Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 11:19 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,822,740 times

Advertisements

^^It depends on how bad Trump messes things up. If things get that bad, he will only have the white evangelical Protestant base that he can count on. In states where white evangelicals make up less than 50% of the population, Trump will have trouble winning. If Democrats are smart and nominated a center-left candidate and not a far-left one, it could be a situation where Trump only wins the few states in the South Central region (Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Alabama) where evangelicals make up 40% or more of the population.

Note that I am focused on evangelicals here because most of them will always vote Republican because they feel it's their religious obligation to do so until Roe v Wade and Obergefell are overturned. Other right-leaning people may make an exception and vote Democrat one time if Trump is that bad.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:28 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,333,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I know it's a little early, but here is how I predict the 2020 map will look. If this isn't it, i'll be back to this thread in four years to say I was wrong.

2016 Presidential Election Interactive Map

Does it look realistic?

You forgot to include a map of Russia!

Old 01-31-2017, 10:30 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,086,978 times
Quote:
I know it's a little early, but here is how I predict the 2020 map will look. If this isn't it, i'll be back to this thread in four years to say I was wrong.

Does it look realistic?

Dunno, nice map. Maybe, time will tell.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
^^It depends on how bad Trump messes things up. If things get that bad, he will only have the white evangelical Protestant base that he can count on. In states where white evangelicals make up less than 50% of the population, Trump will have trouble winning. If Democrats are smart and nominated a center-left candidate and not a far-left one, it could be a situation where Trump only wins the few states in the South Central region (Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Alabama) where evangelicals make up 40% or more of the population.

Note that I am focused on evangelicals here because most of them will always vote Republican because they feel it's their religious obligation to do so until Roe v Wade and Obergefell are overturned. Other right-leaning people may make an exception and vote Democrat one time if Trump is that bad.

No, not really. Reps have more in their pocket. A vote for a dem is a vote to confiscate guns. It is the hope of the dems they can ruin the country enuf in 4 years to sway the vote.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
475 to 63 in favor of the Dems is not realistic even if they resurrected JFK.

There are two thing that have to be considered. If Pres. Trump keeps his promises, which it looks like he'll do, and the country is in a better place, he will be difficult to defeat.

Also, the Dems have to run a candidate that is more mainstream and not so far to the left in order to get back the independent voters they lost. Most of the independents that voted for Trump do not buy into the hysteria the liberals are promoting and will vote against that kind of agenda.

I'm not saying a Democrat couldn't win, but it wouldn't be by that kind of margin. It's more likely Trump wins another term by the same margin he won by in 2016.

Mainstream? Dems cannot be trusted on their word. Remember Obama was against homosexual marriage...when he gets in he magically changes to bringing in homosexual marriage. Same with the rest. Dems will promise no gun confiscation...they get in and boom...send in your guns. Dems would sell their mother out for a vote. Witness the illegals coming into the country...just so they can have their vote.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:43 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,911,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
SC and KS going Dem???? REALLY? (Short of catching the GOP candidate having relations with a horse 3 days before the election.)

Anyway dead wrong on MT, NE, KS, TN, SC, GA.

GA maybe in 2028 as the East coast homogenizes. Except for SC.
Oh, but the horse asked for it. You know how those long-legged fillies are...

Yes, this map is way too optimistic. That said, I think Trump, if he's still in office, will have a difficult time against any respectable Democratic or viable third-party opponent, but it's far too early to call 2020.

Right now, the congressional elections of 2018 are more likely to reflect significant change.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:48 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,977,188 times
Quote:

Does it look realistic?
Although I like your map, I envision it as somewhat more balanced than that. However, I see the Republican candidate for president likely being Pence, not Trump

Additional R states:
TX
NE
KS
MT
MO
TN
KY
GA

Old 01-31-2017, 02:30 PM

6,252 posts, read 3,421,347 times
Quote:

Does it look realistic?
No....democrats running in the blue states will lose seats in both houses.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:11 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,278,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
You forgot to include a map of Russia!

and a map of Mexico.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:17 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,278,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Oh, but the horse asked for it. You know how those long-legged fillies are...

Yes, this map is way too optimistic. That said, I think Trump, if he's still in office, will have a difficult time against any respectable Democratic or viable third-party opponent, but it's far too early to call 2020.

Right now, the congressional elections of 2018 are more likely to reflect significant change.

Trump won 30 states with 306 electoral.....he did it by fighting a long primary of 17 candidates and not getting support from the GOP establishment and getting outspent in the primary and general.

In 2020, Trump will have the advantage because he is the sitting President and he won't have any challenge from the party and he will have money advantage over the DEMOCRAT candidate who will come out bloody in a civil war in the democrat party and spend lots of money.

The Democrats don't have a deep bench.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections