Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2016, 08:21 AM

45,947 posts, read 27,593,320 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LKPRXv1q8M

I suppose it's easier to process when you just stereotype people and expect them to respond in a prescribed pattern.

Life doesn't work that way. We are all individuals. We have our own experiences.

This seems to be short circuiting Van Jones' thought process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 08:24 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,122,678 times
You mean "white women" don't hate women?

Old 12-08-2016, 08:24 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,505,201 times
We are BORG!

Old 12-08-2016, 08:25 AM

That guy in the video is such a racist idiot. It baffles me that he is still allowed on TV. Take the things he says and change it around the other way, people would be calling for his head.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:38 AM

20,184 posts, read 23,942,561 times
I always thought it was funny when liberals say individual votes matter when their entire ideology is based on majority rule... what else would you expect from the liars and cheats..

Old 12-08-2016, 09:45 AM

6,273 posts, read 5,104,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LKPRXv1q8M

I suppose it's easier to process when you just stereotype people and expect them to respond in a prescribed pattern.

Life doesn't work that way. We are all individuals. We have our own experiences.

This seems to be short circuiting Van Jones' thought process.
The biggest fear that politicians on both sides of the aisle have is that voters will actually think for themselves. I cringed about the "vote for a woman because you're a woman" narrative. I cringed when Albright said there was a special place in hell for women who don't support other women. I cringed when Steinham said that young women were voting for Sanders because "that's where the boys are". I cringed when potential voters were accused of being sexist or a woman hater because they didn't support Clinton.

I talked about politics with a whole lot of people during this election cycle. We talk on this site a lot about uninformed voters, but the people I actually talked WITH were wholly engaged. They knew the issues, they knew the players, they knew the stakes, they knew all the details about all the scandals and all the latest developments. They were informed. They were very informed. And they didn't vote the way the D party wanted them to, and they didn't vote the way the GOP wanted them to. They voted the way THEY wanted to.

There was a lot of talk from both candidates about this being the most important election in our lifetime. People "out there" in the real world understood that. They knew. At least in my own experience and my own circle, regular people were wholly engaged and wholly invested in the outcome of this election. So Van Jones (the Obama "green jobs czar" from years past) can stay in his "white-lash mode" and keep doing what Van Jones does. But Clinton still lost and Trump still won, and the hand wringing continues.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:24 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,259,282 times
Van Jones will be given more of a presence over there on the Communist News Network after his whitewashing comment about the election. He is breathlessly emotional about racism and those are the kind of people CNN like.

Ana Navarro might get her own segment to rail against Trump over the next four years.

It's interesting that the woman in the clip admitted that listening to Hillary made her afraid of Trump. She's embarrassingly ignorant to allow another person to convince her whether or not to vote for someone, rather than doing the work and informing herself.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:29 AM

Imagine if they called Obama a black lashing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections