Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 11:45 AM

27,755 posts, read 16,266,009 times

Advertisements

Proud lefties win a new prize. Compromise no more.
Democrat Hacks Sets Record for Delaying President Trump's Appointees
Quote:
Democrats are breaking records for stalling and denying President Trump his slate of top cabinet appointees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 11:59 AM

24,713 posts, read 17,450,637 times
So much for respecting the peaceful transfer of power that is so important to our democracy.....

So their big plan is to stall for the next 4 years? How about pulling up those nappies and going to work doing what the elected expect of you? Unless the voters want this which is ridiculous.

I heard this morning that some of the Dems are planning on boycotting the vote for Trumps Supreme Court picks. If I was in charge I would say "Okay you don't want to be here to vote yes, no or to abstain? then we will proceed without you."

Let's hope we don't have a crisis will these Dems are throwing their tantrums.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:04 PM

25,021 posts, read 28,010,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
So much for respecting the peaceful transfer of power that is so important to our democracy.....

So their big plan is to stall for the next 4 years? How about pulling up those nappies and going to work doing what the elected expect of you? Unless the voters want this which is ridiculous.

I heard this morning that some of the Dems are planning on boycotting the vote for Trumps Supreme Court picks. If I was in charge I would say "Okay you don't want to be here to vote yes, no or to abstain? then we will proceed without you."

Don't like the shoe being on the other foot now do you? That's what Republicans have been doing for the past 4 years. Obstruct, obstruct, obstruct

Old 01-31-2017, 12:14 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,956,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
And who was it who shot me down yesterday when I suggested that learning the art of political compromise would strengthen Trump's chances for success? None other than you Trumpites here. Tit for tat.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:23 PM

3,872 posts, read 4,099,150 times
An Executive Order should be introduced to get rid of the Democrapic Party.

Old 01-31-2017, 01:16 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,128,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Don't like the shoe being on the other foot now do you? That's what Republicans have been doing for the past 4 years. Obstruct, obstruct, obstruct

Lol, Obama had 7 of his cabinet appointees confirmed on his first day

Old 01-31-2017, 01:41 PM

27,755 posts, read 16,266,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
An Executive Order should be introduced to get rid of the Democrapic Party.
hear, hear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Lol, Obama had 7 of his cabinet appointees confirmed on his first day
Thanks for clearing up the light work

Old 01-31-2017, 02:19 PM

6,313 posts, read 3,460,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Oh please give me a break....look no further than old obstructionist Harry Reid who blocked even his own democratic parties bills.
I believe it was over 350 house bills backed by both parties and wouldn't allow amendments to bills by Senate republicans. Your partisanship is showing.

Old 01-31-2017, 02:31 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,280,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

See how it works for Democrats. Screw the country , screw everyone in the process. As long as they have their cushy positions, there is not a bother in the World to them all. Act it up, pull at heart strings in the most disgusting way possible, fake tears and even faker concerns as they will do just about anything or attack anyone without the slightest hesitation.

This coming few years will be marked by blatant obstructionism from Democrats. Like nothing we have seen before. Somehow they thought disapproval of Congress could be overlooked in favor of a singular attack policy towards Trump. Little do they understand how it does them no favors in the near or long term to continue with this ill advised adversarial approach.

Old 01-31-2017, 02:31 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,811,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Two words: Merrick Garland.

You guys truly are the Kings of hypocrisy. I hope Democrats screw over his confirmations as long as possible and keep the Supreme Court seat open for the next 4 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections