Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 10:37 PM

26,667 posts, read 28,921,854 times

Advertisements

I was very surprised. I had watched him in the debates and was disgusted by the name calling and childish behavior. Not that I was for Hillary but of the two, she was the less corrupt and the one who would probably have done the least damage. They're both out for The Rich but with Trump it's much more obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 11:55 PM

876 posts, read 820,875 times
The images that will stick with me forever are the Hillary supporters watching the vote count once they realized that Trump was winning. It was like they were watching a disaster unfold in slow motion.

The TV networks were just zooming in on their faces. There were scenes of vacant eyed or openly weeping Clinton devotees consoling each other. Is it wise to get so attached to a candidate that you are gutted if they lose?

Old 11-24-2016, 12:30 AM

6,804 posts, read 4,527,639 times
When Hillary made her "basket of deplorables" speech I knew she would lose. You can't grossly insult and disrespect half of our American brothers and sisters and expect to lead and unite us all.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:56 AM

21,017 posts, read 19,552,263 times
I was surprised that the American people disliked the status quo SO
much they wanted Mr. Trump in...after all his remarks
(about most everything, an equal opportunity insulter,
similar to Howard Stern) and thin skin resulting in his over the top attacks
showing how volatile he can be.
Just to say, I think he is doing a good job now...very level and calm...good.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:04 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,688,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charisb View Post
If you are upset by thieving politicians you are goign to be devastated by trump. He only wants to be President to line his (and his kids') pockets.
It will be a small miracle if he makes it through the first year without being impeached given his conflict of interests. The guy has no morals whatsoever.
I am to old to expect a person like hillary or trump, or any other narcissist sociopath, to act any different than a narcissist sociopath. Hillary = no chance. Trump = small chance.

What surprises me the most is that most of us that voted for trump felt dirty about it. The voters of hillary actually believe she is something better. its weird, they have to make themselves believe they are 100% correct or they can't function.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:10 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,688,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I was surprised that the American people disliked the status quo SO
much they wanted Mr. Trump in...after all his remarks
(about most everything, an equal opportunity insulter,
similar to Howard Stern) and thin skin resulting in his over the top attacks
showing how volatile he can be.
Just to say, I think he is doing a good job now...very level and calm...good.
Mrs Hepp,

I apologize, , I truly felt we needed someone that thinks totally different than a politician. He isn't the best business man ... but ... he's all they gave us.

have you ever voted Republican for president? I voted obama for his first term hoping for anti-establishment.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:24 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,997,215 times
I didn't know Trump would win, but had a pretty good feeling he would, and certainly hoped that was the case.

I watched pretty much all of Trump's rallies online, kept up with the news - good and bad - and always made it a point to read the reader's comments. The huge turnouts at the rallies, the positive comments after articles were good indication that the polls were simply wrong. You don't have people standing in line 6 hours in rain, cold weather or heat to see Trump at a rally and then stay home on November 8.

It never failed to amaze me that close to 70% of Americans felt the country was headed in the wrong direction but Hillary (who would continue down Obama's path) was going to win? Didn't seem plausible. I guess the overwhelming vote for Republicans all the way down the ticket was a resounding affirmation that Americans wanted a change.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:40 AM

6,804 posts, read 4,527,639 times
[quote=Arach Angle;46297469]I am to old to expect a person like hillary or trump, or any other narcissist sociopath, to act any different than a narcissist sociopath. Hillary = no chance. Trump = small chance.

What surprises me the most is that most of us that voted for trump felt dirty about it. The voters of hillary actually believe she is something better. its weird, they have to make themselves believe they are 100% correct or they can't function.[/QUOTE]

I voted for Trump because I didn't want Hillary as our president. My husband, same thing. Today we'll be sharing a holiday dinner with a bunch of avid Trump fans. To avoid a problem, my hubby and I have already agreed to remain mute and let the Trump fans have their day. The 100% support of a man who hasn't worked his way up that political ladder is strange to us.

But this is not the same thing as hating Trump. He is in now, so we'll get behind him and hope he doesn't cause great harm to our country. Maybe he'll be the best thing America has ever seen. Right now, none of us knows. If he can create and protect our jobs, close our borders, fix our crumbling infrastructure, kill ISIS, then hubby and I will bow down and kiss his ring.

Old 11-24-2016, 06:15 AM

17,154 posts, read 13,053,291 times
I was shocked beyond belief. I was on a large group vacation in Mexico at the time, and the election returns were televised for us on CNN so we could keep track of them throughout the night. I had read online from several statistical sources and pollsters that the chances were considerably in Hilary's favor.

After he won, the news media suggested that they (among others) were blindsided by his victory partially because many Trump voters did not want to admit they voted for him. I don't know how true that is, but it is a reasonable explanation as to why normally accurate political pundits were off base on this result.

Old 11-24-2016, 06:25 AM

15,238 posts, read 10,447,465 times
I really thought Hillary would win despite her being a crook and a liar. Trump wasn't my choice and I think the Republicans had better start doing a better job of nominating younger people and people of color. When people think Republican party, most think "old white guys" including myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections