Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 01:41 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Who's Pace? (don't worry..I make typos too)

Seriously, I don't blame anyone for being confused about the numbers. In fact, if I didn't know better and listened to Trump without checking, I might believe what he recently said at one of his rallies.

"The election ended a long time ago in one of the biggest Electoral College victories in history."

Yes, Donny, you won. We get it. However, this statement proves he's either a liar or he is totally clueless about the last 2 election results. President Obama in both elections got more electoral college votes than Trump.

2008 election results: 365 (Obama) 173 (McCain) Obama also received nearly 10 million more popular votes than McCain, but who cares about facts?

Does any of his supporters ever defend this stuff or do they just shrug it off as Donald just being Donald?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 01:50 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Does any of his supporters ever defend this stuff or do they just shrug it off as Donald just being Donald?
Hint: Donald Trump Won The Election

Old 12-15-2016, 01:50 PM

39,086 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Romney gave the clearest, most thoughtful assessment of anyone in either party regarding Trump. We will see that, like on Russia, he was right all along.

Old 12-15-2016, 02:09 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,769,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
You don't think Hillary Clinton is vengeful?
Ask any of those people who did business with the Clintons who wound up dead under suspicious circumstances.

Repeat after me, and I'll speak slowly.

PRES - I - DENT TRUMP

Beautifully Spoken!

Old 12-15-2016, 02:16 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,277,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Who's Pace? (don't worry..I make typos too)

Seriously, I don't blame anyone for being confused about the numbers. In fact, if I didn't know better and listened to Trump without checking, I might believe what he recently said at one of his rallies.

"The election ended a long time ago in one of the biggest Electoral College victories in history."

Yes, Donny, you won. We get it. However, this statement proves he's either a liar or he is totally clueless about the last 2 election results. President Obama in both elections got more electoral college votes than Trump.

2008 election results: 365 (Obama) 173 (McCain) Obama also received nearly 10 million more popular votes than McCain, but who cares about facts?
The guy is a pathological liar. His cult calls it 'hyperbole.' Let's see how far his hyperbole takes him as president when everyone is watching and checking his words. Aside from it definitely not being one of the largest victories, he won many of his states with razor thin, and I mean razor thin margins. He is still as always, the Buffoon.

"...But it's hard to argue this represents a landslide of historic proportions, given that out of 58 presidential elections, the winner has received more electoral votes in 37 contests..."

President-elect Donald Trump Falsely Claims A 'Massive Landslide Victory' : NPR

Old 12-15-2016, 03:27 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,861,517 times
Quote:

I guess you just got your answer, BucFan.......they completely ignore all of his lies and embellishments. To be honest, it would be easier to count the number of true statements Trump has made, as opposed to his boatload of falsehoods. Every time he opens his mouth lies flow like wine.

This is one area they don't want to acknowledge or even discuss. They simply say "He is now President, so get over it". I don't think that will work for Trump forever. When they see all of his campaign BS not coming true, even they will begin to wake up.

Some of us are just slow learners.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:38 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Romney gave the clearest, most thoughtful assessment of anyone in either party regarding Trump. We will see that, like on Russia, he was right all along.
agree......big time disappointed that he allowed himself to be put through that Sec State charade. Probably never a chance for him to get the appointment.

Old 12-15-2016, 05:53 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,857,932 times
Quote:
agree......big time disappointed that he allowed himself to be put through that Sec State charade. Probably never a chance for him to get the appointment.
That slot was already taken, as we have since found out.

That photo at dinner where Trump is grinning and Romney is grimacing pretty much covers it.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Trump likes humiliating people. He openly humiliated his first two wives by flaunting his affairs with other women. He used Marla Maples to humiliate Ivana. Then, when he needed a newer, younger trophy wife, he humiliated Marla. Of course he wanted to humiliate Romney. That's the kind of class-less person Trump is. He's vindictive. He can't deal with things as an adult.

Romney should have refused the invitation to meet with him and told him to buzz off.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:33 PM

15,650 posts, read 10,405,925 times
I liked Romney and voted for him in 2012. Romney would have made a much better President than what's his name. Romney lost. Romney was a classy, smart, decent man. The electorate didn't want him. Romney was too out of touch to see the electorate wanted a UFC guy this election cycle, not an elitist wimp like Bush or Kasich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections