Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 03:24 PM

27,163 posts, read 15,341,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This isn't entirely untrue. She is right that those who Hillary needed to show up decided to not show up. Trump didn't get a lot of support, people simply didn't bother to show up for Hillary.

She still lost.

Not something she would want to put on a resume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 03:29 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,380,400 times
I knew she was in trouble when the people I know, who always vote Democrat wouldn't vote for her.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:17 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,769,880 times
Unless they were dead ....... all the right people voted.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:55 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,752,282 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td4wbgItqXw

Old 12-21-2016, 05:17 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,769,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post

"Hillary Clinton is in the dumpster of History."

Old 12-21-2016, 06:52 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
"Why am I not 50 points ahead of Trump?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1hNiiVaITQ
This video never gets old.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:49 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,844,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This isn't entirely untrue. She is right that those who Hillary needed to show up decided to not show up. Trump didn't get a lot of support, people simply didn't bother to show up for Hillary.

She still lost.

What a crock of baloney! This is funnier than that video clip.

Let's see...Trump "didn't get a lot of support." He just got a lot of votes. The second part is even funnier, and Hillary's camp got the memo, too: Hillary's voters didn't show up. Why, that's one helluva way to show one's support, isn't it? All of which means that she lost because she didn't have the support.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
What a crock of baloney! This is funnier than that video clip.

Let's see...Trump "didn't get a lot of support." He just got a lot of votes. The second part is even funnier, and Hillary's camp got the memo, too: Hillary's voters didn't show up. Why, that's one helluva way to show one's support, isn't it? All of which means that she lost because she didn't have the support.
If Hillary had got the support Obama did, she would have won.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:28 PM

7,653 posts, read 8,724,194 times
Those poor fear-stricken voters badly victimized by the media!

The thesis that Trump won because of the "lazy" would-be Clinton voters not showing up to vote does not hold well. You could also say that because the media made it seem to be a sure thing that Trump would lose, there must have been a lot of "lazy" would-be Trump voters who didn't show up to vote.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:54 AM

21,484 posts, read 10,593,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I don't understand the repeated sentiment that women "feel fear" as a result of Trump winning. I just don't. The guy may be a serial philanderer, but what are my fellow females really thinking that produces such fear, exactly? That Donald Trump will arrive at the homes of all American women and grab them in the p*ssy? That we'll suddenly be plunged back into garment factories and forced to work for pennies while being sexually assaulted by men in the workplace? That our voting rights will be taken away? That spousal abuse will become legal once again? I am trying to understand whatever legitimate concerns there may be but I'm honestly struggling here.
I've been struggling to understand this too. It's not like Donald Trump doesn't have a history of supporting women executives in his company, paying them very well. His daughter seems to be a big advocate for women in the workplace. I don't get it. The only conclusion I can draw is that these people think he will outlaw abortion. He pretty much said he would appoint an anti-choice Supreme Court justice. But I never really believed he cared very much about that issue, nor do I even think an anti-choice justice will do anything about it. We have had a conservative Court for decades, and three very conservative presidents since Roe v. Wade, and still abortion is the law of the land.

Maybe it's just people believing that the president really has that much power, when he doesn't. All the gains of women and people of color over the years happened no matter who was president, and it's not going to be rolled back now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections