Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2016, 08:27 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,293,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This whole deal looks like a set up to me. Ivanka and family flying coach? Please.

Wonder what is going on in the background that they are using this to distract folks.
And JetBlue at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 08:32 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,382,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Apparently, there was a whole crew of their friends and family along with them on the same flight.

Also ... who frickin' cares?

You are dealing with liberals here. They do not fly very often because they are typically miserable failures in the market place and cannot afford to travel. They also tend to be unable to attract mates and they are often barren and lonely. So they have never experienced the issue of keeping together a large group on a plane, and don't realize that premium seating is not a limitless supply, on short notice especially.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:32 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I thought all liberals were on welfare - but now I guess we're uppity and flying first class.

Which is it?
Both.

Ivanka doesn't fly JetBlue. This was a publicity stunt.

I do agree that people with money are often frugal, but everyone I know who has flown with Ivanka (and I know a handful of people who have) were ALL sitting in First Class on a regular, non-bargain airline when they sat near her.

First Class from NY to SFO isn't remotely expensive.

And, I'm not rich (by rich people's standards, anyway). Coach just makes my back hurt.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:33 AM

40,954 posts, read 49,234,730 times
Biggest Billionaire Democrat is Warren Buffet.

He's well known to be super cheap. Lives in a modest house and drives an older Cadillac.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:34 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It really makes you wonder just exactly WHAT IS WRONG with so many people on the far left. These two freaks attacking the daughter of the president elect are just pathetic. Hopefully THEY will be prosecuted for the HATE CRIME they committed. Aren't they both in professional fields? Hopefully their companies will fire their pathetic butts. We have had people fired for Facebook comments, something FAR less offensive than this. They should be held to the same standard as anyone else. So pathetic and so immature that they let their emotions over a freekin' election drive them to attack a defenseless woman?

Attacking Ivanka in this manner is no more acceptable than doing the same thing to the Obama daughters. Yet the left-wing freak show is supporting (or at least excusing) those that attack any conservative woman would be all offended and playing the misogyny and race card were it the Obama girls. So many on the left have no standards of decency or any form of self control. Thankfully, these two azzholes don't represent ALL liberals...just far too many.
Hate crime? LOL.

I do not agree with disrupting a whole plane, but HATE CRIME?

It's not a crime to dislike Ivanka Trump and her father's ham-fisted attempt at being in charge.

First amendment still intact.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:38 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,862,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Hate crime? LOL.

I do not agree with disrupting a whole plane, but HATE CRIME?

It's not a crime to dislike Ivanka Trump and her father's ham-fisted attempt at being in charge.

First amendment still intact.
For the time being at least.

This was a set up. No way does Ivanka Trump, her family, her friends, and her security guards fly coach all across the country for the hell of it. That just doesn't make sense.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:40 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,862,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Biggest Billionaire Democrat is Warren Buffet.

He's well known to be super cheap. Lives in a modest house and drives an older Cadillac.
But the man does not fly coach with his family and friends.

And neither does Ivanka Trump and her entourage.

This was a stunt.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:42 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,978,748 times
1) Maybe she is trying to teach her kids a little humility or give them an experience that regular people can have any time they want - being packed into economy class like sardines in a tin can. Or maybe she was doing research in case her father wants her input into what should go into the new AF1.

2) Yes, she does lean left and yes, she is concerned about the environment (not that most of us aren't and not all of us 'lean left' .. we just may disagree on the root cause or actions to pursue to preserve it/fix it, etc.). Maybe she has been as concerned as many of us that the current president and his family often double the cost to the taxpayer (and environmentally nasty emissions) by taking private jets and AF1, etc. separately for their vacations .. almost seeming to never travel together deliberately.

3) Maybe 1st class was all booked. Her 'party' was more than five - cousins, husband, 3 kids, security personnel - all on a relatively small plane. Apparently larger planes can't land at the airport she was going to so perhaps options were just limited unless she rented a business jet for what .. a 2 hour flight, max?

4) Maybe she isn't quite as snobby as some want to believe she is or should be. Maybe she often has flown this way before and no one ever even noticed till now.

5) Maybe she can't help, any more than any of us can, what family she was born into or how rich she is, or Daddy is, or how much 'privilege' the world attaches to her just because she is who she is and/or Daddy just won the presidency. Maybe she also values her individuality and her ability to just be herself.

Honestly, it just looks to me that she was just trying to get the whole family from point A to point B as quickly and efficiently as possible (which is a good thing when you have small children) - no ulterior motive involved.

Who the heck knows? Who the heck should care if she flies economy? Seems to me people will criticize either way anyway - why pay more or seek to look 'elite' when perhaps at heart you are pretty down to earth and always have been just to tick off one segment of the population intentionally. I honestly doubt that Ivanka can a) win b) gives a hoot about 'winning' or making a statement in this case - she was just Mommy and wanted to go as expediently as possible to where the rest of her family was gathering for Christmas.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:43 AM

1,160 posts, read 714,002 times
what does it matter to you how she spends her money? The funny thing is, if she had been in first class, you could have criticized her for that!

This forum is getting ridiculous - perhaps it should be renamed to "Bash Trump and his family"

Old 12-23-2016, 08:44 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,293,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Maybe Trump isn't as rich as he claims?
Tax returns!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections