Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 03:40 PM

7,272 posts, read 5,313,738 times

Advertisements

Trump is now our President, and I think now looking back at the primaries, it was way more enjoyable than I gave it credit for.

It was a parade of fools and clowns, except for one man (I'll get back to this*). It was a bunch of politicians against an outsider. It was an entertainer, a businessman, and a person who thrives under the spotlight against baby men in diapers. Trump was the bowling ball, the rest were the pins. Networks for years have been scrambling and competing making reality TV. What we saw was the real deal in reality TV, worldwide. On the biggest stage, Trump hammered his opponents. And at the end of the day, he won. We observed a political Hollywood that we may never see the likes of again. It was pure entertainment, bringing out all sorts of emotions from viewers. It really was amazing when I think about it, being it was the run for the most powerful political office in the world caught worldwide on TV to watch in all its glory.

*I don't care what you may think of Trump. He proved one thing - he's a winner. Not a fool or a clown, but a winner. My #1 athlete of all time Tom Brady, on my favorite team of all time, the New England Patriots. Brady, Belichick, and Kraft made it very clear where their allegiance was. So much so they were mentioned by Trump. Winners attract winners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 03:57 PM

29,232 posts, read 22,494,585 times
Yup.
The British invented a term for a guy like Trump.

Black swans didn't exist in Europe or anywhere else, so everyone thought all swans were white all around the world. Everywhere the British went, and they went everywhere, only white swans were found. In Asia, Africa, the Americas. Anywhere there was a swan, it was always a white bird.

Until black swans were discovered in the Australian outback. The discovery changed all bird biology.

Trump is a Black Swan.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:08 PM

7,502 posts, read 6,307,266 times
I didn't know what a Black Swan event was, so I read Wiki.

'Black swan events were discussed by Nassim Nicholas Taleb in his 2001 book Fooled By Randomness, which concerned financial events.

Taleb asserts:[7]

What we call here a Black Swan (and capitalize it) is an event with the following three attributes.

First, it is an outlier, as it lies outside the realm of regular expectations, because nothing in the past can convincingly point to its possibility. Second, it carries an extreme 'impact'. Third, in spite of its outlier status, human nature makes us concoct explanations for its occurrence after the fact, making it explainable and predictable.

I stop and summarize the triplet: rarity, extreme 'impact', and retrospective (though not prospective) predictability. A small number of Black Swans explains almost everything in our world, from the success of ideas and religions, to the dynamics of historical events, to elements of our own personal lives.'

Sounds about right.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:54 PM

2,097 posts, read 3,821,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Trump is now our President, and I think now looking back at the primaries, it was way more enjoyable than I gave it credit for.

It was a parade of fools and clowns, except for one man (I'll get back to this*). It was a bunch of politicians against an outsider. It was an entertainer, a businessman, and a person who thrives under the spotlight against baby men in diapers. Trump was the bowling ball, the rest were the pins. Networks for years have been scrambling and competing making reality TV. What we saw was the real deal in reality TV, worldwide. On the biggest stage, Trump hammered his opponents. And at the end of the day, he won. We observed a political Hollywood that we may never see the likes of again. It was pure entertainment, bringing out all sorts of emotions from viewers. It really was amazing when I think about it, being it was the run for the most powerful political office in the world caught worldwide on TV to watch in all its glory.

*I don't care what you may think of Trump. He proved one thing - he's a winner. Not a fool or a clown, but a winner. My #1 athlete of all time Tom Brady, on my favorite team of all time, the New England Patriots. Brady, Belichick, and Kraft made it very clear where their allegiance was. So much so they were mentioned by Trump. Winners attract winners.

I've said this all along that whether you like him or not he is a winner and he did this all alone. He had no help from the MSM or the republican party. All the polls were against him but he kept on fighting and campaigning like a madman day & night. He started off his first week doing more than any other president that I can remember doing and keeping all his campaign promises. We all know everyone campaigns and promises the world and you're lucky if 1/10 ever gets done so it's nice to see someone actually do what they said they were going to. I'm sure the resident haters will be along soon with their Orange Cheeto,tax dodger BS but we all know that if Hillary had one she would've spent the next several years paying back her big money donors and doing nothing for this country.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:57 PM

10,221 posts, read 7,641,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post

He's an orange clown. He said himself he's like P T Barnum. Barnum is the one who said, "There's a sucker born every minute" and "You don't go broke underestimating the public."

Old 01-27-2017, 09:21 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,903,872 times
Yes it was exciting and the Dark Horse actually won. However America was looking for something different and we got President Trump.

compared to the DNC they everything was planned and they even had "Fake Candidates" to make the race appear to be fair. Then the unthinkable!

Bernie was on the heals of HRC and the DNC went nuclear and got caught!

One has to say if this was not real life it would be TV!

Old 01-27-2017, 11:32 PM

6,599 posts, read 6,783,171 times
What Trump did to expose the babbling idiot, runt of the litter, family legacy Jeb Bush was classic. And then to top it off & crush the Clinton family hopes was fantastic. He took out 2 off the most rotten political families this country has ever been cursed with.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:13 AM

30,440 posts, read 23,894,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
What Trump did to expose the babbling idiot, runt of the litter, family legacy Jeb Bush was classic. And then to top it off & crush the Clinton family hopes was fantastic. He took out 2 off the most rotten political families this country has ever been cursed with.
Man, Trump battered Jeb! so badly, I started to feel for Jeb! Trump destroyed Hillary...but I don't feel sorry for her. Jeb! was just a follower, doing what he was told, "Run for President", Hillary is a disgusting, crooked, lying thief. She has massive amounts of blood on her hands. Jeb! just wants people to "please clap" for him. He doesn't know why, just please do it.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:43 AM

6,599 posts, read 6,783,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Man, Trump battered Jeb! so badly, I started to feel for Jeb! Trump destroyed Hillary...but I don't feel sorry for her. Jeb! was just a follower, doing what he was told, "Run for President", Hillary is a disgusting, crooked, lying thief. She has massive amounts of blood on her hands. Jeb! just wants people to "please clap" for him. He doesn't know why, just please do it.
Jeb was supposed to be the smart one Jeb=Fredo.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:00 AM

24,713 posts, read 17,450,637 times
Trump was amazing in the primaries beating out the seasoned politicians one by one.
Trump had a message that resonated with the core of America and that is why he won out.

I couldn't imagine any of those others that shared the stage with Trump being able to beat out Hillary.
Rubio? Cruz? Kasick? They would have been like "We tried our best and we will try even harder in 2020"
They were all soft, low energy.

Go Trump! and GO PATRIOTS !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections