Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 04:21 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
This is old news. I'm sure she is over it by now. If not, time for a shrink. Let's move on. We've got what we got and it may be a long 4 years.....
Hmm. No not yet. They are still harping about the Russians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 07:05 PM

34,075 posts, read 17,119,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Well, to be fair, I can't say I've heard or seen all that much from Hillary since the election. Her supporters, on the other hand.....OMG.

Had she conceded at 2:30 a.m., or rebuked Stein, her supporters would emulate that admirable behavior. She went home like a little girl unable to accept defeat, watched with glee at Stein's antics, and is 110% responsible for her teddy bear, Play Doh, diaper pin wearing infantile supporters every action.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:15 PM

16,636 posts, read 8,636,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Her supporters need to give it a rest. She lost, move on. Hopefully we'll have a female President soon, and not one ridden with scandals like Hillary.
Why hopefully a female soon?
Whether we have one or ten in the future, hopefully it will be on merit, having nothing to do gender. To pick someone who in essence will run the free world and command the most powerful military on earth based on gender, race, religion, etc. would be absurd.

Frankly I think women who have ambitions of being president themselves some day dodged a bullet. Hillary would have been so bad, it would have planted the idea in peoples minds that women don't have what it takes to be a leader of this country.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:21 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,359,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Whether we have one or ten in the future, hopefully it will be on merit, having nothing to do gender. To pick someone who in essence will run the free world and command the most powerful military on earth based on gender, race, religion, etc. would be absurd.

Frankly I think women who have ambitions of being president themselves some day dodged a bullet. Hillary would have been so bad, it would have planted the idea in peoples minds that women don't have what it takes to be a leader of this country.
Perhaps Obama did the same for future African Americans with ambitions to be President.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:46 AM

6,233 posts, read 3,614,624 times
I thought this would be footage of the Hindenburg disaster.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:10 AM

25,974 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Well, to be fair, I can't say I've heard or seen all that much from Hillary since the election. Her supporters, on the other hand.....OMG.
The Clintons NEVER do their own dirty work, NEVER. Hopefully, she is in rehab now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
This is old news. I'm sure she is over it by now. If not, time for a shrink. Let's move on. We've got what we got and it may be a long 4 years.....
More likely a great 8 years, probably 12 to 16 adding Pence in the mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm. No not yet. They are still harping about the Russians.
I wonder if that is the last delusion they'll play though. It has been one after another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Had she conceded at 2:30 a.m., or rebuked Stein, her supporters would emulate that admirable behavior. She went home like a little girl unable to accept defeat, watched with glee at Stein's antics, and is 110% responsible for her teddy bear, Play Doh, diaper pin wearing infantile supporters every action.
I doubt she was in any physical or mental state at 2:30 a.m. to appear before the public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Agree. Surely with Obama as a "black" POTUS (actually mixed race knowing nothing of what it is like for many blacks growing up in America) and Clinton, highly flawed, trying to win on being a woman, we can see that isn't the way to go.

Yes, as a woman, I did not want to see Hillary as the first female POTUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Perhaps Obama did the same for future African Americans with ambitions to be President.
Good point. I so wish Colin Powell could have been the first black POTUS, someone to look up to and be proud of by all Americans based on his qualifications and actions.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:15 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Hillary has been very quiet. Good God, is there no end to what antagonism you all will not heap upon this woman?

She has said NOTHING.

Who are you going to vilify in the future? I have a suggestion. Take a GOOD look at your own.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:19 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,321,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Hillary has been very quiet. Good God, is there no end to what antagonism you all will not heap upon this woman?

She has said NOTHING.

Who are you going to vilify in the future? I have a suggestion. Take a GOOD look at your own.
Amen to those words! I think topics like this are just a diversion to make us all look the other way while Trump breaks one ethical standard after another to fill up his staff, cabinet and the rest of the federal government which the Trump supports can't defend with a straight face.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:37 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,481,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Her supporters need to give it a rest. She lost, move on. Hopefully we'll have a female President soon, and not one ridden with scandals like Hillary.
She has as many scandals as Obama. Zero

Old 01-10-2017, 08:40 AM

13,443 posts, read 9,968,878 times
I know someone that needs to give it a rest, and it ain't Hillary.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections