Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 12:22 PM

45,610 posts, read 27,230,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I don't understand the repeated sentiment that women "feel fear" as a result of Trump winning. I just don't. The guy may be a serial philanderer, but what are my fellow females really thinking that produces such fear, exactly? That Donald Trump will arrive at the homes of all American women and grab them in the p*ssy? That we'll suddenly be plunged back into garment factories and forced to work for pennies while being sexually assaulted by men in the workplace? That our voting rights will be taken away? That spousal abuse will become legal once again? I am trying to understand whatever legitimate concerns there may be but I'm honestly struggling here.
And completing the circle on this...

The people who we are told are not a threat, who are people just looking to get out of a tough situation in their homeland, who we should allow to settle in this country with virtually no background checks - those are the ones that will gun you down and run you over with a truck, and rape women.

Seems like it is all 180 degrees out of phase with these people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 12:54 PM

772 posts, read 391,198 times
HRC supporter need to accept the fact that their queen will not have a coronation.

It's over.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:57 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,338,868 times
Quote:
I don't understand the repeated sentiment that women "feel fear" as a result of Trump winning. I just don't. The guy may be a serial philanderer, but what are my fellow females really thinking that produces such fear, exactly? That Donald Trump will arrive at the homes of all American women and grab them in the p*ssy? That we'll suddenly be plunged back into garment factories and forced to work for pennies while being sexually assaulted by men in the workplace? That our voting rights will be taken away? That spousal abuse will become legal once again? I am trying to understand whatever legitimate concerns there may be but I'm honestly struggling here.
Word to the wise: do not attempt to rationalize irrationality.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:33 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,730,041 times
Can anybody tell me what was Hillary's slogon for her campaign? What was her campaign message?

Old 12-20-2016, 01:42 PM

45,455 posts, read 60,666,498 times
I wonder what she meant by "wrong people". When our local SJWs and Hillary supporters say the " wrong people" come to our public beach they mean Blacks and Hispanics in the first tier with SW Asians in the next tier.

Do you suppose that's what she meant? I'm so confused.

Old 12-20-2016, 02:09 PM

45,610 posts, read 27,230,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Can anybody tell me what was Hillary's slogon for her campaign? What was her campaign message?
"Why am I not 50 points ahead of Trump?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1hNiiVaITQ

Old 12-20-2016, 02:29 PM

18,037 posts, read 27,488,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I said this in another thread. The media had Hillary a lock, and I believe many "lazy" Hillary supporters chose not to vote because it was "in the bag". Most especially this probably happened in the rust belt states.
So you're saying her voters had no passion for her. I disagree with this. They're still yappin about her loss and seem poised to p and m about it for the next 8 years.

No, what I think happened to many of her supporters is they changed their mind about her and decided to not vote. They weren't lazy, they just decided they h8 the bish.

So if this is true, then why doesn't Snowflake Nation get on their case?

Old 12-20-2016, 02:54 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,214,643 times
Quote:
Me too. I am having no qualms about losing anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Word to the wise: do not attempt to rationalize irrationality.
Good point.

Old 12-20-2016, 02:58 PM

18,037 posts, read 27,488,141 times
Quote:
Hillary laid this fear-based rhetoric on her base, the media crammed down the throats of all who had ears, and many unfortunately bought it. Another one she played up was how dangerous Donald was with the "button".

It didn't work.

She had nothing but negative adds and very little substance and a whole lot of baggage.

Old 12-20-2016, 03:09 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,811,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Hillary laid this fear-based rhetoric on her base, the media crammed down the throats of all who had ears, and many unfortunately bought it. Another one she played up was how dangerous Donald was with the "button".

It didn't work.

She had nothing but negative adds and very little substance and a whole lot of baggage.
As far as I'm concerned, the media and the DNC did it to themselves. They f***ed Bernie Sanders and assumed all the voters would go to Hillary. Few actually did - the rest stayed home, voted 3rd party, or even for The Donald.

I for one saw through the B.S. and couldn't bring myself to vote for her. I voted for Trump for 3 factors:

1. End Common Core

2. Prevent the spike of Obamacare premiums (was going to be huge in my state)

3. The fact that he's an ex-Democrat and nearly as Conservative as the media wanted people to believe. Hillary is an ex-Goldwater supporter, who back in the '60s was against civil rights.

My biggest fear was that if Big Don won, the stock markets would tank. They did for a few hours, but came right back up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections