Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Hillary Clinton have anything to do with Stein's Fund for Recount? Multiple Choice Poll
Sure. "and" She secretly donated to the fund 54 31.40%
Sure she did. Still being Crooked-Hillary 81 47.09%
No Way! 24 13.95%
The Russians had something to do with it. 2 1.16%
The election was hacked for sure, right? 4 2.33%
The Donaters to Stein's fund are about to get ripped off $$$$ Burned! 39 22.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 07:19 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Then why the angst over the recount effort?
No angst Pootsa. I would say I am upset that Stein may squander the voters money and I don't wish that on anybody. If she uses the money for what is intended, (to do a recount) then that part is fine. If the powers-that-be say a recount is warranted, then so be it. I honestly don't think much is going to come of this though.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:20 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. No harm in a recount, unless you are worried about something.
Recounts are part of the system. No need for anyone to get angry about it.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:22 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I thought this from the start. That it was possible that Trump didn't really win. It's highly unlikely that that many polls that had HRC consistently ahead for so long would have been that wrong. They even tracked her momentum...Trump didn't have it. The exit polls confirmed the official pre-election polls. It's possible all the data was wrong....but how likely is that?

I thought that since we KNOW the Russians were hacking American systems (the Navy was just hacked this week, but who knows who that was done by), it's not like this would come out of left field. It would fit what other things had been happening.

Also, the largest Democratic forum online was hacked on election day to crash totally. They had a message on their site that informed the public of it; the msg said the hacking was by someone who knew what they were doing, because what had been done would require them to work for days trying to get it back online. It was a professional forum...not some little site.

Another piece of evidence confirming electronic hacking to affect the election results.

Only a few counties in each state that does electronic voting would have to be hacked to skew the results.

Explain how they hacked the paper ballots, snowflake.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:31 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
I guess voter fraud is only a thing when the Democrats lose.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:34 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
And that is more evidence than Jill Stein or the "computer experts" have provided in regards to election tampering or hacking in Michigan, Pennsylvania or Wisconsin.
Thanks for helping me make my point.
umm that made absolutely no sense.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:35 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I guess voter fraud is only a thing when the Democrats lose.
You think so, huh? Editorial: McCrory's baseless claims of election fraud unfairly demean voters :: WRAL.com

Old 11-25-2016, 07:36 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
No angst Pootsa. I would say I am upset that Stein may squander the voters money and I don't wish that on anybody. If she uses the money for what is intended, (to do a recount) then that part is fine. If the powers-that-be say a recount is warranted, then so be it. I honestly don't think much is going to come of this though.
I had no idea that you were a self-appointed representative of the people who freely donated their own money.

Do you extend this profound zeal and concern into other areas of giving, or is this a unique circumstance?

Old 11-25-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve930 View Post
Recounts are part of the system. No need for anyone to get angry about it.
Who's angry?

Old 11-25-2016, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Explain how they hacked the paper ballots, snowflake.
Pennsylvania used paper ballots?

The paradox is that in our current electoral system, without routine audits, seeking proof requires calling for a recount, which in itself can undermine confidence in the vote.

Demographics, Not Hacking, Explain The Election Results | FiveThirtyEight

Old 11-25-2016, 07:46 PM

26,500 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Pennsylvania used paper ballots?

The paradox is that in our current electoral system, without routine audits, seeking proof requires calling for a recount, which in itself can undermine confidence in the vote.

Demographics, Not Hacking, Explain The Election Results | FiveThirtyEight
I think the poster was referencing Michigan.

Michigan uses 100% paper ballots, but some on the Alt-Left were initially claiming that it was hacked by Russians.

Pennsylvania uses a mix of paper and computer ballots.

And yep, there is no discrepancy between the results in the paper vs computer ballots within Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. The Alt-Left knuckleheads quickly bought it as they didn't realize that inner city Philly with paper ballots has different voter demographics than rural PA with electronic ballots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections