Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2016, 09:39 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,088,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I guess you can't spell Chelsea Clinton because while it might look like Sasha Obama I can assure you it is not spelled that way.

If some right-winger cornered Chelsea Clinton with child in tow and had to be removed from a flight you'd be screaming bloody murder.

I have no patience for the raging hypocrits on the right and left here that would switch sides completely if this were Chelsea Clinton (please note, not spelled Sasha Obama) instead of Ivanka.
The poster I was responding to was complaining that "the president's kid" was being harassed. Ivanka is not just "the president's kid," she is in his inner circle, and thus she wields a great deal of power and influence. She has placed herself at the center of power and as a face of the upcoming administration, and thus, she should not expect to be shielded from criticism the way a mere "president's kid" who has no power or influence would be.

What political power does Chelsea Clinton wield? What political power did she ever wield?

Oh, that's right, none whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 09:52 AM

1,008 posts, read 488,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Yup. This is the "lady" that is going to be our surrogate "First Lady".....traveling in a sweat suit.

Very dignified and classy.

These people are just trailer trash with the appearance of money. Whether they actually have any or not is open to debate.
Moochelle Obama is a dude in drag but if we point that out we are "disrespectful".

Old 12-23-2016, 10:01 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,385,633 times
I have no idea why Ivanka Trump was flying coach, but I will note that a few years ago when my youngest was a very adorable toddler, we flew a red-eye into Orlando. My toddler just would not sleep, and a very lovely woman sitting across the aisle in coach played with him almost the entire trip, chatting us up about normal everyday stuff. At the end of the flight, my husband and I introduced ourselves and thanked her for keeping our toddler entertained. She graciously accepted our thanks and introduced herself as -- insert very common '70s female name here -- and went on her way. The entire time, I kept thinking to myself, "She is so familiar." Finally, as we were standing outside the Orlando airport waiting for our ride, it hit me as I watched her get into a large SUV with blacked out windows and a couple of burly men who were very obviously bodyguards that she was the lead singer of an extremely famous rock band. I grabbed my husband's cell phone and looked her up. I was right. She was scheduled to headline a huge holiday concert a couple of days later, and the name she had used to introduce herself was her real name. I don't know whether she thought it was funny that I did not recognize her or grateful that she could travel incognito like a normal person. Maybe a little bit of both. I don't know why I tell this story, maybe just as a reminder that the rich and famous are people, too, and sometimes they fly coach.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:17 AM

78,502 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What political power does Chelsea Clinton wield? What political power did she ever wield?

Oh, that's right, none whatsoever.
Lol....you're so consistently partisan it's adorable.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:26 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Their final destination was Hawaii, they took this plane to transfer to a private one.

If you want to see yet another example of media bias, check out this headline from Huffington Post:

"Passenger Removed From JetBlue Flight After Ivanka Trump Tirade"

If you read that headline you'd think Ivanka pitched a fit over some passenger and had him thrown off the plane. They are the dishonest media.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:27 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,229,174 times
This is just a theory, but maybe it's none of your business how and why Ivanka Trump flies?

Old 12-23-2016, 10:31 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,981,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I have no idea why Ivanka Trump was flying coach, but I will note that a few years ago when my youngest was a very adorable toddler, we flew a red-eye into Orlando. My toddler just would not sleep, and a very lovely woman sitting across the aisle in coach played with him almost the entire trip, chatting us up about normal everyday stuff. At the end of the flight, my husband and I introduced ourselves and thanked her for keeping our toddler entertained. She graciously accepted our thanks and introduced herself as -- insert very common '70s female name here -- and went on her way. The entire time, I kept thinking to myself, "She is so familiar." Finally, as we were standing outside the Orlando airport waiting for our ride, it hit me as I watched her get into a large SUV with blacked out windows and a couple of burly men who were very obviously bodyguards that she was the lead singer of an extremely famous rock band. I grabbed my husband's cell phone and looked her up. I was right. She was scheduled to headline a huge holiday concert a couple of days later, and the name she had used to introduce herself was her real name. I don't know whether she thought it was funny that I did not recognize her or grateful that she could travel incognito like a normal person. Maybe a little bit of both. I don't know why I tell this story, maybe just as a reminder that the rich and famous are people, too, and sometimes they fly coach.
Oh come on, you have to tell us who it was! Let me guess...Stevie Nicks?

Old 12-23-2016, 10:31 AM

1,160 posts, read 714,002 times
I can afford 1st class but never fly it b/c it's not worth it. Rich people dont get rich by throwing their money away stupidly

Old 12-23-2016, 10:32 AM

25,831 posts, read 18,857,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djkingman View Post
In her book she laments the incedent of her mother making her fly coach to the South of France, so why was she flying coach on Jet Blu recently? Is she trying to appear more egalitarian?
Maybe because she doesn't want to appear to be Marie Antoinette, even though she certainly has the money to do so. Not everyone who is filthy rich flaunts it all the time like Hollywood prima donnas.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:34 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,981,847 times
Bernie Sanders flew coach most of the primaries... Was that a set up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections