Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 07:04 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Who cares?

Where's Cruz?
Where's Rubio?
Where's Kasich?
Where's Clinton?
Where's Fiorina?
The list can go on, and on.

They are done, the election is over.
Somebody made Cruz move from his seat at the inauguration.

Rubio made an azz of himself at the confirmation hearing for Tillerson, if I remember correctly. I used to think Rubio was intelligent but he's not smart. He keeps throwing in with McCain and Graham and every time he does, he loses. If he has any ambition beyond the Senate, he needs to cut that umbilical cord, pronto. Also, he had an opportunity to leave the Senate and get some of the executive experience he lacks, in order to take another run at the presidency, and he didn't do it.

Kasich, I haven't seen. Maybe he's meeting with Soros who donated to his campaign.

Fiorina met with Trump at Trump tower. Why? I don't know. I thought maybe she would get the cyber security job before it went to Giuliani but he's a much better fit seeing as that's what his company does.

Hillary Clinton, we've all seen. I predict we'll see more of Bill as part of the ex-president's club. Besides, I think Trump likes him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 07:19 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,769,880 times
Stein had so much of the money hidden in her clothes, that someone mistook her for being obese and ordered a gastric bypass surgery.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:43 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,904,471 times
Supposedly Stein was protesting at the inauguration, I had to search pretty deep, but Western Journalism said she was there protesting and one other obscure right wing news site. I couldn't find anything else on her.

Stein has a nice little war chest for 2020.

Gary Johnson said this would likely be his last run for a political office, but he would continue to help the Libertarian Party in other ways. He put out a short Happy Holidays statement, but I think that will be about the last we hear from him.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:47 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,482,730 times
Stein and Johnson are together laughing that they got anyone to vote for them

Old 01-22-2017, 10:36 AM

7,654 posts, read 8,724,194 times
Wonder whose bank account did the $7 million go? Can Stein snatch the money for her personal use? Does the Green Party have a way to prevent that?

Old 01-22-2017, 11:20 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,527,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
What about the money?
I would suspect that George Soros is 1st on the list

Old 01-22-2017, 11:24 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Probably hanging out with Putin. She's a fan.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:29 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,101,028 times
Default Jill Stein's recount fundraising: What happens to leftover money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Now she's quiet, hoping people will forget the $7 millions she's holding now.
Jill Stein's recount fundraising: What happens to leftover money? - CBS News

Old 01-22-2017, 02:16 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,904,471 times
I dug a little into this and I'm a little confused, I thought the money went to Jill Steins 2016 presidential campaign. But it seems like it didn't, because she has only reported about $3.5 million raised. Just for the recount she raised about $7.5 million.

I can't find anything that says where all the money has gone. She said the left over money, if there is any, would be donated to charity, but I can't find anything to confirm she actually did that or anything. Does anyone have any recent articles, that previous cbs news article was written during the process and was mostly making assumptions in what she could do and what she claimed she would do.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:04 PM

13,300 posts, read 7,339,094 times
She is counting the money she got from so many dumb people who sent her money. I could never believe she found so many stupid people who thought she could even get a recount she had absolutely zero proof that any voting had been tampered with. She thought she was going to just roll right into those states and delegitimize each county's voting system without a fight in court these are local's they don't want some green peace out of towner coming into their counties telling them their voting system was junk or tampered with. I ended up voting for Clinton in the end but you know the money didn't start to roll in until Clintons went along with her on the idea they should refund everyone's money if they had any morals.

You can look at her website says the money is going to nonpartisan election reform and voting rights organizations what a crock of BS. >> http://www.jill2016.com/recount
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections