Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 12:08 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,442,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The guy is a pathological liar. His cult calls it 'hyperbole.' Let's see how far his hyperbole takes him as president when everyone is watching and checking his words. Aside from it definitely not being one of the largest victories, he won many of his states with razor thin, and I mean razor thin margins. He is still as always, the Buffoon.

"...But it's hard to argue this represents a landslide of historic proportions, given that out of 58 presidential elections, the winner has received more electoral votes in 37 contests..."

President-elect Donald Trump Falsely Claims A 'Massive Landslide Victory' : NPR
Nobody cares.

Again, Donald Trump won.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I guess you just got your answer, BucFan.......they completely ignore all of his lies and embellishments. To be honest, it would be easier to count the number of true statements Trump has made, as opposed to his boatload of falsehoods. Every time he opens his mouth lies flow like wine.

This is one area they don't want to acknowledge or even discuss. They simply say "He is now President, so get over it". I don't think that will work for Trump forever. When they see all of his campaign BS not coming true, even they will begin to wake up.

Some of us are just slow learners.
Just about everything that came out of Hillary, Bill and Obama's mouths was a big lie, but Dems had no problem with that.

If Democrats didn't have double-standards, they wouldn't have any standards.

Old 12-16-2016, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Trump likes humiliating people. He openly humiliated his first two wives by flaunting his affairs with other women. He used Marla Maples to humiliate Ivana. Then, when he needed a newer, younger trophy wife, he humiliated Marla. Of course he wanted to humiliate Romney. That's the kind of class-less person Trump is. He's vindictive. He can't deal with things as an adult.

Romney should have refused the invitation to meet with him and told him to buzz off.
I'll bet Romney asked to meet with him.

Old 12-16-2016, 07:45 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,548,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Nobody cares.

Again, Donald Trump won.
Obama won twice and didn't stop you from complaining about him.

Why should we?

Old 12-17-2016, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Obama won twice and didn't stop you from complaining about him.

Why should we?
I didn't actually believe that there was a way to get Obama "un-elected."

Nor was I publicly protesting or fleeing for a "safe space", crying, drinking hot cocoa, coloring with crayons, playing with play-dough, etc.

But keep it up -- I'm enjoying this.

Old 12-17-2016, 01:26 AM

30,434 posts, read 19,200,796 times
I was never all in on Romney and his treatment of Donald Trump confirmed why.....Romney is an elitist that doesn't care for the Deplorables. I think Romney was given more than fair treatment by Trump.

Old 12-17-2016, 08:57 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,861,517 times
The best way to judge any person is how they have conducted their lives and how they treated others. Those traits go right to the soul of a person and generally never change. If anyone looks at how Trump has lived his life, it is very easy to see how he thinks and acts.

He has never done one thing for anyone else, unless it profited him. He brags about not paying his fair taxes, and stiffed more small business people than anyone I know of. He has a very low opinion of women, and cheats on them whenever he can. On top of that, he is so thin skinned and vindictive that ANYTHING sets him off and he can not shake it.

My personal barometer, of how I judge a person, is, would I want this person as a friend. I look at Donald Trump and can say without reservation that I would not give him the time of day. The poor folks who swallowed his con are going to soon realize that leopards do not change their spots, and Donald Trump only cares for the top 1%. Now, we just have to figure out how to weather this mess for however long he is able to keep this job.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:03 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,548,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I didn't actually believe that there was a way to get Obama "un-elected."

Nor was I publicly protesting or fleeing for a "safe space", crying, drinking hot cocoa, coloring with crayons, playing with play-dough, etc.

But keep it up -- I'm enjoying this.
That is exactly what ya'll are doing right NOW. Attempting to find your own safe space by demanding that no one speak ill of Trump lest it offend your delicate ears.

Do not hold your breath.

This might be our only enjoyment in the next 4 years ~ not gonna waste it!

Obama has been President since I've been on POC and it's been non-stop whining from the righties since then.

My turn.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:29 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,332,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatandFlat View Post
Or will he jerk him around a little longer? Maybe dangle an Ambassadorship in front of him, and the yank it away! I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Mitt.

They've always said "Everybody Plays A Fool", Mitt is a fool.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:31 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,739,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Romney humiliated himself when he lost the election against the failed and lazy Barak Obama.
Romney wishes he had the balls to run the type of campaign Trump ran. Had he stood up to the Dems and the media he would have had a better shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections