Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 04:37 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
I lost nothing, since I don't recall supporting or voting for either candidate.
You don't recall who you voted for? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 05:40 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,225,038 times
Nutty Don just like all those in the GOP. Here in NC McCrory ran as a moderate Republican. He gets in office and goes hard right. Cost the state thousands of jobs, large amount of income lost due to that stupid bill he signed. Raised taxes on all but the top earners,

Old 11-30-2016, 05:41 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,635,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
[/i]Is any of this untrue?
It serves no purpose to ask a Trumphead that question, because they can not comprehend the concept. Like their cultmaster, they are unable to differentiate between "things that are good" or "things that are bad," "information that is true" or "information that is false." Anything they want to do is the right thing to do because they want to do it, anything they don't want to do or see done must necessarily be bad. Any information that is what they want to hear is credible and valid, and information that they don't want to hear is automatically discredited, ridiculed, and invalid.

This is just the way their brains work. Just as a lizard's brain is incapable of feeling love, a Trumphead's brain is incapable of distinguishing between true and false or right and wrong. Probably not their fault; it's just the way they're wired.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:46 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,202,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
It serves no purpose to ask a Trumphead that question, because they can not comprehend the concept. Like their cultmaster, they are unable to differentiate between "things that are good" or "things that are bad," "information that is true" or "information that is false." Anything they want to do is the right thing to do because they want to do it, anything they don't want to do or see done must necessarily be bad. Any information that is what they want to hear is credible and valid, and information that they don't want to hear is automatically discredited, ridiculed, and invalid.

This is just the way their brains work. Just as a lizard's brain is incapable of feeling love, a Trumphead's brain is incapable of distinguishing between true and false or right and wrong. Probably not their fault; it's just the way they're wired.
Would you prefer to be called a snowflake, pansy, buttercup, or butt-hurt fairy ?

Old 11-30-2016, 05:58 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,277,330 times
Oh for God's sake. Trump meant nothing he said--when does his cult get that? Now he's in over his head and just grabbing billionaires and Wall Street to help him. Goldman Sachs and bank deregulation? Getting rid of Dodd Frank and consumer protection? This is George W. Bush - the sequel. SOS.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:01 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,635,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Not See View Post
Would you prefer to be called a snowflake, pansy, buttercup, or butt-hurt fairy ?
I'd prefer to be called someone who despises ignorant fascists. Not that I'm saying anyone in this thread actually is one, of course, and I want to make that clear because saying that about conservatives is against the TOS here. But as long as you're asking me the question, and as long as it's understood that we're just speaking in general terms, that's what I would prefer to be called.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Oh for God's sake. Trump meant nothing he said--when does his cult get that? Now he's in over his head and just grabbing billionaires and Wall Street to help him. Goldman Sachs and bank deregulation? Getting rid of Dodd Frank and consumer protection? This is George W. Bush - the sequel. SOS.
You and I saw that coming of course, along with tens of millions of other people. But anyone who was too stupid to see it coming before is too stupid to figure it out now.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:12 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,984,913 times
For those of you that think the whole Goldman/Government thing is new to Trump, I'd suggest digging around a bit more and maybe read this:

Government Sachs: Goldman’s Close Ties To Washington Arouse Envy, Raise Questions

Bush, Obama, Clinton, Trump - what they will all have in common is key advisers with strong ties to Goldman

Old 11-30-2016, 06:25 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,704,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope. But you conveniently left off this part.
.....is a slap in the face to voters who hoped he would shake up Washington," ....... "Trump is already heading into office as the most corrupt, conflicted, and unpopular president-elect in history, and now he's breaking his signature promise to the voters who elected him."

Opinion given as "fact". Typical CNN.

Doesn't matter to me if you think CNN is the best news organization in the world. You did after all tell us that Hillary Clinton would win the election. This speaks for itself.

The rest of us, know better.
So, you believe that the factual data that preceded the author's conclusion that "it would be a slap in the face to voters who hoped he would shake up Washington" makes the entire article a lie.

Or, is it the part about trump being the most corrupt, conflicted and unpopular p-e in history? Or, is it the part where the author says trump is breaking his signature promise to the voters who elected him? OK. You are entitled to your opinion, as is the author who believes that the facts of trump's selection for Treasury Secretary, among others, is indeed a slap in the face of those who voted for him believing that he would 'drain the swamp'.

You also keep telling everyone who posts something you don' t agree with that they told you that clinton would win. I don't think I (or a lot of the people you keep bashing on this) ever actually posted that. I did post that I hoped trump would lose, I pointed out his many flaws, lack of knowledge and intellectual laziness, etc., as did many others. There is a world of difference, but, as with the facts presented in the linked articles, you seem to refuse to see it.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The topic was based on a link to an opinion from CNN.

If you want to talk specifics then please do so, but the battle of the web links isn't something I do. You ought to have learned this by now since the 100s of posts you made with sort of thing, were all proven wrong. Trump won the election.
There are actual facts in the article. You are focused solely on the author's conclusions AND on the fact that it is a CNN story. My point in my response contains links to several other organizations that reported the same facts, some of which did not express any conclusions as to the meaning of the selection. That is hardly a "battle of the web links", but it is a repudiation of your assertion that the article from CNN was a bunch of lies. My post did indeed talk specifics, but you seem to think that any post made by someone who disagrees with you is not 'specific'.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
For those of you that think the whole Goldman/Government thing is new to Trump, I'd suggest digging around a bit more and maybe read this:

Government Sachs: Goldman’s Close Ties To Washington Arouse Envy, Raise Questions

Bush, Obama, Clinton, Trump - what they will all have in common is key advisers with strong ties to Goldman
And, trump's 'drain the swamp' theme would have led his voters to believe that he wouldn't continue in the same vein. But... well, the swamp is starting to look like it isn't going to get drained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections