Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 05:33 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
well, she is more qualified politician.
He is a far more qualified business person than she is a more qualified politician.

Who should run the country?
Who is better for our grandchildren?
Meh...there are much more qualified business-people than Trump. He's a great salesman that understands branding, but he's not good in the "dollars & cents" way. Romney, Musk (not born in I don't think), Buffett, Cuban, Gates etc., could run the country at least as well as Trump.

Trump gave voice to middle America. They felt that diversity was making them obsolete and wanted a voice. An angry, WASPy (even though Trump is German-descended) voice to speak for them. People that feel weak and powerless want tough talking and aggressive leaders; think 3rd-world dictators with alpha-male complexes.

People that feel strong and prepared for the current/future world want sensible leaders that can work within the rules to get **** done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 05:44 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,773 times
I'm just trying to figure out why Trump's sins really didn't matter to most people while Hillary's did.

There were times when it seemed like DJT was doing everything possible to tank the election for Hillary and yet nothing he could do, say or have videotaped seemed to matter. The "working class white voters" that so many speak about seemed to vote out of anger....reactive instead of proactive....which may explain the plight so many are in.

It was basically a '*********' vote in hopes of returning to the 50's when white men could do whatever they wanted to non-white males without repercussions. Of course the 50's were more complicated than what people remember and the rules applied to everyone except men with money and power...just like today.

The women that voted for him are the hardest to understand. Like there's no way President Obama could have talked about women (especially white women) in such a fashion and get elected. That Kanye West/Jay-Z presidency is a lot closer than we all though lmao!

Old 11-26-2016, 06:24 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,480 times
Yes, his sins are such a puzzling piece , isn't it?'It was hard for me and all my friends to accept that voters could vote for a man, that speaks at a fifth grade level with some nasty language thrown in, could get that many votes.
I think most people just want 3 word sentences and they are fine .

I think that deep down a lot of women voters really dream about someone coming to grab their p----y and tell
them all will be good, kind of like romance novels and realty tv. Then guys really admire a guy that bucks the system and has money , a pretty lady with fake boobs, to show for it. Your average american is really not that into understanding politics and treated the election as a sports game. It is the competitive nature of America that showed it's face. Whatever one has to do to win. He is a carnival barker and in it for his own ego.
I really think the common intellect has
fallen that low.
I will say that most people posting on here are not included just because they show more of an interest
in politics, cause why else do any of us post?

Old 11-26-2016, 06:40 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
WaldoKitty was his staunchest supporter on CD.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:24 PM

285 posts, read 197,782 times
I was shocked and so happy. I woke up at 5am and looked at my phone and saw the election results and my jaw dropped to the floor. I thought the election was going to be cheated to guarantee Hillary would win.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:28 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
WaldoKitty was his staunchest supporter on CD.
and Anywhere Else..........the two of them, more than others.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:55 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
and Anywhere Else..........the two of them, more than others.
Yes, Anywhere Else too!

Old 11-26-2016, 10:11 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,156 times
In quotes and italics below is my post from 10/26/16. So I can legitimately say that I was not surprised Trump won.

"I think it could go a million votes either way but give Trump a slight edge on the EC."

Old 11-26-2016, 10:27 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I am to old to expect a person like hillary or trump, or any other narcissist sociopath, to act any different than a narcissist sociopath. Hillary = no chance. Trump = small chance.

What surprises me the most is that most of us that voted for trump felt dirty about it. The voters of hillary actually believe she is something better. its weird, they have to make themselves believe they are 100% correct or they can't function.
Per the bolded --- Speak for yourself and yourself only. My husband, our millennial daughter, our son-in-law, my brother, my sister-in-law, my sister-in-law's 95 year-old mother and I were all proud to vote for Trump.
That said, I'm sure that the thousands of people who took the time to go to his rallies, which involved waiting in long lines to get in, didn't feel "dirty" about voting for him.

Here's a newsflash for you --- the vast majority of politicians are narcissists. Some, like Hillary, are also sociopaths.

All that said, when Trump threw his hat in the ring while exposing to those who didn't figure it out, that politicians are beholden to their mega-rich donors and thus put said donors ahead of their constituents, I figured that most voters would get it---especially the older ones.

Reading the threads here and the comments, the Hillary supporters basically were saying that they wanted the corruption to continue and didn't want to drain the DC swamp. They were perfectly happy with business as usual and happy to have politicians who ignored them. That came as a surprise to me.

I was cautiously optimistic that Trump would win. On election night, I looked in this forum to see a thread where someone said that Hillary was ahead in FL and that if she won FL, she would win the election. I was upset after reading that so I didn't watch the results. In the early a.m. hours, my husband and I took a look finally---we figured that we needed to know. We were both so surprised and very happy to see that Trump won! I already knew that the mainstream media was corrupt but the election results confirmed that they were deliberately putting out bogus polls.

Old 11-27-2016, 03:00 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
No. But I was surprised at how he won. I expected him in the end to pull off Michigan and come close in Pennsylvania (I knew momentum was on his side there, but wasn't so confident he could pull it off). Wisconsin wasn't even on my radar! Funny thing is that he won Michigan by a smaller margin than those other two states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections