Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 06:52 AM

10,103 posts, read 5,775,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Well, she did receive 3 million more votes than the Trump. However, lost by 80,000 votes in the electoral states of Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Seems to me the electoral college needs to go away. Only in America, you can win the popular vote and lose. (Of course. places like Russia, they seem to have their own nasty elections.)

3 million votes, that is a lot of people that voted for Hillary and those votes are just nothing???

I do agree that Comey had a huge part, in turning people off. Just before an election, making crass remarks about a candidate????
I don't want the people of CA and NY (where millions and millions of people will always vote liberal) to decide my election for me. Lose the electoral college and people in the heart of America might as well not even bother voting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 06:53 AM

79,909 posts, read 44,400,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Like oppose Russian dictator Putin.
I wouldn't have suggested that we start shooting their planes down. Then again, I wouldn't have been in Syria to start with.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:58 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,238,252 times
I am so sick of politics trumping policy. An election is not a freaking football game.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:59 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,142,690 times
Did anybody sit and watch the whole interview -- or are we all just responding to the sound bites?

Old 05-03-2017, 07:00 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,662,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I watched the entire interview as I already posted. Did you? Again, the thread subject is false. She did not blame her loss on being a woman. She said she took absolute responsibility and made a lot of mistakes. She didn't even want to answer that question. However, she added that she believed that she was ahead before Comey, Wikileaks, etc., etc. (what you wrote) based on all the polls showing her comfortable lead.

I don't know what anyone expected her to say. She was ASKED questions and encouraged to answer them while being interviewed at a women's conference. It's as if you expected her to say "I sucked, didn't I? It was probably a big mistake for the Democrats to nominate me."

You fail to mention that she got a lot of applause when she added she won the popular vote by 3 million.

I don't know why this is such a big issue with you. Trump won and she is not the POTUS. Why are there so many Hillary threads?
Nah, it's not a false subject...she actually said that. That's like me cheating on my girlfriend and she breaks up with me and I'm like "it's because of me and I take responsibility...but I also blame you because I'm a dude and you must not like men, and you probably went through my phone and exposed my dirty laundry that I was cheating on you...but...yeah...I'm somewhat a tad bit responsible somehow".

What I bolded is basically what she should have said, actually, if you want to gain people's respect. You didn't see Mitt Romney or John McCain whining about a loss 6 months after the fact. What did they do? They moved on with life. Continuing to not accept the fact that her loss lies SOLELY on her, not any external factors, just shows that she lives in an "alternative" reality. Her winning by 3 million doesn't mean anything since our President's have always been selected by the electoral college.

You either own up completely, or you keep ignoring the fact that you just plain suck by continuing to keep blaming others for your own issues.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:00 AM

3,872 posts, read 4,102,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
She's a career politician who lost the election to a reality TV star who was once slammed by "Stone Cold" Steve Austin at Wrestlemania. It's going to be a long time before she finally accepts the truth, she's an awful politician.
That pretty much puts it in perspective right there.......too funny! Not only is she an awful politician, she is an awful person, and most of this country hates her and her family.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:10 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,420,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Did anybody sit and watch the whole interview -- or are we all just responding to the sound bites?
She shouldn't still be whining six months later! Did Eric Cantor whine about losing, or blame anyone but himself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary Clinton
"If the election had been on October 27th, I'd be your president."
Six months later, in public? Definition of a sore loser...

I'm a male, and I look forward to our first female President. In retrospect, I'm glad it wasn't Hillary.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:17 AM

9,970 posts, read 7,872,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Well, she did receive 3 million more votes than the Trump. However, lost by 80,000 votes in the electoral states of Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Seems to me the electoral college needs to go away. Only in America, you can win the popular vote and lose. (Of course. places like Russia, they seem to have their own nasty elections.)
But that's how it works in the US. She knew she needed electoral votes to win, not just the popular vote. She couldn't get enough. She didn't campaign smart enough.

Calling half the country deplorable didn't help her votes.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:07 AM

2,645 posts, read 1,855,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
That pretty much puts it in perspective right there.......too funny! Not only is she an awful politician, she is an awful person, and most of this country hates her and her family.
"Most of this country hates her and her family," and you know this how?

Now we have the honorable Trump who we all love???? Give me a break.

Was the title of this thread changed in mid stream?

Anyway, Hillary has more class than Trump will ever have. The man is embarrassing. IMO

Old 05-03-2017, 08:18 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,567,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
But that's how it works in the US. She knew she needed electoral votes to win, not just the popular vote. She couldn't get enough. She didn't campaign smart enough.

Calling half the country deplorable didn't help her votes.
And it's even her fellow Democrats that have come out and said that she didn't run a good campaign . Not just republicans .

Including Joe Biden

Even the Clinton News Network has published this

Joe Biden indirectly knocks Clinton's failed campaign - CNNPolitics.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections