 16,836,358 times
Quote:

Low info voters were tricked into believing Breitart, Faux news, other fishy websites when LARGE volume of fake news about Hillary were poured in during the campaign cycle... humanity has sunken so low when people are really willing to "invent" information to frame someone. It's a sad day in modern history !
Daywalk: The biggest problem is when you, I or anyone else believes what the internet says, the news media says and what the polls have to say. I believed none of them. Hillary lost because she believed what she was fed and what she read. I went with my gut. I voted for the right person. I did this based on none of the three factors mentioned above..

Old 12-08-2016, 06:49 PM

4,973 posts, read 2,274,867 times
Quote:

This "Fake News" BS is just more "Fake News". Democrats lost because they failed to deliver on promises of unity and minority prosperity. Instead, all normal Americans suffered equally while the Establishment prospered (the real result of Liberal policies).

Here's a suggestion. How about attempting to understand those that disagree with your policies rather than just insulting those that you oppose. You know, Like Trump meeting DiCaprio and Gore.. an example of leading all people as opposed to pandering to your voters.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:03 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,137,337 times
Quote:

CNN has been going to about Trump putting muslim in internment camps.

That kind of completely fake news is so outrageous I can't understand how anyone would ever take CNN seriously again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You mean like blaming the death of an ambassador and 3 others on a bad quasi-amateur movie?

It's a little tough to know who to believe when your own state department lied for days without blinking an eye.
Yes, the outright propaganda from the government, and the msm being completely will to spread such propaganda, dwarfs the whole pizzagate thing.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:06 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,932,846 times
Sigh...

Seems some people just do not get it, never will. You people believe your policies and candidate were so great, that the only reason anyone would ever not be fore them is due to racism, sexism, etc, and now I guess "fake news."

How about this, and get this through your head - people did not like Hillary's policies, and they did not like Hillary as a person. Hillary is so low thought of, she even loss in 2008 to Obama, an unknown black guy at the time; that is just how much people, including Democrats, do not like her.

Hillary was a horrible candidate, and Bernie was right there with her. The Dems could have put almost anyone up and had a good chance of winning.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:36 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,960,444 times
I have to agree with the OP that fake news stories played heavily into this election. Every time some whacko news organization posted some "bombshell", people were posting it as fact.

The other day I heard the wildest one yet. Some fake news group has been posting stories that a pizza shop was the front for a sex ring (of children) run by the Clintons. They have been getting death threats and some idiot actually went in there with an assault weapon and fired shots, because he was "investigating the stories ".

Think about this for a minute. What idiot would somehow connect a pizza shop, the Clintons, and a sex ring ? Just goes to show how a lie, if repeated loudly and often, can make people believe it is true..........regardless of how bizarre it is.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:52 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,997,597 times
It's not fair to blame her loss on the mainstream media. They were the main propagators of "fake news" and they were 100% on Hillary's side.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:02 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,992,504 times
It's a sad sad day!!!

Old 12-08-2016, 08:07 PM

41,011 posts, read 49,508,269 times
She sucked as a candidate. That's the reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections